Friday, January 16, 2015

World Dog Awards & PARENTHOOD






THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Rick(y) Schroeder was the youngest person to win the Best Actor Golden Globe for his heart wrenching performance in The Champ.
FIRST FIVES: Dave DeSocio, Peter Insley, Kathy Connelly, Karen Feldman& Lillian Doremus
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter
Bonus Goldbergs Question #1: Song was "Heaven" by Warrant
Bonus Goldbergs Question #2: Evy was played by Allie Grant from Suburgatory and Weeds 


THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Empire-FOX 4.0/10.2
Modern Family-ABC 3.0/9.3
American Idol-FOX 2.9/10.6
Goldbergs-ABC 2.3/7.1
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.2/10.1

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
NA

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Empire-FOX 260,000 Tweets
American Horror Story-FX 70,000 Tweets
Workaholics- Comedy Central 38,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 39,000 Tweets
Nancy Grace-Headline News  26,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS 


World Dog Awards
I love dogs. LOVE. I have 2 of my own and if I could have more, I would. I had to tune in to the first ever World Dog Awards and honestly, I loved it. It was adorable and fun and a tiny bit cheesy. George Lopez hosted and was prepared with tons of dog jokes. There were dogs on skateboards, singing dogs, DJ'ing dogs, talking dogs, dogs that dance, service dogs, handicapped dogs, ugly dogs, gorgeous dogs, Giggy, Lassie, Justin Silver, Ian Somerhalder and a ton of real life dog stories that made you laugh and cry. There were handicapped dogs, and believe it or not there were real awards given out. Winners received a Golden Hydrant statue. It was VERY enjoyable, very clever, and if you're a dog lover, you missed a good time. 

Parenthood
I know this will shock you, but I didn't shed an actual tear last night. My eyes did well up a few times, it is Parenthood for god sakes. Tears are table stakes. Joel and Julia chatting on the phone and then skating together awwww. The kids saw them kiss! That makes it official. Adam and Zeke, Drew and Zeke, Crosby and Adam, Amber and her Mom, Sarah and Hank, Adam having tea with Nora. Little moments. This show in a nutshell. Two shockers. 1) Adam sticking with The Luncheonette and 2) Sarah saying yes to Hank's wedding proposal. I honestly didn't think she would (or should) say yes to marrying him but with Amber needing help building a crib and probably a million other things, I guess I could sort of see it. I didn't love Jasmine in this episode and I think in general I don't love Jasmine. I love Adam but I don't think he's going to be happy staying at The Luncheonette, but this is what Adam does. He puts everyone else before himself. I did love when Zeke and Camille went back to the old house to get the baseball Zeke hid in the barn. The house looked different, new paint, a different camera angle and a new family making new memories. I loved that Zeke left the ball  so that his memories and their memories would one day collide. That Zeke is a special guy. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-I chose the dogs over the critics but I'll watch the show at some point this weekend. Here are the Critics Choice Award winners from last night:
Best Picture: Boyhood
Best Director: Richard Linklater
Best Young Actor: Ellar Coltrane (Boyhood)
Best Supporting Actor: J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)
Best Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
Best Actress: Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
Best Actor: Michael Keaton (Birdman)
Best Ensemble: Birdman
MVP Award: Jessica Chastain
Lifetime Achievement Award: Kevin Costner
Genius Award: Ron Howard

- OF COURSE there will be a Sharknado 3! We need Sharknado Outer Space or Sharknado Paris. Ian and Tara will be back in July with the third installment of this franchise. Can't wait! 


-More networks are jumping on HBO's bandwagon of only reporting live +3 ratings and not live +same day. NBC Universal Cable announced the switch yesterday. Again, none of these numbers matter to me as an advertiser so report whatever you think makes you sleep at night. I'm not buying off of it.


-Season 1 of The Royals on E! hasn't even premiered yet and has already been renewed for a 2nd season. I'm looking forward to this one. I've heard it's great and the trailers look good too. Also renewed for a 2nd season, House of DVF. Of course I now know that DVF is Diane Von Furstenberg but when I first kept seeing it in print I thought it was IVF and was about a fertility clinic. 

-Not to be outdone by E! Bravo also announced a bunch of renewals. Real Housewives of Orange County, Married to Medicine & Flipping Out. Yeah for me, more Jeff Lewis more Jenny and most importantly more Zoila. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Which HBO show was the first cable drama to win a Best Drama Golden Globe?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment