Monday, October 6, 2014

Homeland! It's Back and MUCH Better.




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: When I'm wrong, I admit it and you guys keep me in check, big time. Thanks to Monica Caraffa who didn't even watch Scandal but knew that it was actually Mary McCormack and NOT Sherry Stringfield who guest starred in Thursday night's episode. The interesting, thing is that nobody else knew this. Everyone else answered Sherry Stringfield! HILARIOUS RIGHT? I gave EVERYONE points, so don't worry.

FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Crystal Kyler & Karen Feldman
HONORABLE MENTION: Daniel Block 

THE NUMBERS 


Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Thursday Night Football-CBS 5.9/16.5
Scandal-ABC 3.4/10/7
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 3.3/12.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.7/9.4
Thursday Night Kickoff-CBS 2.5/8.8

Thursday's Cable Top 5
MLB Division Series-TBS 1.2/4.1
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 1.2/2.6
Family Guy-Adult Swim 1.1/2.1
College Football-ESPN 1.0/2.3
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 286,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 155,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 139,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 69,000 Tweets
Gracepoint-FOX 20,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.8/7.0
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.3/9.7
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.6
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.2/6.6
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.2/6.1

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 24,000 Tweets
Real Time With Bill Maher-HBO 9,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 9,000 Tweets
Star Wars Rebels-Disney 7,000 Tweets
A Football Life-NFL Network 1,000 Tweets

I always get so many questions about Nielsen ratings. I saw this chart over the weekend and thought for all of you who ask, you'd find this interesting. The A18-49 Nielsen ratings are based on 21,532 panels but there are 126,980,000 Adults who are 18-49 in the U.S. Crazy how small the sample size is and how much the numbers mean to so many.



THE SHOWS

Real Housewives of NJ 
How in the world can Amber even say she loves her husband, Jim? HOW? He's repulsive, rude, disrespectful and repugnant. The fighting in Boca was classic RHONJ. So psyched that Dina asked those two to leave. I'm thinking they should just change the title of the franchise to Real Couples of NJ since in most cases the drama includes the husbands not just the wives. Didn't you think that Captain Lee, Ben, Kat and the Below Deck gang were going to be on the yacht that the housewives chartered? That would have been a great crossover episode. Loved the Bobby/Joe Bromance. I finally figured out who Nicole sounds like. It's been driving me nuts for a few weeks, but I got it. Jill Zarin. Boooobbbby! Right? Hard to watch Theresa and Joe with their girls and going on a date night in the city. Probably one of their last ones for a while.  I can only imagine what their goodbye's will be like. I'm not really sure why Jaqueline and Kathy are back in the show at all. Their storylines are  B.O.R.I.N.G. What would they have to talk about if we took Theresa and Autism off the table? NOTHING!

Homeland
I don't want to jinx it, but Homeland seems like it has gotten back on track. I wasn't sure how they would deal with the baby thing or if Brody was definitely dead, but I think we have clear answers, right? Baby Frannie may have her Dad's red hair but she also has her Mom's crazy look, doesn't she? I don't mean to disrespect the baby, but she does look a little off, right?  So basically, Carrie was in Kabul, acted on on some bad intel from Corey Stoll, and blew up a terrorists wedding. Bummed that Corey didn't survive the pummeling he took on the street. I really like that guy. The sh*t hit the fan back in the states when the wedding video went viral and Carrie and Peter had to come back home. Peter, in full on PTSD mode, slept with the heavy set manager of his motel and then took her to breakfast. Nice right? Problem was that he was still in PTSD mode when two idiots started making stupid comments. Peter has some mad CIA skills and knows how to use a napkin holder as a deadly weapon which landed those guys in the hospital and Peter in the slammer. Carrie bailed him out and then tried to do the Mom thing. She made me and I'm betting most of you, very uncomfortable when she put the baby in the front seat of her car and then in the bathtub without that seat thing. Did you think she was going to drown Frannie? I DID! I just hope the rest of the season is as good as the premiere. Fingers crossed.

How to Get Away With Murder

I watched Thursday nights episode and it's my last one. I really don't give legal shows a Season Pass unless they are REALLY different, unique or interesting. HtGAWM isn't any of those things. Just because Shonda Rhimes is involved doesn't mean we are all lemmings and will automatically keep watching. I've got so many issues with this show that I could type forever. Here are a few and then...I'm done. 1) These kids are in law school right? Seems to me they aren't going to any of their other classes if all they're doing is working for Annie. 2) Wes's hair is ridiculous. He totally looks like C. Thomas Howell in Soul Man. 3) I don't mean to be mean, but Viola Davis looks and walks like a man and watching her in sex scenes freaks me out. 4) Wouldn't the University have an issue with a teacher hiring/using students? The shows ridiculous. If you want to watch a great legal drama, watch The Good Wife, don't be a lemming.


Transparent  & High Maintenance
I was fasting all day Saturday, it was pouring out,  and I needed to do anything I could to distract myself from the leftover boneless spare ribs in the fridge. Soooo, I finished all of  Amazon's show, Transparent, and watched all of High Maintenance. Transparent was interesting and odd to begin with but it got weirder and weirder for me. Every character is so completely screwed up and dysfunctional that I was relieved when I finished the 10th episode. I'd still recommend it, but again, you REALLY have to be in the mood for this one and remember that I warned you. As for High Maintenance, I read about this show in New York Magazine of all places. HM is a web series on Vimeo. Right now there are 13 episodes that range from 7-13 minutes each. I'm sure you all know SOMEONE who lives in NYC and can call their "guy" and get pot delivered right? Well this is that guys show. Each episode is a different delivery. It's fun and if there's a customer you don't like, know worries, the ep is over just like that. If you're fasting and it's pouring out and you're trying to distract yourself from boneless spare ribs in the fridge, check it out. 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-Gotta say, I'm SHOCKED that TNT cancelled Dallas. Now I don't know what to do. I have the final 6 episodes in my DVR. Should I watch them, or just bag it? From what I heard, the show ended with a cliffhanger that, if I watch, I'll never find out the ending to. Sooooo what do you say guys? Watch it or hit the delete button?

-Happy to hear that Hollywood Game Night has been renewed for another 10 episode season. Glad to know that once Glee ends Jane Lynch isn't hanging out at unemployment.


Monday's Trivia Question: This past Saturday was the first Saturday morning in 50 years without Saturday morning cartoons. I thought I'd pay tribute to some of my faves as a kid. So…name this guy: 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment