Monday, September 29, 2014

Transparent, Survivors Remorse, Real Housewives of NJ, The Good Wife and the Masters of Sex Finale…Now that's WWTM!



THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Abigail Spencer stars on Suits, but I was referring to her role on Rectify where she plays Amantha Holden. Great job you guys, I was pretty impressed with how many correct answers I received. 

FIRST FIVES: Dave DeSocio, Mike O'Dea, Crystal Kyler, He Who Shall Not Be Named & Monica Carffa
HONORABLE MENTION: Karen Feldman 

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Thursday Night Football-CBS 6.0/16.2
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 3.9/14.3
Scandal-ABC 3.9/12.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 3.1/10.1
Bones-FOX 1.6/6.3

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 1.3/2.9
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.5
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7
Pawn Stars-History .7/2.4

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 718,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 295,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 206,000 Tweets
Parenthood-NBC 14,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 11,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.8/7.1
20/20-AB 1.6/6.4
Dateline-NBC 1.4/6.9
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.3/8.9
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.6

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
A Football Life-NFL Network 34,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 16,000 Tweets
The Amazing Race-CBS 12,000 Tweets
America After Ferguson-PBS 11,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 9,000 Tweets

-On Thursday night, something incredible happened people, Kimmel BEAT Fallon and Letterman. Kimmel did a 1.2 and Fallon did a .9. Did Shonda Rhimes shrapnel spray over onto the Jimmy Kimmel show or was it my post from a few weeks ago? I was so nervous when I came clean with you guys, but so many of you agree with me. Lets see how this plays out once Letterman steps down. Letterman fans, in my opinion, will choose Kimmel over Fallon.  


-Also on Thursday night, the biggest Yankee game ratings ever on YES with Derek Jeter's last game. Over a million people tuned in for most of the game but close to 2 million people tuned in for the last half hour to see The Captain's amazing walk off single to win his final game at Yankee Stadium. I'd love to know the total online views of his final moments. I bet those numbers are much higher!
THE SHOWS 
Transparent
I'm only 3 episodes in to Amazon Prime's first serious original dramatic series. (Alpha House is a comedy) Transparent is billed as a comedy which is bizarre. There is NOTHING funny about this show at all. It's sort of sad actually. Jeffery Tambor plays the father of 3 very unhappy, dysfunctional, adult children. He is also a woman trapped in a man's body who has been living with this secret his whole life. He's finally ready to go through the transformation but first he has to come out to his children. He's told one of them so far but has 2 more to go. Tambor is awesome in this role. It's amazing to watch him go back and forth between his real self and his fake self. Judith Light plays his ex-wife and is barely recognizable. Wait til she finds out about her ex. That'll be a good moment. You have to be in the mood for this one. It's not for everyone, but I do think that this could be the show to put Amazon on the map as a serious content destination contender. Let me know what you think. I'm hoping someone out there is watching. 

Survivors Remorse
Survivors Remorse takes Outlanders place on Starz starting next week. LeBron James is the executive producer of this one. Starz currently has the first 2 episodes available online and on their watch app. I watched both eps and really liked it. It's not the best show ever, but it's pretty good. It's the story of Cam Calloway an NBA star who just signed a huge contract, moved from Boston to Atlanta and has a ton of cash and is realizing the price of fame. His old life still keeps creeping in to his new one which isn't helping with the transition to superstar. To make matters more complicated, he's  got a crazy Mom with a big mouth, a lesbian sister with one of the foulest mouths I've heard in a long time, an uncle who pre-screens food and girls for him and a cousin who is trying to manage them all. There's really no big stars or recognizable faces in this one, but it's worth checking out if you have the chance. I think this one has potential. 

Real Housewives of NJ
Everyone over dresses on this show. Who wears 6 inch heels, flashy jewels and carries a huge pocketbook to go swamp boating? Teresa and Nicole that's who. These two are out of their minds. I knew the second I heard that everyone was going to Florida together that there would be tons of drama and fighting. Of course I was right, I'm a Real Housewives expert at this point. Everything was fine until Amber and Jim showed up and started drinking with the gang. Then Jim egged on Bobby and Teresa, and let the cat out of the bag about Bobby dating some other girl. Bobby got so pissed off that he locked himself in the bathroom like an angry immature teenager.  Back in NJ, The Giudice/GiuDEECHAY's were all having a very nice family dinner, debating how to say their last name over at Joe's brother Pete's house. 11 grandchildren for Joe's parents…all GIRLS! Can you imagine how loud it is in that house? Joe's Mom's got nothing on Barbara Walters, she had Joe and his Dad crying with just a few poignant words about family. Awww. Kathy should use some of the money she's spending on that new house to go and buy a new leather jacket that fits. Oh, and guess who Kathy & Richie's contractor is? KEVIN JONAS! I have a hard time believing that he'd rather be a contractor and deal with these two lunatics than sing for millions of screaming women with his brothers, but since we know they aren't getting along, maybe this 2nd career will pay off for him and Dani. Rosie really needs her own show. I felt so bad that she and Ellen broke up and that she was down in the dumps. If Andy gives her a show, she'll have women lining up, especially now that she knows how to apply the right foundation and lipstick.    

The Good Wife
The Good Wife is REALLY FREAKING GOOD! I thought I'd be angry with myself for breaking my own rules and watching a legal show, but I'm patting myself on the back now. Didn't you think after last season's big shocker that we'd never be able to move on? Well…I'm over it. There's so much going on in just the first 2 episodes of this season that I've already forgotten about Will. (Not really, but sort of). So here we are heading towards episode 3 and Diane and a bunch of other Lockhart Gardner peeps are heading over to Florick Agos where there's no fancy desks, walls or parking spots. I'm really pissed at Finn for screwing over Alicia. All she's ever done is help him.  I sorta thought that they'd end up dating, but what was up with that extremely long hug between Alicia and Cary last night?  You don't think they're going to end up together, do you? Kalina would freak the F out. I love Lemond Bishop. Doesn't he wear the nicest clothes? I couldn't figure out where I knew him from and then it dawned on me…RINGER! Remember? I wonder if Mike Colter, the hot actor that plays him is going to share clothes with Taye Diggs, the two of them together on the same show? SOMEONE needs to date them! How funny is Eli Gold? That guy kills me. Gotta be honest, I had to Google Valerie Jarrett. I knew she had something to do with The White House, but I wasn't sure what she actually looked like. I can officially confirm that she was the real Valerie Jarrett? How'd they get her?  I guess she's a fan?

Masters of Sex
The season finale of Masters of Sex had everything and everyone untied, unglued, and not really knowing what was next for them. The good news was that I think Virginia cured Bill. Not sure what his John & Jackie Kennedy dream was all about but didn't the two of them look JUST like John and Jackie? CBS ended up going with Ethan and some other dude's sex info. which is what Bill really wanted. He had Barton call in some favors to squash his and Virginia's show. Libby couldn't stay away from her super hot boss, and I don't blame her at all.  Lester and Barbara had all these plans for movies, Scrabble, dancing and even sleeping in the same bed with no sex, but then…they just couldn't take it and made out. Austin found out that his boss came from a wealthy and powerful family and then realized that she would never bring him home to them because SHE is EMBARRASSED by HIM! I can't believe that Ethan screwed over Bill and Virginia the way he did, but it was nice to see the guy even if it was on a little black and white TV screen. It was also good to see Barton again. Great season, Showtime! For those of you that have never gotten in to Masters of Sex, I strongly suggest bingeing on it before next season. It's not like anything you've seen before. Not at all. 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-This season will be the last one for CBS's The Mentalist.  So for any Mentalist fans prep yourself to say goodbye to Patrick. 

-Okay Pretty Little Liars fans or parents of a PLL fans…there's going to be a sneak peak of the special PLL Xmas episode during the first episode of The Hunger Games on ABC Family 10/12. Set your DVRS

-Lifetime renewed Devious Maids for a 3rd season. One of these days I have to finish bingeing this one. I started and it was so fun and cheesy but I need to go back to it. Now's just a bad time. 

-Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee returns with full Grande or Vente or whatever a full size coffee is called. No more of those stupid Single Shot tease episodes. I hated those. New episodes start airing on 11/6. Coming up this season, we'll get to see Jerry take a ride with Jimmy Fallon, Kevin Hart, Amy Schumer, Bill Burr, Fred Armisen, Ali Wentworth and Colleen Ballinge. 

-Bravo's so upset about the possibility of a late start for Shah's of Sunset, that they took over production from Ryan Seacrest. The editors are striking and Bravo just HAS to get Shah's to all of us crazy fans on time so they got some non-union dudes who need work and now Shah's will premiere on schedule. What would we all do if we had to wait? I can't even imagine. Now we don't have to.  

Monday's Trivia Question: Polly Draper made guest appearance on The Good Wife last night. In what show did she play Ellen? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment