Friday, December 5, 2014

Peter Pan Live, Comedians in Cars and Survivor...all over the place on Thursday.






THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:Kristen Johnston played Sally Solomon on 3rd Rock from the Sun.
FIRST FIVES:Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Priscilla Paez, Cheryl Lasak & Bob Kaplan
HONORABLE MENTION: Francesca Sullivan 
Bonus Goldberg Question #1-George Michael's song was called Faith
Bonus Goldberg Question #2-Andrew Ridgely was George Michael's partner in Wham!
Bonus Question #3-Jan Brady's fake boyfriend was George Glass! 

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 2.8/9.0
Survivor-CBS 2.1/8.7
Black-ish-ABC 2.1/6.8
Christmas in Rockefeller Center-NBC 1.9/9.5
Saturday Night Live Christmas-NBC 1.9/6.1

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Horror Story-FX 1.6/3.3
South Park-Comedy Central 1.2/2.1
College Basketball-ESPN 1.0/2.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.1
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.3

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
American Horror Story-FX 129,000 Tweets
Christmas in Rockefeller Center-NBC 87,000 Tweets
Arrow-CW 64,000 Tweets
South Park-Comedy Central 44,000 Tweets
Mob Wives-VH1 40,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 
Peter Pan Live
I was all over the place while watching Peter Pan Live. I liked it, I didn't. I liked it, I didn't. I got bored, I dozed off, but Christopher Walken was mesmerizing. Watching him dance with those eyebrows and the belt over his belly... there just aren't words. It was obvious that he was reading cue cards at some points, but I didn't care. The guy's 71 years old dancing around with a hook for a hand, changing accents all over the place, hanging out in what looked like a Lazy Boy recliner and had a bizarre encore. Did you catch that? We came back from commercial and he was still holding a fake note I think. No idea what happened there but that's what makes the live element so interesting.  Allison Williams was surprisingly impressive. Her accent was impeccable.  If you watch Girls, you know she can sing but she was really much better than I expected. What about Nana the dog? Good training, huh? She almost stole the show away from Christopher Walken. Wendy had crazy eyes and the boys weren't great, but the flying and Tinkerbell were both pretty cool. I liked the #savetinkerbell thing. I didn't watch the "Making of " show, but the sets were so huge and gorgeous and seemed to go on forever that now I regret not watching it. Net/net, I didn't LOVE PPL. I think I'm just not a big Peter Pan person in general. Loved The Sound of Music though, who doesn't love Maria and the Captain? 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
Whewwww, Jerry's back on track. This week, Jerry was in Portland, OR with the perfect quirky Saab for the super quirky Fred Armisen. I love Fred in everything EXCEPT Portlandia. I'm probably one of the only people that DOESN'T get that show. Jerry seemed like he really loved Fred, the car, Portland and the coffee. Portland hipsters seem to take a VERRRY long time to do just about everything. Jerry inserted a Hipster Service timer that was extremely enjoyable. 7 minutes for a cup of coffee and 14 minutes for a sandwich. Can you imagine what would happen if the hipsters came to NYC? They'd be in awe. Jerry's description of Italy was brilliant and I loved that both Jerry and Fred had to pee during the show but still used the time wisely.  This episode was the POLAR opposite of last weeks episode. Muy enjoyable. http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/fred-armisen-i-wasnt-told-about-this-with-special-feature-i-m-dying-jerry

Survivor
Sorry for the delayed Survivor recap, it's been a rough week. Finally got to watch it at 2am last night. Had no idea it was a two-hour job. I guess this season they didn't let the women bring any razors? What's with all the armpit hair? I was fine with Reed leaving and I loved how Natalie's stepping up to the plate now and trying to make some big moves. I don't get why she didn't just vote Jaqueline out to hit John but she still shocked the hell out of him by voting out Alec and keeping Keith. Still shows she has some b@lls. What was up with Jeff stopping the reward challenge and just giving it to Missy? Never seen him do that before. Also...first blood vs. water fight. John and Jaqueline had it out right in front of the rest of the tribe. What are the chances the two of them stay together? I don't mean to be gross but there are times that it looks like Jaqueline had a tiny man part in her bathing suit. Did you catch that? It was 2 am, I could have been delusional but I could swear that's what I was seeing. We also know that the tribe must  never actually get close to any of those critters the photographer likes to show us otherwise Natalie would have welcomed that rat into tribal council instead of freaking out the way she did. Looks like Missy gets hurt next week which totally shakes the game up big time! 

THE OTHER STUFF

-If Jimmy Fallon and I WERE actually BFF's I know one of his best traits would be his ability to keep a secret. I was annoyed when Wednesday nights show was a rerun but now I know why...HE HAD ANOTHER BABY!!! I don't love the name Frances for his new daughter, but I'll probably never get the chance to hang out and call her Baby Frannie anyway. Congrats to Jimmy, Nancy and big sister Winnie. 

-The Writers Guild of America revealed their nominations yesterday. 
Best Drama: Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, House of Cards, Mad Men & True Detective
Best Comedy: Louis, Orange is the New Black, Silicon Valley, Transparent & Veep
We need a hybrid category because I would NEVER describe Orange is the New Black or Transparent as a comedy. EVER! 

-I don't have Dish Network, but pretty sure that the CBS/Dish deal hasn't been reached and the deadline was last night. From what I'm reading, they are still on the air but I'm guessing that could change at any minute. Hope for any Dish football fans that an agreement is reached before Sunday or you'll have visit a friend or your local sports bar. 

-I watch a lot of the Real Housewives shows but never got in to Atlanta. I know, I know Atlanta's the best one. Just never got into it but for all of you guys that love Nene and have been watching since the beginning, set your DVR for Watch What Happens Live on Sunday for a special with Nene and Kim Zolciak a reunion you probably thougth would never happen. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Peter Pan has always been played by women. Name any of the other famous female Peter Pans! 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment