Friday, November 14, 2014

Scandal, Parenthoood, Comedians in Cars and Vampire Diaries





THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:Kelly Monaco was the first winner of Dancing with the Stars
FIRST FIVES:Mike O'Dea, Priscilla Paez, Andrea Walters, Caryn Vitolo & Karen Feldman
HONORABLE MENTION: Dani Jackel
Goldberg Trivia Question #1- The song was "The Warrior" by Scandal
Goldberg Trivia Question# 2- The Sylvester Stallone movie was Over the Top
Trivia Question #3 -The guy from Modern Family was Michael Uria who was in Ugly Betty

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 3.1/9.7
The Voice-NBC 2.5/10.6
Black-ish-ABC 2.5/7.8
Law & Order SVU-NBC 2.4.10.0
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.3/10.1

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Horror Story-FX 1.8/3.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/1.8
South Park-Comedy Central .9/1.6
NBA-ESPN .8/1.6
American Pickers-History .7/3.3

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings
American Horror Story: Freak Show-FX 128,000 Tweets
Law & Order SVU-NBC 71,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 61,000 Tweets
Arrow-CW 33,000 Tweets
Snooki & JWOWW-MTV 8,000 Tweets 

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 11/3/14-11/7/14
Fallon-.9/3.6
Kimmel-.7/2.9
Seth Meyers-.5/1.5
Daily Show-.5/1.3
Letterman-.4/2.6
Colbert-.4/1.0
Nightline-.4/1.7
Conan-.4/.9
Craig Ferguson-.3/1.3
Carson Daly-.3/.9

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 11/3/14-11/7/14
GMA 1.7/2.0
Today 1.6/1.8
CBS This Morning .8/.9

THE SHOWS 
Scandal
I just had to go with bullet points for last nights episode. 
  • The Fitz/Olivia/Jake love triangle is probably the craziest love triangle I've ever watched and that includes high school. Can you name a crazier one?
  • The Magic window was working overtime between Elizabeth AND Kubiak  
  • How did Olivia's Dad know about "Standing in the Sun?"
  • How does Olivia decide WHICH white outfit to put on each morning when she stands in her walk-in closet?
  • With all that security, how did all of the papers in the files disappear? Does Kinkos do special jobs like that? It had to take hours or maybe it was disappearing ink?
  • I appreciated the perfect match of Mellie's red dress and red bra.
  • I have no idea what the Elizabeth/Kubiak/VP connection is but damn that VP gets a lot of action in one day, doesn't he?
  • So is Michael REALLY into Cyrus? I never realized just how tall he is. 
  • Would you classify Cyrus as an angry top or a power top?  (Too much?)
  • Did you see that 50 Shades trailer? I watched it twice. 2/14/15
  • How did Olivia's Dad set-up the set-up? Who was in the getaway car with him?
  • If Havi wasn't scarred for life from his Dad disappearing I'm pretty sure seeing him kill a guy will do it. 
  • Even though it was snowing last night, it is still, according to my calendar…FALL or Autumn, so how do you call next weeks Scandal episode a WINTER Finale? 
  • Olivia's fake crying was pretty convincing. I believed it. 
  • Two songs last night, name them both.

Parenthood
Watching Max get his heart broken broke my heart. I really thought that at Chambers Academy the kids wouldn't all seem so typical. Is it my imagination or is Max still the only kid that seems different? I caught a HUGE continuity problem. In the first scene when Max asks Kristina how to ask a girl out he's wearing a red sweater. In the next scene, same day, he's wearing a green shirt. Maybe the Script Supervisor got a new gig and a temp was filling in? We KNEW that Ruby, who just looks like you want to punch her in the face, was lying about the party. We knew it. No surprise there. Okay so I thought that Crosby was going to have a heart attack and die when he was dancing in the Luncheonette. He didn't. I thought Amber was going to lose the baby. She didn't. I thought Max was going to get hit by a car when he ran out of school. He didn't. I thought Kristina was going to get hit by a car when she ran after Max. She didn't. I felt a huge sense of relief. The episode was over and everyone was still alive.  Then I saw the scenes for next week. ZEKE BETTER NOT DIE! 2 last comments. 1) I HATE Jasmine's Mom and 2) I wonder if anyone noticed that Peter Krause and Lauren Graham played hooky together. They are still dating right? 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
I don't want to tell you the best part of this weeks CiCGC but I LOVE that Jerry didn't edit it or cancel the show or cover it up. He left it in and that made the entire episode. I'm not that into Amy Schumer but she was enjoyable. I think the 2nd best part about this episode was really the part in the diner. I just assume that this is all comedians do all day. They sit in diners and talk about the most ridiculous things and laugh hysterically. Here's the link: http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/amy-schumer-im-wondering-what-its-like-to-date-me

Vampire Diaries
Nobody loves a good reset more than me but the thing about a reset is you SHOULD only use it once. Vampire Diaries resets things all the time. Nobody dies. EVER. Soooo OF COURSE, Bonnie's alive. Of course she is. It's only a matter of time before she comes home from 1994, takes the spell off Mystic Falls and Elena remembers how much she loved Damon and they get back to bed, no shirts, and fighting supernatural bad guys with their friends. Also of note last night, Stefan and Caroline's ridiculous relationship. KISS ALREADY guys. Just KISS and get on with it. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Yeah! VH1 is the net bringing The Osbourne's back to Primetime TV for you and for ME! Glad Sharon cut a deal. I was hoping they'd find a network. 

-Will & Grace alums can't seem to catch a break really. Debra Messing's had a lot of misses, Sean Hayes too now Erik McCormack just loss his job on TNT in Perception. Maybe they should all just move back to the beginning with a reset and a flash forward. NBC, how's that for a good idea?  

-Last night was the second episode of the awesome new Jimmy Kimmel competition show "Do You Have What it Takes?" I'm pretty sure I posted the premiere but I'm too lazy to go back and check. Episode 2 is even better than Episode 1. No idea how long this goes on, who will make it to the next round, who has what it takes, and if we get to vote. Check it out: http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live/news/editors-picks/20141113-do-you-have-what-it-takes-episode-2

-I love Aaron Sorkin and apparently so does Seth Meyers. Aaron was on his show last night where I Iearned that he takes 6-8 showers a day and only likes his food burnt to a crisp. Seth paid tribute to Mr. Sorkin with this hilarious sketch. You'll only get it if you are familiar with Aaron's shows. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzlQTeUzC4s

-Good news for Anthony Bourdain, Mike Rowe and Lisa Ling, CNN renewed all of their shows. They also announced a new show called High Profits which has my interest. All  shows about the marijuana industry do. I'll be watching this one, it's about marijuana moguls. I'm in. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Aaron Sorkin told Seth Meyers that there is a good chance NBC will air a live version of his play/movie A FEW GOOD MEN. For an easy Friday Trivia Question, give me the line. You know the one. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

1 comment: