Monday, January 19, 2015

Downton Abbey, Episodes and Hindsight. It's all I could manage after that FREAKING PATRIOTS game!




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: The Soprano's was the first HBO drama to win the Golden Globe for Best Drama

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Heather Doyle, Bobby Aguilera, Lillian Doremus & Larry Price
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
American Idol-FOX 2.6/10.3
Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.5/12.0
Mom-CBS 2.4/10.8
Two and a Half Men-CBS 2.1/10.8
The McCarthy's-CBS 1.5/6.9

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NA

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
The Critics Choice Movie Awards-A&E 90,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 65,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 77,000 Tweets
World Dog Awards-CW 12,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 9,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 1/5/15-1/9/15
Fallon-.9/3.7
Kimmel-.6/2.5
Daily Show-.5/1.2
Letterman-.4/2.7
Seth Meyers-.4/1.4
Nightline-3/1.5
Conan-.3/.8
Craig Ferguson-.2/1.3
Carson Daly-.2/.7
THE SHOWS 

I watched both Playoff games yesterday so I only had time for Downton and Episodes. After that Patriots win, my head wasn't in the mood for the girls of GIRLS. I just couldn't do it. I'll watch tonight and get back to you. 

Downton Abbey
Mary and Tony diddddd it! Mary and Tony didddddd it!  They went all the way to Liverpool to do it and not get caught and guess who caught them? Sprat, The Dowager Countess's butler and of course he told his employer the second he got back to work. Granny played it cool and acted like she knew all about it. She even came up with a cockamamie story about Lady Mary being in Liverpool for a land owners conference. Damn Granny is good, but Mary's better. She's actually just NOT THAT IN TO TONY GILLINGHAM and she's not going to marry him. Not yet any way. Guess he didn't have the goods. It's going to be tough for her to find anyone who compares to Matthew. Mrs. Patmore's still losing a ton of weight which nobody seems to notice. Patmore's nephew was a crappy soldier but she still wanted Mrs. Hughes to use her "relationship" with Mr. Carson to get his name on the war memorial. NFW, he just cannot have a coward's name on it and that's that. The cops questioned Mr. Carson and Mr. Bates about Green's death but so far he's in the clear and quite calm. Anna on the other hand is going to have a stroke. Between her husband being investigated for murder and her having to hide Lady Mary's birth control, she's in need of a Xanax. Cora went to London to hang out with Mr. Bricker and check out some Della Francesca's. Robert went to surprise her and get a little but got a little pissed off instead when Cora came in so late from her "date" with Bricker. Since Robert gave her the benefit of the doubt, she gave Baxter the same courtesy and kept her on. Seems that the Dowager Countess has a bit of an admirer these days too. Some guy she met in Russia, years ago. Prince Coragen or something. You go girl! Lady Edith's love for her daughter is making Tim's wife a wreck. She's stupid enough to just think that Lady Edith's a creepy stalker and hasn't caught on yet that Marigold is Edith's kid. Even Edith's Mom's starting to figure it out. Cora's no dummy.  Also, maybe I'm late to the party, but did we know that Cora's dad was Jewish? If I did know I totally forgot. Every time a car pulls up to Downton, the servants are all waiting. How long are they out there for? How do they know when to start waiting? There really weren't phones being used that often. I don't know, just something I was wondering about. I can't remember who said it last night, but the phrase "Sympathy butters no parsnips" is still in my brain and I can't get it out.
Episodes 
It finally happened. I knew those treadmill desks were dangerous! I just knew Ilene was going to get hurt one of these days on that thing. I'm sure it doesn't help that she's wearing designer pumps while walking on it. Hilarious of her to wear a giant bandage while meeting with Sean, Bev and all the idiotic network execs. A bit too predictable that Sean and Bev and Helen Bash would end up together. How else would Carol have stuck around? Matt's still having money issues and needs to cut back. So instead of selling the plane, the vineyard or any of the cars. He fired the beach sweeper. Celebrity priorities. I think the funniest thing was Myra being VERY pregnant and nobody mentioning it. So Hollywood.

Hindsight
I SO love Hindsight. I love being reminded of so many songs that I loved from the 90's like "Shine" "Walk on the Ocean" and You Say only hear what I want to" "Da Da Da"and am extra grateful for VH1 helping me remember  who sings them so that I can immediately add them to my Spotify playlist. I was (and still am) a HUGE Soul Asylum fan and appreciated their inclusion in last weeks episode too. Other 90's shout outs: My So Called Life, the motorcycle jacket that every single one of my crushes wore, Back to the Future, video stores and the tape rewinding machine, The Clapper, the You've Got Mail AOL sound, the Sony Walkman & pay phones. I'm noticing a trend in this show already…Becca seems to always be in a bra for some reason. I have no issue with it, I'm sure it will help attract male viewers and if I had a body like Becca's I guess I'd always be in just a bra too. I'm wondering why Becca doesn't use her knowledge to go buy a million shares of Apple stock and just sit back and wait for the cash to roll in. She seems to really miss her iphone. She talks about it non-stop. Pretty funny scene where she tried to explain to Lolly how in the future you can watch anything you want on your phone. Other than that, Rebecca quit her job, and just as she was about to leave on what would have been her honeymoon with Sean, Andy showed up to kiss her. Fate stepped in. Loving this show.


THE OTHER STUFF 

-I am totally psyched with the casting decisions for Grease Live, just bummed I have to wait a year now to see the finished product. Julianne Hough as Sandy…PERFECT. Vanessa Hudgens as Rizzo, I'm good. One BIG question…who is going to be Danny? Of course, I'd love some Zac Efron, but I'm open. Ideas anyone?

-FOX has a hit on their hands with Empire so OF course they renewed it for a 2nd season after just 2 episodes. The show's doing Voice 1st Season numbers so it makes complete sense to lock it in now. While they were in the renewal mood, Gotham and Brooklyn Nine-Nine got additional seasons too.

-Bob Iger got a nice juicy 35% raise. Most of it is bonus's but who cares how or where it comes from, the dude made $46.5 million in 2014. I wonder what someone treats themselves to when they get that kind of bonus. What do they do to celebrate? I'm sure they pay off their credit cards, go get all that stuff at Walmart they had on lay-a-way, a Porterhouse for 2 for 1 and…then what?  Oh, I know, I know...he goes to Disneyland!!!

-Gotta admit, I'm a tiny bit confused with the new LAFF Comedy Network (and the GRIT Network while I'm at it). Scripps is launching the first all comedy broadcast network on Scripps and ABC owned affiliates on 4/15/15. So does that mean that it takes the place of the current programming? Is it their digital sister stations? Where EXACTLY is the LAFF (and GRIT) programming running? Help a girl out on this one if you know the answer. I'm not getting it from what I'm reading.

Monday's Trivia Question: I have no idea how many of you guys are working today. I am unfortunately, but in honor of Martin Luther King. Name the Martin that most recently starred in the Primetime sitcom Dads but also in Arrested Development, Two and a Half Men, and of course...Roseanne. 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment