Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Cougartown & the shortest review of Agent Carter and The Girlfriends Guide ever.



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Donald Trump lives in Trump Tower
FIRST FIVES:  Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Ed Ziskind, Brian Gould & Bill McLauglin
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter
Bonus Trivia Question: Mike Rowe is on Dirty Jobs among a bunch of other things. 

THE NUMBERS 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Gotham-FOX 2.5/6.8
Scorpion-CBS 2.4/12.0
2 Broke Girls-CBS 2.4/9.0
Mike & Molly-CBS 2.2/9.5
The Bachelor-ABC 2.2/7.7

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Delays, Delays, Delays


Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
The Bachelor-ABC 247,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 149,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 71,000 Tweets
Celebrity Apprentice-NBC 65,000 Tweets
Gotham-FOX 24,000 Tweets

Sunday nights final cable numbers (and Monday's) aren't in yet but Downton Abbey's Season 5 premiere did deliver 10.1 million viewers which was pretty close to last years premiere.  

THE SHOWS

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
I can't figure out if Brandi Glanville is REALLY completely out of her mind or just playing crazy so well she deserves an Emmy. I'm pretty sure she's REALLY completely out of her mind. Between her obsession with Ken and Lisa, her inability to think AT ALL before she speaks, her complete and utter inappropriateness, her stalker like qualities of Eileen and the fact that she threw a glass of wine in her face for no apparent reason support my true crazy theory BUT so far on Celebrity Apprentice she SEEMS normal. So maybe she's just brilliant and knows what good TV is all about. All that and…Ken pre-chewed food and gave it to Jiggy, the dog. Kyle was super emotional over her daughter leaving for college which got me all choked up. Thank goodness Yolanda decided to throw the most perfect dinner party in the world at the most beautiful home in the world with the most amazing refrigerator in the world. I need my landscaper to check out Yolanda's backyard just to figure out how to get my grass to grow so perfectly around my patio. David Foster owes Babyface big time for not only showing up to the bizarro dinner party, but for spontaneously singing the words "fingerbang" on national television. David…you owe him one. BIG TIME.

Cougartown
First episode of the last season of Cougartown EVER! Laurie's pregnant with Travis's baby. Did I forget that she was pregnant? Did I also forget that Grayson had a daughter named Tampa? I wasn't the only one. The gang forgot too!  Did I miss a season? I don't think so, but think about how much TV I've watched since last season.  Laurie looked crazy huge like she was having triplets and of course, she was the only one in the gang NOT drinking which made her so cranky she threw nickel socks at everyone. Tom got the cutest baby pig and Travis used it for Daddy practice. Everyone loves a super tiny piglet.  Hate to say this, but Courtney Cox was looking a bit overbotoxed, but with close-ups like the one in this weeks episode, I get it. I never saw The Matrix, (virtual worlds and stuff are just too much for me) but  I still knew that Grayson dressed up like Samuel L. Jackson from the movie. He donned that long leather coat and those nose clip glasses to teach Travis how to see the world like a Dad. Tom set up a secret old town western bar in his garage so everyone could sneak drinks without Laurie knowing. Siena tones, old time piano music, feather boa's and goofy hats…I love an old town western bar. Of course Laurie found out and had a nickel sock shoot out which was hilarious. Guessing the baby arrives for the final episode. That's good because kids don't work at all on this one. Remember Stan? Yeah, I didn't forget about him! 

Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
I'm out. Sorry Bravo, you know I love you, but I couldn't take it. You have the Dad with the young girlfriend doing Ayawaska, the Mom in a limo heading to Vegas with her stoned out friends. Everyone's going through a divorce with kids and who's watching these kids while the parents are running off to Vegas and tripping in the desert with a shaman? Plus, I've had enough Janine Garofalo. Delete. Done.

Agent Carter
I don't watch S.H.I.E.L.D. but my husband does. Last night he was running late and asked me to DVR the S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff, Agent Carter. He lasted 30 minutes. Hated it. Just figured I'd share. Too dark (the look, not the subject matter) too stupid, he's out. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Finally…a pretty real HILARIOUS moment for my man Jimmy Fallon. You guys need to watch this one from last night's show.  I don't even want to tell you about it. Just watch: http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/segments/101416

-I talk about how long receipts are alllll the time. Stars…they're JUST like us! Check this clip out from Jimmy Kimmel last night. Maybe HE should also be my FBFF! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TL-y7P4sfw

-USA's Covert Affairs has been cancelled after 5 seasons. The show used to deliver about 5 million viewers a week but viewership has dropped 60%. Seems to me most USA shows should be 4 seasons long. White Collar was great but went 1 season too long. Most shows really should try to go out on a high note. Don't draw out the ending, go out on a high note. Damages was 5 Seasons and even though I didn't watch it, I'm betting that last season was probably one too many.

-SNL got 2 polar opposites to host in January. Kevin Hart, the shortest big star in Hollywood (other than Peter Dinklage) and  Blake Shelton the tallest big star in Nashville! Both guys are hilarious and I'm betting they'll both be amazing hosts.

-Okay so…I have 7 TiVO's in my house and didn't think I'd ever need another one BUT I read about a brand new feature called OnePass and as soon as I pay off my staycation bills, I'm getting one. The OnePass feature on the Roamio and the Mini Tivo will track down every episode of a show you want to catch up on or binge watch from all sources and put them in your MY SHOWS folder. OnePass organizes the episodes by season and if it's not available yet, it will include eps from any of your streaming services too. TiVO will become THE multi-source binge watching solution. Seriously, is there a reason to ever leave my house? I LOVE YOU TIVO…more and more each day.

-It was only a matter of time. Someone had to be first. Who knew it would be CNBC though? CNBC is sort of dumping Nielsen. They're going to have their business day programming measured by some company I've never heard of called Cogent in 4Q 2015. They're not cutting the cord altogether, Nielsen will still measure CNBC's Primetime programming but ya never know, this could be jussssst the beginning.

-This coming weekend, if there wasn't enough Sunday night TV pressure to deal with, Showtime is running a free preview weekend. You guys who don't have it can check out Homeland, The Affair (don't bother), Ray Donovan, Masters of Sex and Nurse Jackie.

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Who eats here? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment