Friday, March 13, 2015

Scandal & The Vampire Diaries





THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Monica Geller on Friends was a chef! Glad to see more responses, but I want even more on this lovely Friday the 13th.
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Heather Doyle, Sean Peters & Ed Ziskind
HONORABLE MENTION: He Who Shall Not Be Named

THE NUMBERS

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Empire-FOX 5.8/14.9
American Idol-FOX 2.4/9.7
Survivor-CBS 2.2/9.2
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.1/10.3
CSI Cyber-CBS 1.8/9.7

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.4
The Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.9
Dual Survival-Discovery .7/1.6
NBA-ESPN .7/1.3
Catfish-MTV .6/1.0

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings
Empire-FOX 750,000 Tweets
Catfish-MTV 91,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 63,000 Tweets
The 100-CW-63,000 Tweets
Criminal Minds-CBS 10,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 3/2/15-3/6/15
Fallon-1.1/3.8
Kimmel-.6/2.4
Letterman-.5/2.6
Daily Show-.4/1.1
Nightline-.4/1.7
Seth Meyers-.4/1.6

Conan-.4/.9
Late Late Show-.3/1.3
Nightly Show-.3/.7
Carson Daly-.2/.8


Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 3/2/15-3/6/15
GMA 1.8/2.1
Today Show 1.7/2.0
CBS This AM 1.0/1.1
THE SHOWS


The Vampire Diaries
I'm bored with The Vampire Diaries. I'm not into everyone turning their humanity off and on. It was fine when Stefan did it the first time and even when we flashed back to when Damon did it but then Elena did it and then Stefan did it again and now Caroline and Stefan AGAIN. Look, writers, if you can't think of any new fresh ideas, maybe it's time to call it a day. I sort of like the idea that Stefan and Damon's Mom is alive and that she's a "ripper" or at least she was. I don't like that she's stuck in a parallel universe. We just got Damon and Bonnie back to this universe and now Damon's going to go find his Mommy? Congrats to Ian Somerhalder for his first episode behind the camera, but if I don't see him with his shirt off before the end of the Season, I'm DONE! Kai's a d*ck, Bonnie's PISSED him and at Damon for leaving her in 1994, the Liam/Sarah game of operation wasn't fun and I'm not believing at all that Bonnie would be able to hear her phone ring at all, let alone have  full fledged conversation at rave. Is it time? I'll finish the season, but I don't know if I'll be back. 

Scandal
Susan the new VP lost it big time in front of the press, that laugh snort thing was classic but then she went viral, Jimmy Kimmel and the news cycle got a hold of her and she was going to quit. Abby fired and broke up with Leo and then coaxed Olivia out of her apartment and back to The White House  to get Susan back on track. Huck's wife brought all the B613 stuff to David Rosen and we found out that Huck's real name is Diego Munoz. He looks like a Diego Munoz, doesn't he? Duck (Diego/Huck) testified and freaked everyone out. Now David wants to go big or go home which makes me fear for his life. Olivia's PTSD was improving. She helped Florence from The Jefferson find her lost dead lover. Wasn't hard, Olivia knew exactly what happened to her, because she was there, remember? Huck's wife was so proud of him, she planted a big smoochy kiss on his lips. Happy for Duck, but I know it won't last.  Liv started her road to recovery. She chucked the couch cushion, popped the popcorn, poured an amazing bottle of red and the credits rolled. UGH, next week Lena Dunham's on the magic sticky window. Will I hate watch her? Of course I will


THE OTHER STUFF

-Remember when Oprah threw herself a huge birthday party and filmed it all? Looks like Tyler Perry wanted a Colin Cowie night of his own. Tyler will be hosting a party at his place to celebrate his partnership with Oprah and honor all the actors on all of his shows that air on Oprah's network. The name of this event makes no sense to me: "Too Darn Hot Party" . It airs this Tuesday night  and Mary J Blige,  JHud, Jennifer Holliday and  Stevie Wonder will all be there. I wonder if Tyler will give everyone diamond earrings like Oprah did at her Legends ball.  

-I don't know why the Emmy people didn't run their decision to have Andy Samberg host this years Emmy's by me first. If they'd have asked, I would have told them that it's a bad idea. I hope I'm wrong, but I already have a feeling it's going to be BAD. Andy's not mainstream enough, funny enough, cute enough or interesting enough. Let's see if I'm right on 9/21 when the ratings and the reviews come out. 

-President Obama was on Jimmy Kimmel last night. I learned the following:
If he wanted a sandwich in the middle of the night, he could go to the kitchen in his boxers and get one. He HASN'T done that, but he could if he wanted to. 
He hasn't cooked, he hasn't driven, the dentist comes to him, the staff turned the clocks ahead for Spring, and he can't help solve the mega long receipt problem in this country. He also was a good sport and read some Mean Tweets. I'll admit Jimmy went easy on him, but still funny. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDocnbkHjhI

-Roseanne and  Keenan Ivory Wayans will be back as judges on Last Comic Standing, but this Summer, Norm MacDonald will be joining them. Gotta love Norm. I bet he's a good judge. He's a pretty funny guy.

- Syfy renewed 12 Monkeys and CBS renewed 2 Broke Girls. There's some good news for people who like shows with numerals in the title. 

-Joan Rivers can't apparently be replaced. First Kelly Osbourne left Fashion Police and, now Kathy Griffin's out. I found her reason for leaving odd. "The show is too mean spirited" WHAT? Have you seen your own act lately, Kathy? There's something going on over there at E! but that can't possibly be why she's leaving he show. I feel bad for Melissa, she's one of the producers, her Mom's probably freaking out up there in heaven about this. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Not a TV question, but it's my blog so I can do what I want. Sean Penn was on Jimmy Kimmel last night after President Obama. Name his character in the 1982 movie Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Sean was great on the show and guess what…he and Charlize are big Bachelor fans! Wouldn't you like to be in that family room to watch them watching The Bachelor? I would and I don't even watch The Bachelor. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment