Monday, December 1, 2014

What are the Chances that Venezuela was an Intregal part of both Madam Secretary and Newsroom Last Night?

Monica Caraffa regains her title and is November's WWTM Trivia Winner.
Everything has been reset and December is a new month. Remember all correct answers count towards the Monthly Prize! It's never too late!  Congrats Monica! 


THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Brad Pitt played Will Colbert on the Friends Thanksgiving episode. He and Ross formed the "I Hate Rachel Green " club and started a rumor that Rachel was born a hermaphrodite

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Scott Harris, Chuck Chiocco, Monica Caraffa and Karen Feldman
HONORABLE MENTION: None


THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NFLFootball-NBC 5.8/17.7
Football Night in America-NBC 4.8/15.0
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.7/8.0
FOX's Cause for Paws-FOX 1.6/5.3
Mom-CBS 1.6/7.1

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NA

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Fox's Cause for Paws- FOX 19,000 Tweets
Comedy Central's All-Star Non-Denominational Christmas Special-CC 8,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 8,000 Tweets
Thank You, America! With Robin Roberts-ABC 4,000 Tweets
A Very Bonnaroo Thanksgiving-VH1 3,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Dateline-NBC 1.3/6.9
20/20-ABC 1.2/5.2
Grimm-NBC 1.2/5.0
Shark Tank-ABC 1.1/5.6
Frosty the Snowman-CBS 1.1/4.6

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
WWE Friday Night Smackdown-Syfy 40,000 Tweets
Constantine-NBC 19,000 Tweets
The Amazing Race-CBS 4,000 Tweets
Foo Fighters: Sonic Highways-HBO 2,000 Tweets
20/20-ABC 1,000 Tweets

-The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade delivered it's 2nd best ratings ever (In first place was 2001's parade). Over 22.6 million viewers checked out the parade resulting in a 6.2 RA18-49.  I bet that's because my family and I were in it. JUST KIDDING!!!

-Also on Thanksgiving Day, The National Dog Show that ran immediately following the parade was seen by 10.3 million viewers and delivered a 2.6 RA18-49. The Carruba's and their dog were NOT in that one hence the drop off in viewership.. 

THE SHOWS

Madam Secretary
No Homeland last night, but still lots of political programming for me to have to pay full attention to. Pretty sure the entire sleeve situation is over. The Secretary wore only traditional long sleeves the entire episode. That's 2 weeks in a row. Maybe the stylist reads the blog? Interestingly enough, Venezuela was mentioned in both of my Sunday night shows. On Madam Secretary, Elizabeth and Nadine needed an excuse to go to Venezuela as the dead Secretary had a bank account there and Nadine's finger and eyeball were the only way to access it. Of course all that time and taxpayer dollars and the account was empty. Cleaned out the day AFTER the Secretary died. Things between the US and  Venezuela weren't great so Elizabeth brought Venezuelan born baseball superstar Manny Azucco to ease the tension. Everyone loves a celebrity, even in Venezuela. Unfortunately this celeb chose this trip to come out of the closet. Not helpful, Manny. Is Russell Jackson the new guy we all love to hate? He is evil, isn't he? He's not Cyrus Beane beloved evil, he's just bad to the core. Daisy and Matt are sort of back to being together now that Daisy broke up with her much cuter boyfriend. I hate to say this, but Daisy and Matt are the ugliest couple I can remember seeing on TV, ever. Daisy looks like she's always falling asleep and Matt is just plain odd looking. I wish I knew what Christina Hendricks sees in her guy. He seems annoying on all counts. 

The Newsroom
Neil has been in Venezuela hiding from the feds on Newsroom for the past few weeks. He isn't with the Madam Secretary gang, we don't actually know where he is, only that he's safe. Will and Neil both won't give up the source who gave them 27,000 classified documents about some war going on in Kundu. Neil is on the run and Will thought he was too big a star to go to jail. WRONG! He was sent there but before he went, the team put together a super quickie wedding. He and Mack were going to do it anyway but this way, she couldn't testify against him as she admitted that she also knows the source's identity. After allllll the insanity to get the story on air,  ACN couldn't run it at all or BJ Novak wouldn't buy the network and save everyone's jobs. So all the info and documents were sent to some woman anonymously at AP. BJ Novak and Charlie will never get along but we'll never see them not getting along because the show ends in a week or two. Maggie's still obsessed with Jim even though her new dude is pretty cool and Jim hates Hallie's new gig at Carnivore and couldn't just suck it up and be that super cool supportive boyfriend, so they broke up. Maybe now Maggie and Jim can get back together before the final credits roll. Did you guys notice that Jim and Mack had the worst hair ever last night? Mack's was okay, but Jim's was horrific. I don't get it. New hair and makeup person? No hair or makeup person?  What's the deal there? The best couple on the show is Don and Sloane. The HR guy who, I finally figured out was from 30 Rock, was just busting their b*lls for being a couple until Don realized that once the company was sold, it wouldn't matter if they were. That was a bit of humor in the midst of a pretty intense show. I'm not a 1st Amendment expert in real life, but on TV, the reporters never give up their sources...ever. At least not in the shows I watchrom the feds on Newsroom for the past few weeks. He isn't with the Madam Secretary gang, we don't actually know where he is, only that he's safe. Will and Neil both won't give up the source who gave them 27,000 classified documents about some war going on in Kundu. Neil is on the run and Will thought he was too big a star to go to jail. WRONG! He was sent there but before he went, the team put together a super quickie wedding. He and Mack were going to do it anyway but this way, she couldn't testify against him as she admitted that she also knows the source's identity. After allllll the insanity to get the story on air,  ACN couldn't run it at all or BJ Novak wouldn't buy the network and save everyone's jobs. So all the info and documents were sent to some woman anonymously at AP. BJ Novak and Charlie will never get along but we'll never see them not getting along because the show ends in a week or two. Maggie's still obsessed with Jim even though her new dude is pretty cool and Jim hates Hallie's new gig at Carnivore and couldn't just suck it up and be that super cool supportive boyfriend, so they broke up. Maybe now Maggie and Jim can get back together before the final credits roll. Did you guys notice that Jim and Mack had the worst hair ever last night? Mack's was okay, but Jim's was horrific. I don't get it. New hair and makeup person? No hair or makeup person?  What's the deal there? The best couple on the show is Don and Sloane. The HR guy who, I finally figured out was from 30 Rock, was just busting their b*lls for being a couple until Don realized that once the company was sold, it wouldn't matter if they were. That was a bit of humor in the midst of a pretty intense show. I'm not a 1st Amendment expert in real life, but on TV, the reporters never give up their sources...ever. At least not in the shows I watch. No idea how long Will stays in the slammer, hoping he gets out for the finale. 


The Sisterhood
I saw the promo for The Sisterhood during True Tori and knew I couldn't NOT watch it. I'm not religious at all. Churches and priests and nuns all freak me out big time. The Sisterhood follows 5 young women on their journey to possibly becoming nuns. I SO don't get the concept AT ALL. It's just something so crazy and foreign to me that I just HAD to watch it. As I expected, it freaked me out but I gave it a Season Pass.  Out of the 5 women that entered the convent, my bet is that only one of them actually stays. They didn't love the idea of no makeup or jewelry and they had to turn in their cellphones. Pretty sure God and the nuns compromised a bit on the makeup part because of the cameras though because I believe they were all wearing eye makeup and lipstick in church. Like I said, I'm betting only on Claire to actually become a nun. At 9 Claire told her family that she believed she was meant to marry God. She had no issue with the outfit, the makeup thing and has taken silent retreats  before. She's lived a celibate life for 5 years. Pretty sure she's the only one who'll stick it out. The rest…no way. 

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
I had never heard of Miranda Sings before. Never. I was completely in uncharted territory watching this weeks episode of CiCGC. I wasn't sure what she was all about, Jerry seemed really annoyed by her and so was I. I stopped in the middle of the show to look for her YouTube videos and there are a ton of them. I watched a few but didn't find any of them funny at all. I wonder how Jerry decided to include Miranda in his show. I was so confused during the entire show, but I stuck with it. I wasn't sure if Miranda was a real person or a character or what.  I don't know what to do here, tell you the deal or let you watch. With it being the holiday season, time is very precious.  I would say, don't even bother watching the Miranda CiCGC unless you are done shopping, partying, sleeping, eating and working out. If  you've done all of those things and you have some time, I'd still say don't bother. Miranda is a character. The real person seems WAY more interesting than the character she plays but we barely get to meet her.  Kudos to her or to her agent for getting this type of exposure. Either way, I'm not interested in Miranda Sings at all. 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-Sad news for me and one of my son's bff's as we were the only two people watching The Red Band Society. Wish we both had People Meters. FOX is pulling the show after this Wednesday's episode. They haven't opted for the back 9 eps and they aren't even sure when or if the final 3 recorded shows will air. Please finish it all on the Watch app FOX…at least give me that. I knew this would be a tough one to get people to watch. Nobody likes sick kids. 

-You guys know I love rotating guest hosts as a talk show option or strategy, and from January 5th to March 6th I'll actually start DVR'ing the Late Late Show on CBS to see who's guest hosting until James Corden takes over for Craig Ferguson.  I've heard Drew Carey, Judd apatow, Will Arnett, Wayne Brady, Jim Gaffigan, Sean Hayes, John Mayer and the ladies of The Talk will air some after-dark editions of their show in the time period for a week. I think that SHOULD be the show. Forget Corden, just rotate hosts forever.  

-It's not TV but I know quite a few of you that are actually LISTENING to the Podcast, "Serial" good news good listeners…a 2nd season is coming your way. 

-Hey fellow Survivor fans, check out these "Jeffisms" someone over at CBS is reading the blog! Didn't I just say this? http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/3EB848EB-D158-5C3E-9026-D51CE86145B9/survivor-jeffisms-remix-/

Monday's Trivia Question:  What special show did Michael Jackson debut The Moonwalk on? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment