Monday, March 16, 2015

Madam Secretary, The Good Wife, The Royals, Girls, The Americans and Dinner with Tiffani




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:  Sean Penn played Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

FIRST FIVES: Brett Blattman, Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Ed Ziskind & Bobby Aguilera
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.4/16.0
The Odd Couple-CBS 2.6/10.7
Scandal-ABC 2.6/8.2
Mom-CBS 2.3/9.1
Big Bang Theory-CBS 2.2/9.6

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/2.0
NBA-TNT .9/2.1
Vikings-History .8/2.6
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .8/2.5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/1.8

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 140,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 91,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 64,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 44,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel Live-ABC 14,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.8/7.2
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.5/11.2
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.5/6.8
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.3/9.7
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.2/7.0

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Glee-FOX 44,000 Tweets
Bring It!-Lifetime 32,000 Tweets
Banshee-Cinemax 11,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 9,000 Tweets
Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars-WE 3,000 Tweets

Thursday night's Jimmy Kimmel with the Prez and Sean Penn delivered nearly 4 million viewers and 1.1 adults 18-49 which beat Fallon's .8/2.5 and Letterman's .7/2.6

THE SHOWS

Madam Secretary  
Wow, what a tense, emotional episode of Madam Secretary and it's not even Sweeps.(Do Sweeps even count anymore?) Elizabeth told the team about the coup, she even interrupted Daisy and Matt at home in their afterglow which was a bit embarrassing for them. They sure aren't the most attractive couple on TV are they? Thanks to Nadine's admission to her affair with former Secretary of State Marsh, the team figured out pretty quickly who the coup leader was and then Elizabeth had to secretly go to Iran to tell her good buddy Giovanni and save the world. Ex CIA Director Munsey was under house arrest, but for some reason, he was allowed to go to his favorite coffee place and get breakfast. I questioned why he'd need to go to the bathroom minutes after leaving his home, and why the security agents let him, but they figured if they loosened the rope a little, he'd hang himself and guess what…he did! He made a call with a crazy looking device that was able to called Tehran in seconds. (Must be a Verizon network!) Bess and the team were able to get the coordinates needed. Elizabeth had to leave before Allison's 16th birthday but she was able to stop on her way home from operation No Can Coup and pick up a case of Laughy String (I guess the Silly String people didn't want to fork over the big bucks for an integration?) for the McCord birthday tradition. Pancakes and Laughy String. Also before she left, she went over all of the women Henry CAN'T marry if she dies. Elizabeth stayed at Giovanni's house where his son was having trouble with his Algebra homework. Iranians, they're just like us! Just before his Dad could help him a bomb went off and killed Giovanni. Elizabeth was okay but the Prez, the staff, Henry and the kids were in limbo for a while which made thing tense and emotional. Henry broke down when he got the news that his wife was alive and he'd have to clean that Laughy String up before she got home. I did too. Elizabeth came home a hero for crushing the coup, and everything went back to normal. Henry went back to reading books, Elizabeth checked her emails to find one from Juliette and just before the credits rolled Munsey killed himself. Good he was a d*ck
Total sleeve alerts: 3

The Good Wife
I can't imagine there's a judge out there who would be as biased as the one Diane, Finn and Cary went up against in the 3D gun case (Miles Drentell from which 90's drama?) but gotta admit even I was shocked to learn that anyone could get the specs on the Internet and build a gun with a 3D printer. How'd you feel seeing Mr. Brady and Diane doin nasty things in the BMer? Weird right? I love Gary Cole. What a good head of hair on that guy. Meryl Streep's daughter was back going up against Diane and the gang and I just knew that Canning was screwing over Alicia. I knew it! Sooo the big news is that Frank Prady isn't gay (not that there's anything wrong with it) he's just a closeted Jesuit, who didn't want to lose the gay vote. Politics suck. I hope Alicia DOESN'T win the States Attorney gig. I need her back in court with her friends.
The Royals
Did you guys watch? I just had to. Mark Schwahn gave me One Tree Hill, The Royals had to be good and IT WAS! To be honest, it wasn't what I was expecting at all. I think for some reason I thought it was a dramedy, but this one's all drama. No comedy at all. Elizabeth Hurley was rockin the Ray-Bans as Queen of England. Man is she a total b*tch but not sure who's worse, her or her daughter Eleanor. What a train wreck. The Royal family's in bad shape in general as we learned in the pilot. Eldest son Robert died and now Liam, the spare, is next in line for the throne. He WAS a total party animal but now he's got to deal with his new gig as future King of England. He's into the head of security's daughter, Ophelia but she's just a commoner. A commoner with huge balls willing to take on the Queen big time. Lots of great music, crazy pill-popping cousins wearing crazy hats, and tons of family drama. Loved the pilot, can't wait to see where we go from here.
Girls
Only one more week til the pain is over. I need a break from this mess. Mimi Rose and Zachary Quinto are freaks. I didn't even understand what they were doing to Jessa and Adam but they were f'ing with them and I hated that. Hannah's a wreck about her new gay Dad, Hannah's Mom's a wreck about her new old gay husband but Elijah's like McDonald's and loving it. I hate Marnie and Desi. The guy needs a pair of eyebrows STAT! Happy that Ray won his election, poor Shosh, she's totally oblivious. Judd Apatow's daughter, Maude was back as Cleo who's already had enough of Hannah's insanity and started ignoring her texts. I'm so done with this show. I hope I have the strength and the willpower to delete my Season Pass (actually TiVO upgraded me to One Pass which RULES!) after next week's finale and never look back. Help me people. HELP ME!
The Americans
I've been watching The Americans since day 1. The reason I don't write about it is because I watch it days after it airs, usually Saturday or Sunday and I just don't think it makes sense to write about wayyyy after the fact but, you guys REALLY need to watch this show. We're in the middle of Season 3 and it's getting better and better and more complex. When I say more complex though,  I don't just mean the spy stuff, what's becoming more and more interesting about the show is the relationship between Philip and Elizabeth. They've been married, raising their kids and doing spy stuff for years but they've only recently fallen in love with each other which makes things very interesting. Also, they are both dealing with parenting their children in different ways. The Russians want their daughter Paige in the "program" now that she's of age which is causing problems between Philip and Elizabeth. I really don't want to say too much, you guys need to get on board and soon, we need this show to stay on TV! 
Dinner at Tiffani's
I don't normally watch cooking shows, but if a 90210 alum is the chef, of course I have to support her. Tiffani Amber Thiessen (I know, I know, drop the Amber…I can't I tried) currently cooks for famous friends in her real home in her real kitchen and it's my new obsession. I don't know why, it just is. I've only seen one episode and she made nothing I'd eat but I guess it's just so interesting to see celebs all hanging out together over a good meal. Tiff didn't have any help other than her guests and they seemed to LOVE everything she made. In the episode that I saw, Willie Garson from White Collar, Nathan Fillion from Castle and Lindsay Price from 90210 and a whole bunch of other stuff were Tiffani's guests. Nathan and Willie weren't into the idea of eating Brussel Sprouts but Tiff got them to try um and like them. Lindsay's husband is celebrity chef, Curtis Stone, so I'd think she knows good food. I've set my TiVO One Pass (the new Season Pass) and I'll be catching all the other eps as soon as I can. 
THE OTHER STUFF 

-Have you seen the new Kevin Bacon ad for eggs? Probably not because I believe it's online only. You need to see it because it's pretty funny. Kevin's such a good sport and maybe he needs the dough since Bernie Madoff screwed him over. Check it the print ad and the video here: http://incredibleegg.org/kevin-bacon-and-eggs/

Add $5.99 to that cut-the-cord bill from last week if you want CBS programming. See how the figure keeps climbing? Not sure how many Millennials would shell out ANY money for CBS but if they felt a need for Big Bang or Survivor they'd need to add the 6 bucks to their "viewing" budget. 

-Not sure how to handle the fact that Matt Bomer is going to be on American Horror Story next season. The show is wayyyyyy toooo scarrrry for me, but my love for Matt is intense. I want to support his every move (and yes, of course I know he plays for the other team) but I want to be able to sleep at night too. I've got time to figure it all out but this will be weighing heavy on my mind for a while. 

Monday's Trivia Question: IT'S A THEME WEEK: I'll give you the IMDB synopsis, you give me the show: "World War II is over and the boys from the town of River Run, Ohio, are coming home. It seems that life is slowly back to normal, but war has changed everything and they will never be the same again."  Name this 1991 Drama

Monday's Bonus Trivia Question: Bob Kaplan a great friend and WWTM loyal reader sent in a great follow up question for all of you Fast Times fans. What 3 future stars had minor roles in Fast times as Spicoli's stoner friends? One point for each correct answer.



WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment