Friday, April 3, 2015

Scandal & Lip Sync Battle

This is it! Last post before VACATION!


THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Rachel Bilson is the actress that connects Hart of Dixie and The OC
FIRST FIVES:Mike O'Dea, Megan Quirk, Bobby Aguilera, Sue McNamara & Nicole Zittman
HONORABLE MENTION: Ali Accarino

THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 2.9/9.3
Black-ish-ABC 2.4/7.4
Survivor-CBS 2.1/9.4
The Goldbergs-ABC 1.9/7.1
American Idol-FOX 1.7/8.3

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Dual Survival-Discovery .7/1.7
Catfish-MTV .7/1.1
Bob's Burger-Adult Swim .6/1.4

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
American Idol-FOX 314,000 Tweets
Supernatural-CW 91,000 Tweets
Arrow-CW 57,000 Tweets
Catfish-MTV 40,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-10,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 3/23/15-3/27/15
Fallon-.9/3.3
Kimmel-.6/2.6
Letterman-.5/2.6
Daily Show-.5/1.2
Nightline-.4/1.6
Seth Meyers-.4/1.4
James Corden-.3/1.5
Nightly Show-.3/.7
Conan-.2/.7

James Corden's numbers are growing. He averaged 1.5 million viewers but what's most interesting is that online, his clips and his YouTube channel are blowing up big time. He's good. What is it about the name James? Does it mean funny guy who should be a late night talk show host? 

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 3/23/15-3/27/15
GMA-1.6/1.9
Today Show-1.5/1.8
CBS This AM-.8/.9

THE SHOWS 

Scandal
Holy cow. The Scandal writers got me and yet they didn't all in the same episode. I totally knew right away that the Congressman was guilty and not his Dad. I don't know how I knew, but it was a slam dunk. What wasn't a slam dunk at all was that Holly, David Rosen's assistant chick was B613! I totally, totally thought it was Jake who killed all the retirees, and that Charlie, Quinn and Huck were going to have to kill him. I thought it was going to be this years shocking Game of Thrones Red Wedding twist. The writers got me good. Mellie's sister Harmony's a trip, huh? Great trailer trash type for the campaign trail. I knew Poppa Pope would be back, but was Franklin Russell/Russell Franklin his guy too? OMG Olivia's so screwed. Also, can someone clarify something for me. Is there only one magic sticky window at OPA? The reason I'm asking is because the window was working overtime prior to the Congressman's arrival but then when Olivia was getting his bullsh*t story the magic sticky window was empty. Are there 2 magic sticky windows? 

Lip Sync Battle
Last night's official Lip Sync Battle premiere was a lot better than the one I saw online. Jimmy Fallon vs. Dwayne Johnson. In my opinion, however, the audience voted incorrectly. I get that the showmanship is part of the competition, but Fallon's actual ability to lip sync the words to "Jump in the Line" and "Like a Prayer" were far superior to The Rock's ability to lip sync "Shake it Off" and "Staying Alive."  The Rock won for the spectacle of his pelvic thrust and Tony Manero dance moves, not the lip sync itself. I will say that they did improve the ability to see the celebs lips but there were still some crazy camera angles. LL and Chrissy are great and the behind the scenes preparation for the battle segment was a great touch. I think just a few more tweaks and the show could be perfect. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-I gotta be honest. When I read that Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig were doing a Lifetime movie about adoption I thought it was another April Fools joke. Apparently, Will's a fan of Lifetime movies and the project isn't a joke but more of a goof on the genre. Supposedly it was a secret project that got out, but are there really any secrets anymore? The movie doesn't air until this Summer, but sounds like a ratings winner to me regardless. Good for you, Lifetime. 

-I'm probably going to get some backlash for saying this, but I really think it would have been awesome if Netflix DIDN'T renew House of Cards for a 4th season. I know a lot of you guys haven't finished the season yet, but I guess I'm comfortable in saying that I enjoyed season 3 but definitely not as much as Seasons 1 and 2. Season 3 was slower and didn't get juicy until the last 4 or 5 episodes. The end was great and if they let it end that way, I sort of would have been okay with it. Sort of.  

-In addition to House of Cards renewal, it looks like Netflix is moving forward with a reboot of Full House called FULLER House. Doubtful that John Stamos, Dave Coulier, Bob Saget and the Olsen Twins return, but  DJ and Kimmy are up for 13 episodes. Of course this cast has stayed tight, so maybe there will be some fun cameos? I'd be happy just seeing Comet show up. 

-I hope you guys jumped on the Outlander bandwagon in time for the premiere tomorrow night. I'll be away, hoping my Starz App works on the island of Antigua because I need me some Claire and Jamie action big time. 

-Have any of you guys used the new Periscope App yet? There's not much there yet but Joshua Malina is killing it on there and if you're a Scandal fan, you should really check it out.
Periscope is a live broadcast of anything and you can chat with the person live. It's crazy really but I feel like it could/will be the next big thing. Josh has been broadcasting from the set all week and if you have the time to tune in when he's live, it's really pretty cool. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Name the actor or actress that connects Rules of Engagement, Saturday Night Live, 8 Simple Rules & Just Shoot Me. 

WWTM is going ON VACATION!!! I'm heading to Antigua for the week guys. Keep watching while I'm gone

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment