Thursday, January 8, 2015

Goldbergs, Modern Family, Black-ish & Empire...Yep! I Gave Up an Award Show...Bad Move!





THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Jerry, George, Elaine and Kramer, aka, the gang from Seinfeld always ate at the diner.
FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Stacey Kurtz, Mike O'Dea, Mitch Klein & Heather Doyle
HONORABLE MENTION: Ed Ziskind was the first person to name names and not just say "Seinfeld" or "Jerry and the gang" etc. 
Nothing like a Seinfeld question to get a ton of responses!

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 2.8/19.4
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 2.5/17.3
Agent Carter-ABC 1.9/6.8
Master Chef Junior-FOX 1.8/5.2
Person of Interest-CBS 1.7/9.9

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Delays! OY VEY! One little holiday and the whole week gets screwed up!

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 380,000 Tweets
Agent Carter-ABC 104,000 Tweets
Haves and the Have Nots-OWN 62,000 Tweets
Bad Girls-Oxygen 51,000 Tweets
Dance Moms-Lifetime 35,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS 
The Goldbergs
I know a few of you have issues with The Goldbergs and are annoyed by the timing and the historically inaccurateness. You guys are definitely a vocal bunch. I get it, I mean there were no public storage units in the 80's. So when Bev had to clean out all the crap in her garage, she really only had a few options. Throw it away or put it in someone else's basement or attic. Gabe, his clipboard, and his storage unit were 10 years too soon you want to get technical, BUT...get over it. The rest of the episode, for me, was sheer bliss. Why? Because there is nothing I like more than a boy band. (Well maybe the Butter Cake at Mastros and some other things but you get the point). I was more of a Backstreet Boys lunatic,  but NKOTB were right up there. So last nights episode was awesome. I don't know which video I loved more: Erica's with the hair and the braces and the tears or TV Adam and Barry's,  or the real Adam and Barry's all of them were hilarious and awkward and pretty real to me. Good thing Adam and his Mom are both hoarders otherwise, I'm sure this show would have never been greenlit. So forget the storage units, the ridiculously fake garbage dump and some of the other inaccuracies and take it for what it is. FUN. (Oh and if anyone wants the greatest idea for saving all you kids crap, let me know. I believe I've solved this one and it won't cost a penny!)

Modern Family
There were some good moments in last nights episode of Modern Family. Mitchell roller skating in a suit, Phil's wet wife beater, Rob Riggle, the alpaca, and Alex's makeover but they all get washed away whenever Luke is on screen and last night he got way too many lines. His bucket list was ludicrous, the Pepsi/Mentos thing was ridiculous and I don't understand how the writers don't get it already. NO MORE LUKE. I'm begging! Also, I knew that the entire family lived close to one another but in California, NOBODY walks anywhere. So I had a little bit of an issue when Alex, Hailey and Manny all wanted to walk home after their near death car accident. I know this contradicts what I said in my Goldbergs review because I should have followed my advice (and Idina Menzel's) and let it go, but I couldn't. No way those 3 spoiled kids are walking anywhere.   

Blackish
Loved the animated segment of last nights episode and normally I'm not a big animation fan, but it was a nice distraction and distraction is what I needed. I don't know why I can't get past my obsession with Traci Ross Ellis and her hair/eye issues, but I can't. I love this show, but now I'm getting concerned that when Jack and Diane enter their Luke Dunphy phase and aren't so cute anymore, that this show could be in trouble. Sure Anthony Anderson, Laurence Fishburn, the daughter, the gang at the office, and Lionel Richie Jr. are great but those kids and Rainbow's issues could counter balance it all if they're not careful. Traci's hair was out of control last night. So many different styles. Some showcase the eye, some distract from the eye. I really have issues. I'm not proud of my inability to see through the superficial stuff, I just constantly think to myself...why did they choose HER to play the wife? WHY? Who did she know? Was it a favor? Did someone owe someone money? I keep saying I'm not going to comment on this and stick to the story, but I JUST CAN'T HELP IT. Don't hate me for it.

Empire
I DVR'ed The People's Choice Awards so that I could watch Empire. I was realllllly looking forward to this show and reallllly hoping I'd love it. I don't. I'm so disappointed. I love Terrence Howard and thought for sure this would be such a great vehicle for him. One problem. I hate his character. Well, I hate pretty much everyone in the show, but I think what really got me was a flashback scene from when he threw his young son in a garbage can for being gay. The premise of Empire is that Lucious (Terrence) is like a Jay Z or a Russell Simmons type guy. Came from nothing made it big in the rap world and now runs an enormous music Empire (hence the name of the show). Among all his other secrets, he just found out he has ALS (the bucket challenge even impacted this show) and has 3 years left of normal life. So he is looking to name his predecessor but for some reason, it can only be 1 person. Lucious's ex-wife just got out of prison after 17 years and wants what's hers. They were both dealing drugs and doing all sorts of illegal things before they made it big, but she was instrumental in starting the business. She's also a lunatic. The kind of lunatic that beats her son with a broomstick. They have 3 sons who are all in the family business. Andre has brains, a white wife, and knows the business inside and out, but he has no talent. Hakeem has talent but is a young, spoiled partier and hates his Mom, Jamal has the whole package, but his father can't except any part of him because he's a major homophobe. Somethings missing, I don't know what it is, but it makes my Wednesday's a lot easier now and it makes me bummed I didn't watch Matt Bomer accept his PCA live last night. I don't ALWAYS get it right! 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Look out Ryan Seacrest, here comes Jimmy Fallon. Lip Sync Battle will debut on April 2nd on Spike and guess who they got to host it? LL Cool J! Now that is a GOOD GET! Jimmy's not the only producer of the show, he partnered up with John Krasinski and Stephen Merchant. I personally can't wait. I'm sure there will be some amazing battles. 10 glorious weeks of this one. Let's hope Joseph Gordon Levitt and Emma Stone return for a battle of the best. 

-Not the greatest news for About a Boy. Their season was cut down to 20 episodes from 22. I knew it. So glad I never got on that bandwagon, thank goodness I don't like Minnie Driver, she saved me from another disappointment. 

-O...M...G...I have no idea when it's going to air but John Travolta is FINALLY coming back to TV as Robert Shapiro in FX's American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson. 10 week mini-series and I am SO IN! Cuba Gooding Jr. will play OJ. I hope my FX friends are reading this and can tell me when to start the countdown. HUGE HUGE HUGE John Travolta fan.  

-Anyone bummed that Comedy Central cancelled Brickleberry?  

-Top 10 Specials/Event Programming on Twitter for 2014 (ranking is based on total audience but I've provided Tweets as well)
10. Emmy Awards-1,102,000 Tweets
9. State of the Union-2,088,000 Tweets
8. MTV Movie Awards-2,411,000 Tweets
7. BET Awards-10,891,000 Tweets
6. Billboard Music Awards-5,450,000 Tweets
5. American Music Awards-5,651,000 Tweets
4. Golden Globe Awards-2,359,000 Tweets
3. MTV VMA's-12,644,000 Tweets
2. Grammy Awards-13,779,000 Tweets
1. The Oscars-11,163,000 Tweets

Thursday's Trivia Question: Name the family that lives in this lovely home! 









WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment