Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Real Housewives finale and my new obsession…Married at First Sight



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Here's what happened to all of the Pretty in Pinker's: Duckie was played by Jon Cryer who obviously went on to be Alan on 2 1/2 Men. Andie was played by Molly Ringwald who most recently was on Secret Life of the American Teenager. Steph was played by James Spader who is currently Red Reddington on Blacklist. Iona was played by Annie Potts who most recently was on The Fosters and Blaine was played by Andrew McCarthy who was most recently on White Collar.
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Evan Schweitzer, Elke Raskob & Karen Feldman
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.4/12.2
Scorpion-CBS 2.1.9.7
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.0/13.8
Mike & Molly-CBS 1.9/7.7
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.9/7.2

Monday's Cable Top 5 
WWE-USA 1.5/4.2
Love and Hip Hop-VH1 1.4/2.5
Better Call Saul-AMC 1.3/2.8
Teen Mom-MTV 1.2/1.9
Black Inc Crew-VH1 1.1/1.9

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE-USA 218,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 75,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 54,000 Tweets
Teen Mom-MTV 32,000 Tweets
Late Late Show with James Corden-CBS 15,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Season Finale
The season ended with Adrian Malouf throwing a massive party with hot topless men, scantily clad women dressed as angels and none of our housewives noticing her big entrance. Prince Mario of who-knows-where was in attendance, so was Kevin Lee who thought everyone looked FABOLISS. Some interior designer named Bobby Trendy was there. (I'm assuming he gave himself that name.) Camille wore a bizarre dress with eyes right under the boobs that stared back at any man (or woman) who stared at her boobs. Brandi was a wreck because her Dad was in the hospital. Of course there was drama, and not just Adrian's magical entrance. In this round, Kyle and Ilene were up against Lisa Rinna who just didn't want to own her role in the current situation between Brandi and Kim. In addition to the big Malouf shindig, the Hamlin/Rinna family took down their swing set, Nicki Hilton had her book signing at aunt Kyle's store.(Of course her sister was there for support) I learned a new word (Fleek) and someone needs to tell Kyle Richards that the phrase is "sweep it under the rug/carpet" not brush it under the rug/carpet. The 3 part reunion begins next week and according to the end notes, Kyle and Kim haven't spoken in months. I wasn't sure if it was because of the show or because Kim's dog bit Kyle's daughter. Guess will find out next week. Let the games begin. 

Married at First Sight
This show is my new obsession. I know arranged marriages occur in many cultures, but none of them happen on TV (not yet anyway). It's truly incredible to watch this all unfold. Last week Jacklyn wasn't thrilled when she saw Ryan but she ended up saying "I do" but the rest of their wedding was super awkward. Ryan was thrilled, but Jacklyn wasn't. She held it together well though. Sean and Davina and Jessica and the other Ryan were all really happy upon seeing their betrothed and they all said "I do". Sean was really into Davina. I was a bit surprised at how much kissing, REALLY LONG kissing, they did. I'd bet that even though Davina swore they weren't going to consumate their marriage, they might have. The families seemed to all enjoy themselves at the weddings and now it's time to get to know one another while we all watch. It's hard to tell from the scenes who stays together and who doesn't. If you recall, my sister and her husband know Jacklyn but she hasn't told them ANYTHING. So we'll all have to just keep watching. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-I HATED the X-Files back in the day. I don't like all that conspiracy stuff. It freaks me out, but my husband used to LOVE that show. I couldn't wait to tell him that Muldaur and Scully would be coming back to FOX for a huge 6 episode mini series event. I can't stand David Duchovny. I've never seen one episode of the X-Files (or Californication) and won't be on the couch with my husband when this one comes on. 

-Leah Remini's show was renewed for a 2nd Season. I'm a bit surprised as it was sort of boring. I had hoped they'd talk more Scientology and less everything else. Maybe they'll film the Remini's watching the HBO Scientology documentary this Sunday and we can see them screaming at the TV. 

-I have no idea if I get the UP Network. I'm assuming I don't because, I have Cablevision. I used to love Gene Simmons, Family Jewels, and now the Simmons/Tweeds are coming back to TV on UP. Supposedly the two most interesting members of the family, Gene and Nick, won't be the focus of this one. The show's called "Shannon & Sophie" and apparently  follows Sophie, the most boring member of the entire family as she leaves home. Guess what all of this means...low ratings. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Leah Remini starred with Kevin James in this CBS sitcom. Name the show and their characters names. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment