Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Voice, The Fosters and The Late Late Show




THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Andrew Dice Clay played The Diceman, a bouncer,  in Pretty in Pink
FIRST FIVE:Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Dave DeSocio & Deborah Kapetanakis
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter
 
THE NUMBERS  
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.8/7.4
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/7.0
Dateline-NBC 1.3/6.7
NCAA-CBS 1.2/3.8
20/20-ABC 1.1/5.1
 
Friday's Cable Top 5
NCAA-TBS .9/2.6
NCAA-TNT .8/2.2
Family Guy-Adult Swim .8/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8
Bring It-Lifetime .6/1.4
 
Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Glee-FOX 250,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 43,000 Tweets
Woodie Awards-MTV 34,000 Tweets
Bring It-Lifetime 17,000 Tweets
Jimmy Kimmel-ABC 3,000 Tweets
 
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
NCAA-CBS 3.3/13.3
60 Minutes-CBS 1.9/11.6
The Last Man on Earth-FOX 1.9/4.5
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.8/5.6
Secrets & Lies-ABC 1.5/5.4
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 307,00 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 59,000 Tweets
The Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 49,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 47,000 Tweets
NFL Veteran Combine-NFL Network 8,000 Tweets

Top 5 DVR'ed Shows for the Week of 3/2/15-3/8/15
Empire-FOX From a 5.8 to an 8.3 (+43%) CRAZY RIGHT???
Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 4.8 to a 7.1 (+48%)
Modern Family-ABC From a 3.4 to a 5.6 (+65%)
Blacklist-NBC From a 1.8 to a 3.5 (+94%)
Criminal Minds-CBS From a 2.0 to a 3.6 (+80%)
 
THE SHOWS
The Voice
I was in a mood when I got home last night. Work's nuts, my commute is nuts, I'm going away in less than 2 weeks and I am SO not bathing suit ready. I didn't feel like watching much of anything. We caught up on John Oliver and The Royals but then when it was time to get down to business, I decided to bake chocolate chip cookies and watch The Voice. I haven't watched the show in a while, but nothing's changed really.  It's the same as when I left it a couple seasons ago. Adam's still cute and still in a bit of a Blakemance. Xtina's lost the baby weight which sucks because now her outfits fit her and I can't bust her b@lls about it. Pharrell switched to a bit of a bowler hat which wasn't as funny as the Canadian Mounty thing. The chair rounds were over so we watched a knockout round episode. Some good performances and some okay performances. Nate Reuss from FUN was a mentor this episode. I wouldn't have categorized him as a subject matter expert, but, okay. Doesn't he seem to always have a sad face. I think his regular look is just a sad one. I was thinking on my way in today, has The Voice actually launched anyone huge yet? I don't think so. Am I wrong? What happened to Javier Colon, Cassadee Pope, Danielle Bradbury, Craig Wayne Boyd, Josh Kaufman, Tessanne Chin, and Jermaine Paul? (Thank god for Wikipedia, I had no idea who any past winner were except Danielle) When will someone do a Behind the Music or something on all these "stars" and what happened to them. I need answers. Come on NBC, lets throw Brian Williams a bone and give him something to do during his "suspension."

The Fosters
It's so hard for me to see Kerr Smith as Robert, Callie's Dad when I only think of him as Jack McPhee from Dawson's Creek. I guess he COULD be her father, but he'd have had to had her pretty young, which is apparently what happened. He's just stuck in my mind as Jack. LOVED that Bobby Ewing showed up as Robert's Dad, but thumbs down on Robert Sr. being such a d*ck. It is really weird that Sophia and Callie look so much alike. I checked, they aren't related. I was wondering what the cliffhanger would be, everything was just going too smoothly. Robert gave up his custody battle, Callie got to stay with the family, Jesus got in to boarding school, Marianna won her dance off, Brandon kicked butt on his audition, Connor's Dad let #Jonner snuggle in the hospital together and then Anna went into labor with the twins in the car and BOOM credits roll and all we know is there's ONE fatality. My guess is that it's the OTHER car and nobody in our car died, but maybe Jake Austin wants out of the show or something, I sure hope not because he's the only eye candy they have. (Sorry Brandon) Now we have to wait til Summer to find out who's dead. Hope I'm right.
 
 
The Late Late Show with James Corden
I checked the LLS out before I left the house this AM just to confirm that Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutscher are in fact married, and I'd say they are. James is decent, he has a TERRIBLE laugh, he sits really close to his guests and I don't know if it will stay this way, but both Tom Hanks and Mila Kunis came out and sat on the couch together. Sort of like what Graham Norton does in Britain, but I felt like things were a bit unbalanced. Both skits below had the potential to be awesome but in my opinion went a bit toooo long. I'm going to keep my eye on this one though. I see something here. Anyone who can get my boy Les Moonves into a sketch with Oompah Loompah's has got my vote. FOR NOW
http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-show/video/56DE4674-73E8-2149-175A-4A89D13CA736/james-corden-and-tom-hanks-act-out-tom-s-filmography/

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late-late-show/video/BFD9CCC5-3E7A-782D-9A8E-4A8B067528B2/james-corden-s-journey-to-the-late-late-show/

THE OTHER STUFF

-I haven't said anything about Jeremy Clarkson and this Top Gear fiasco mainly because it's not my thing at all, but my husband and a few of my friends are going to be bummed if the show really does end. I have no idea what the "fracas" was and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever typed or used the word "fracas" but whatever it was seems to be something serious. For my husband's sake, can everyone just say they're sorry and get back to work please?

-Hey ABC people, when is American Crime Story: The People vs. OJ Simpson going to air because I NEED TO SEE IT NOW! Connie Britton's just been added to the cast that already included John Travolta and Cuba Gooding Jr. I really can't wait to see this thing. Can you?

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Yesterday's question got me thinking of all the Pretty in Pinker's and where they are now. So…Where are they Now? Give me their most current role or show or something. One point for each correct answer. 
Duckie
Stef
Andie
Iona
Blaine
WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment