Thursday, September 25, 2014

I'm Declaring the Fall TV Season ON! Survivor, Modern Family, Blackish and of course THE GOLDBERGS





THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Tina Fey, the SNL/30 Rock alumni currently stars in This is Where I Leave You

FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Crystal Kyler, Mike O'Dea, Karen Heniger & Lillian Doremus
HONORABLE MENTION: Larry Price


THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 4.0/13.0
NCIS-CBS 2.9/18.0
Chicago Fire-NBC 2.7/9.4
NCIS New Orleans-2.5/17.1
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC 1.9/5.6


Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Sons of Anarchy-2.2/4.1
19 Kids and Counting-TLC 1.0/2.5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/2.5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.1
Tosh.0-Comedy Central .7/1.2

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings
The Voice-NBC 103,000 Tweets
Awkward-MTV 98,000 Tweets
Chicago Fire-NBC 67,000 Tweets
Dancing With the Stars-ABC 60,000 Tweets
Sons of Anarchy-FX 60,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 
Survivor
Yeah! Jeff and Survivor are back in my life again. The Fall TV Season felt like it really got going last night when Jeff flew in to Survivor Nicoragua and introduced us to the 9 new pairs competing in this season's Blood vs. Water challenge. Jeff and Mark Burnett are great at keeping things fresh, so they added a few twists. Right off the bat we had a husband and wife competing against each other in the first reward challenge KNOWING that loser would get sent to Exile Island. Jeremy was in tears and very emotional when he sent his wife away in the first 5 minutes of the game. Luckily she didn't go alone, He had to choose someone from his own team to go with her. Interestingly enough without even meeting his tribemates he chose Keith, a fellow firefighter, to go with her. Keith was also very emotional. This twist is going to be brutal on the tribe members. Val, did gain something by going to Exhile, she ended up with the location of an immunity idol. The cast is pretty interesting and includes controversial Atlanta Braves relief pitcher, John Rocker who's trying to keep his identity a secret but Keith and Wes figured it out pretty quickly. 2 time Amazing Race losers Natalia and Nadyia are also in the game along with Miss Michigan and her strapping Michigan State football playing partner. Older dude, Dale got fire started without flint, but had to break his glasses in half to do it. I guess he won't be needing his sight on the island, huh? Josh, the gay guy had some sort of allergic reaction and was also having eye trouble. I'd really like to know what the producers tell the players to wear. They look like they're in their work clothes when they first arrived and then the second they got to camp they're all in underwear and bras. The boobs were flying all over the place and this year there seems to be a lot of bugs, baboons and critters everywhere. Unfortunately someone had to go home already and Nadiya the Amazing Race loser and gay stereotyper was first to go. We'll forget all about her by finale night. I don't know about you, but all is right in my world when Survivor is back in it. 

Big Brother Finale
  • OMG Julie got it 99% right for the finale. Hair good, dress good, shoes good but STOP THE CLOCK what was with the bracelets? On one wrist a bizarre red diamond bracelet and on the the other, it looked like she had her college dorm room key on that old phone cord bracelet. Stylist…you are fired. I'm calling Les in the AM. 
  • JUDY CHOP? Even the announcer was in on that action. It's JUDO chop people. J…U…D…O not Y!!!
  • OF COURSE VICTORIA WAS THE FIRST ONE DOWN OFF THE WALL. OF COURSE, because she SUCKS
  • Derrick and his overactive hands gave the endurance challenge to Cody
  • Dr. Will!!!! Dr. Will!!! I LOVE DR. WILL
  • Side thought: Do we think that Julie and Les sit at home in Beverly Hills and watch BB together at night? Julie probably picks up some sushi or maybe Mexican, they snuggle up on their sofa and watch the show together right? Oh wait. Julie doesn't pick up the food…the housekeeper picks it up or maybe she prepares a nice Kale and Cucumber salad. Back to the show, I'm digressing
  • Victoria's voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me
  • 15:29 for Derrick anddddddddd 30:03 for Victoria. She's SUCH A MORON
  • Dr. Will as moderator is perfection BUT he has gone a bit overboard with the botox and the tweezer
  • Lightbulb people: MASTER MANIPULATOR WAS DERRICK!!!! You finally got it. A little too late but YOU GOT IT
  • I forgot how bizarre JOcasta is
  • Victoria was on the block ninnnnnne times. 9!
  • Nicole is SUCH a tool
  • Did Cody, Derrick and Victoria get new clothes for finale night?
  • Giant scales of justice. Loved the sets this season CBS
  • Caleb's fave moment in the house was his date with Amber? Oy Vey Caleb
  • Cody won the final HOH, 50K and bonus, he didn't throw up from the crazy giant scale
  • Of course Cody picked Derrick to sit with him for the final 2. 
  • Did Victoria get hair extensions for finale night?
  • Caleb, it's maniPUlate not manipoolate
  • I honestly didn't think Cody played the game as good as Derrick but he was very compelling with the answers to the jury's questions.
  • Cody & Derrick fist bumped way too much for my taste
  • Nicole's finale night outfit  looked like a stripper's "before" outfit
  • Damn I'm going to miss seeing Caleb every week. 
  • Big reveal time: First Team America then Derrick being a detective. When I think about it more and more Derrick being and undercover detective is the same as all the dancers that have been on Dancing with the Stars. Unfair advantage? Sort of. 
  • And the Winner of BIG BROTHER 2014 is: Derrick. Note to Cody, loyalty cost you 450K
  • 10 Million votes were cast for America's Fave. Top 3 were: Zach, Nicole & Donny. Donny received 5 Million votes and took home the 25K  
  • GREAT SEASON CBS! Hollllllla!
The Goldbergs
I've been begging you guys to catch up on Season 1. I've told everyone and anyone who will listen to me to watch The Goldbergs, including my bank teller. Last nights premiere was proof positive of how right I am about this show. Hands Across America, shoulder pads, The Lost Boys, Laserium, Space Camp, Boo Berry, Die Hard, ahhhhh my 80's. Like Adam, I was a HUGE fan of the mix tape and still have quite a few masterpieces that I can't seem to part with even though I don't even have a way to play them anymore. I could replicate them all in 5 seconds on Itunes or Spotify but it just doesn't represent how we all used to pour our hearts into their creation. Adam made his for Dana Caldwell, but Bev found it and thought it was for her. Pops warned him trouble was brewing, but he just couldn't tell the truth. Did you DIE when Bev popped it in and started singing it TO Dana and Adam in the car? Of course Adam had to make an "I'm Sorry" mix tape before finally coming clean with both of the women in his life. While Adam was dealing with that, Barry and Erica were getting into the whole fake I.D. thing. Did you freeze your DVR and read what it said on Erica's I.D.? Of course I did. Erica's fake name was Sophia Lopez. She lives on 3267 Hill Road, Dummer, NH 02588. Hilarious. Even more hilarious, the PhotoFun guy taking the pictures with the Polaroid camera. Who was it for some bonus points? Please tell me you're watching my favorite sitcom! PLEASE! 

Modern Family
I did actually laugh out loud during the premiere of Modern Family…Phil's obsession with not having a single bad plum all Summer got me. I too get very excited when I experience a good piece of fruit. Fruit's always a risk, digressing again. Gotta give Sophia Vergara credit for stripping down to a makeup less face, shrinking 2 feet without her platforms, and wearing clothes that came out of my closet. She was barely recognizable and so tiny. Okay, did you guys all get the Men in Black reference? 10 points if you did. Just tell me what it was. The entire Cam and Mitch thing bugged the crap out of me and totally counteracted the good Summer plums. Emmy winning Best Comedy? COME ON! 

Blackish
I had seen the pilot over the Summer. What did YOU think? Thumbs Up? Thumbs Down? I thought it was cute. I enjoy Anthony Anderson. I didn't LOVE this one but I hear I should stick with it so I won't make a Season Pass ruling just yet. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Guess what? It's official,  Big Brother has been renewed for not just one but two more Summers. Did you have any doubts? I didn't. I knew that Les would want to provide job security for his wife. Now if we could just get him to cough up some dough in the budget for a new stylist, all will be right in the world. 

-If you're in to Saturday Night Live and didn't know that the old ones are available online and on cable, I'm a little concerned about you, but regardless, starting this Saturday, NBC will be running SNL Vintage at 10pm.  

Thursday's Trivia Question: Ben Schwartz ALSO stars in This is Where I Leave You. Name the show he's from. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment