Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Carruba's are OBSESSED with White Collar!




THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Michael Jackson debuted the Moonwalk on the Motown 25th Anniversary Special 
FIRST FIVE: Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Chuck Chiocco, Karen Feldman & Monica Caraffa
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 6.3/31.1
Football Night in America-NBC 5.3/15.3
60 Minutes-CBS 3.7/17.1
Once Upon a Time-ABC 2.0/6.3
Madam Secretary-CBS 1.9/12.9

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 773,000 Tweets
2014 Soul Train Awards-BET 527,000 Tweet
Talking Dead-AMC 66,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 49,000 Tweets
Kourtney & Khloe Take the Hamptons-E! 9,000 Tweets 

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 11/17/14-11/21/14
Fallon-1.0/3.6
Kimmel-.7/2.9
Letterman-.5/2.7
Daily Show-.5/1.3
Colbert Report-.5/1.1
Nightline-.4/1.8
Seth Meyers-.5/1.6
Craig Ferguson-.3/1.4
Carson Daly-.3/.9
Conan-.3/.8

Have you noticed that Jimmy Kimmel is slowly creeping up in the ratings and Jimmy Fallon has sort of leveled off? Let's see what happens when Letterman leaves and Stephen Colbert enters the arena. I'm predicting there is more of a benefit to Kimmel than Fallon. 

THE SHOWS
I had the commute from hell last night. 2 hours! I wanted to cry. By the time I walked in my house, unloaded my groceries, read the mail, checked in with my family, checked the homework and got into my sweats, there was only time for a bowl of cereal and one episode of White Collar. Have we discussed that my family is OBSESSED with White Collar? If you know this blog and have read my rules, I rarely allow police dramas into my repertoire. There are too many of them and they tend to be the same old, same old. Sure I've made some exceptions, but for the most part I stick to it. Matt Bomer suckered me in to White Collar and I suckered my family in and now, we are are obsessed. Yes, technically it's sort of the same thing every episode BUT there's zero killing, Matt Bomer is super hot, I love every character, there are 2 women from 2 of my favorite high school dramas of all time...90210 and One Tree Hill.  I love the relationships and there are secrets and twists along the way. Of course there is a lot of ridiculousness. I have no idea how Neil Caffrey has all those clothes and never hits a dry cleaner or does laundry of any kind. Also, he never gets paid and seems to live pretty well. Peter tells his wife way too much FBI secret stuff, pretty sure they've NEVER killed anyone and of course Neil Caffrey can do everything! He can paint replicas of every famous painting ever from Rembrandt to Banksy. He can pick any lock, crack any safe, base jump, zip line, decipher code, knows every historical reference, every current criminal, every good bottle of wine and can make a perfect paella. He has the bluest eyes, the most perfect body, and looks good in every pair of glasses, every hat, every jacket and every color except beige. He's the metro sexual Jack Bauer without a gun. Can you tell I'm obsessed? We are on Season 4 episode 9. We'll be caught up by Christmas. Then what? I don't want to even think about it.
THE OTHER STUFF

-Last night on Fallon, the only sort of funny segment was when Jimmy and Martin Short played Pictionary with Jerry Seinfeld and that Miranda Sings chick. Actually it wasn't even funny. This Jerry/Miranda thing is pissing me off. Is she related to one of Jerry's relatives or maybe to Jessica's? I just don't get it. Of all the comedians that could use Jerry's help, how in the world could he pick her? Makes know sense at all unless the wife is forcing him or something. Anyway, Jimmy Kimmel and one of my best friends favorite bands, The Killers, created this new Christmas tune. I guarantee it'll be stuck in your head all day. The clip is long (9 minutes and change) but it's worth it. Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZ3Ezl5-Lk

-If you read this blog and haven't watched House of Cards on Netflix yet, you need to watch BOTH seasons now so that you are ready to rock for the season premiere on 2/27. Get on it, just do it, so we can discuss the show in depth at some point. I'm planning on bingeing the entire 3rd Season in one weekend and it sucks when none of you guys can discuss it. That's the only issue with bingeing. 

-I'm not sure why it keeps getting REannounced but it is now 100% confirmed that Kathy Griffin DEFINITELY, positively without a doubt will take Joan's seat on Fashion Police. I swear it's true…I think. No, really, it is. FOR SURE this time!

-I give credit where credit is due, so NBC, kudos to NOT prolonging the final season of Parks & Rec. Kudos to NOT drawwwwwing it out until May Sweeps. I like the idea of 2 back to back episodes each week for 7 weeks instead. The beginning of the end starts on Tuesday January 13th and will end on February 24th. Another great sitcom that is bingeworthy.

-Better Call Saul premieres on February 8th and I cannnnot wait. It's my pick of the year and even though I've seen nothing other than this trailer, I just KNOW it's gonna be great. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds4FZmVG908


Tuesday's Trivia Question: In Parks and Rec there are 2 towns. The town where Leslie and the crew live and work and their wealthy neighboring town. Name both towns.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment