Monday, November 3, 2014

The Woman of Sunday Night: Theresa, Elizabeth and Alicia.

Congratulations to Jim Carter. Jim is the October Trivia Winner! I've reset the scores, November is a new month. All correct answers count towards the monthly prize. Don't forget that the blog is posted early on Facebook and Twitter and make sure to read carefully, ya never know when I throw in added trivia questions! Good Luck!


THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Charlie Brown got ROCKS when he went Trick-or-Treating 

FIRST FIVES: Crystal Kyler, Mike O'Dea, Dave DeSocio, Alex Nagler & Chuck Chiocco
HONORABLE MENTION: Michelle Mullings
Bonus Scandal Question: The songs from Thursday night: "Summer Breeze" & "Love & Happiness"

THE NUMBERS 


Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.1/16.2
Scandal-ABC 3.1/9.3
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 2.7/8.6
Mom-CBS 2.5/11.1
Two and a Half Men-CBS 2.4/10.2

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Thursday Night Football-NFL Network 2.3/6.8
NBA Baskeball-TNT 1.7/4.0
College Football-TNT 1.0/2.1
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.0
Pawn Stars-History .7/2.6

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 215,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 87,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 69,000 Tweets
At Midnight-Comedy Central 65,000 Tweets
Project Runway All Stars-Lifetime 5,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 2.0/7.6
20/20-ABC 1.4/6.1
Dateline-NBC 1.3/7.2
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.2/6.5
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.1/11.1

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE-Syfy 30,000 Tweets
Jimmy Fallon-NBC 6,000 Tweets
Bill Maher-HBO 6,000 Tweets
Kendra on Top-WE 2,000 Tweets
A Football LIfe-NFL Network 1,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS 

Real Housewives of NJ Reunion (Part 1)
I find it interesting that through it all, through the sentencing and the publicity madness and everything, Theresa was able to find a beautiful dress, get her hair and make-up done and show up for the reunion which was taped just 3 days after her sentencing. It's hard for me to feel sorry for her and Joe. She was definitely holding it together for the taping, but was still gum chewing, walking off stage and keeping up with all of the typical Theresa antics we have come to expect. What I didn't expect, was the twins to be so deadly, but I did enjoy their honesty. I was having a very hard time with Dina. She's just this person filled with hypocrisy. If the show is what caused all her problems, why come back? She really believed that her family members would just show up at Lexie's graduation party and just forget about the past 4 years? Come on, that's delusional. I really did like Dina when she was on the show at the beginning but now, I think she's stuck-up, arrogant and delusional, but then again, they all are at this point. Sad to hear about Kathy's daughter Victoria, I hadn't heard her brain tumor had returned, maybe because her parents did the right thing and kept it private. It can be done girls!

Madam Secretary
I knew that Henry had a secret, didn't I call it right from the beginning? Of course the writers wanted us to think he would cheat on Elizabeth, but I knew that wasn't it as soon as Stevie saw him with that woman. He's back in the NSA. So now when he and Elizabeth are able to coordinate dinner together or private time in bed to catch up, it's got to be movies, books and the kids right? I mean for the most part Elizabeth can't talk about her job and now Henry can't talk about his. Hope they can make THAT work. Good move not going to India though. Stevie and Henry missed the Earthquake and the awful sets. I realize that it's only the first season and they probably don't have much budget, but man did India look so hokey and fake. Maybe next season they'll invest in some green screen technology. Even Camp David looked lame. Hey House of Cards people, did you realize that the Indian leader was the woman Frank Underwood screwed over? Elizabeth's still sporting the 3/4 sleeve jacket with the long sleeve blouse. It still looks stupid to me but let's see what Sheryl Sandberg's wearing in her next few trips abroad. Also noticing a lot of those blouses have the attached scarf thing too. Those work for me. Love how Elizabeth called Matt out for his speech writing crap. Always changes things up when there is a hungry competitor waiting in the wings right? Now he's gotten his speech writing mojo back but officially lost Daisy to Winn. The fiance we've never seen. I had a hard time believing that the Secretary's daughter and the Indian kid could just go out for a walk without telling anyone. I would think security and both of their Mom's wouldn't allow it. Still really loving this show and so glad Henry's not a cheater. 

The Good Wife
For a second, I didn't even recognize David Hyde Pierce. Different voice, the beard and a VERY different character. Good for him. I gotta say, I'm not loving Alicia running for States Attorney at all. She's trying really hard to do the right thing and yet we see that it's going to get more and more difficult to run a clean campaign, especially when Eli's involved. I really feel like I've missed something. Did she tell Cary and Diane that she's running for States Attorney? Where was I? Cary better beat this thing and not end up in jail, but I'm getting nervous. 
THE OTHER STUFF 
-Finally caught up on the Jimmy's over the weekend. We knew that Jimmy Fallon did great impressions, but check out Kevin Spacey. Not just the voices, but the mannerisms too. Incredible.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kWHMH2kxXs

-Pleassssse, someone, PLEASE take me up on it. I called it from DAY 1…Utopia…I told you guys!!! And now…it's gone. I may not be able to help my kid with his Algebra homework but I know TV and this was a good concept with the wrong strategy. FOX people…READ MY BLOG…I'm not even charging for this stuff.  Common sense prevails!

-A to Z and Bad Judge BOTH cancelled. The 13 eps will run but then, done. Bummer, I love both of the lead actresses, they just chose poorly. 

Monday's Trivia Question: Christin Milioti and Kate Walsh just lost their jobs when A to Z and Bad Judge got cancelled. Name the shows they were previously in.


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment