Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Just some Homeland Last Night for Me



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:  Kate Walsh starred in Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy prior to Bad Judge. Christina Milioti starred in the final season of How I Met Your Mother prior to starring in A to Z.
FIRST FIVE: Elke Raskob, Alex Nagler, Bobby Aguilera, Priscilla Paez & Phyllis DiCesare
HONORABLE MENTION:  Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
NBA-ESPN 1.7/3.8
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.1/3.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .6/1.3
Big Bang Theory-TBS .6/1.8
WWE-Syfy .6/2.2

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 6.1/17.0
Football Night in America-NBC 4.5/12.7
60 Minutes-CBS 3.3/17.2
Once Upon a Time-ABC 2.5/7.3
The Simpsons-FOX 2.0/4.2

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 384,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 52,000 Tweets
Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons-E! 34,000 Tweets
Talking Dead-AMC 33,000 Tweets
Homeland-Showtime-6,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS
Homeland
Not to be rude or anything but weren't Ayan's nipples huge? I don't know why the director had his shirt off so much in Sunday's episode. Not enjoyable guys! I think Carrie's crazy is starting to come back. Not sure if the med mix needs to be adjusted or what but she seemed to be getting into Ayan didn't she? I know she's trained to seduce etc. but I think she crossed her own line a bit. Doesn't really matter though now does it? He went to meet his Uncle Farad with hopes of some security, maybe a nice dinner and a warm bed to sleep in. Didn't go that way at all though. Uncle Farad knew EXACTLY where the spy cams were. He looked right at um, made Saul do the same and didn't blink when he shot his nephew right in the head. Nice uncle. I had a bit of an issue with that scene though. I would think that if the boss says to "take the shot" you take it. A bit unrealistic that the soldier didn't pull the trigger when Carrie told him to. I mean, I love Peter, but he was losin it a few episodes ago and now he's overriding the station chiefs orders? I don't think so. Note to the Madam Secretary people...Homeland knows how to make the Middle East look pretty real. When you get that 2nd Season budget, I'd give them a call for some tips. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-The Halloween tradition continues on Jimmy Kimmel Live. If you've never seen these, then you owe it to yourself to go to YouTube and watch them all.  The 2014 edition of "Hey Jimmy Kimmel I Told My Kids I Ate Their Halloween Candy" is here and just as good as ever. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NDkVx9AzSY&list=PLs4hTtftqnlDhtuDiar5Q0G8rtRlbX3BW. Side note, on last nights Jimmy FALLON, Jimmy read little kid letters that were sent in. Hmmmmm is that the sign of a little late night war room strategy?  Round 1 goes to Kimmel.

-Sons of Anarchy fans, set your DVR's for Anarchy Afterward tonight. The after show is BACK! I love my SOA, but the show keeps me up extra late with these long extended episodes. No way can I stay up for the After Show too, so I'll be watching the After Show...wayyyyyy after.

-I totally forgot all about Nik Wallenda's big Skyscraper walk on Sunday. I can' believe I forgot about it. I feel like I not only let you guys down, but I let myself down, too. 6.7 million people watched Nik do his thing and I wasn't one of them.  Any of you guys watch?  How was it? 

-Congrats to Nancy Dubuc who will be succeeding A&E Networks chairman, Abbe Raven, who is retiring after 33 years with the company.  Maybe Abbe and Anne Sweeney can get together for drinks, chat, start a company or two?

-I already have doosh chills thinking about Jay Leno making a guest appearance Friday night on The Tonight Show. Jimmy is going to tell him how awesome he is and thank him again and again, and Jay's going to just bore us all and talk about his new garage show. Ugh.

-Anyone interested in checking out the new Starz show, The Missing, it's already available on their Watch App. The Missing is a limited series and Starz will be releasing each episode on the App early. I won't be watching this one. It's a murder mystery thing and you guys know that in general, I'm not a murder mystery person.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: I was thinking how there are 2 Jimmy's in Late Night, right now, and tried to come up with more famous Jimmy's. A bit of a challenge that I figured I'd pass on to you guys. Soooooo 1 point for as many TV Jimmy's as you can think of, but the two Jimmy's in Late Night don't count. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment