Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Goldbergs

Congratulations to Monica Caraffa for taking back her Trivia title. Monica was the March winner. Time to clean the slates and start over for April. All correct answers count towards the monthly prize! 

I know it's shocking, but there are shows I've never watched. I'm heading on vacation next week and need suggestions. WHAT SHOULD I WATCH? 



THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Michael B. Jordan is the actor that connects The Wire and Friday Night Lights (and you could say Parenthood, too!)
FIRST FIVES: Mark Campinell MIke O'Dea, Chuck Chiocco, Monica Caraffa & Ali Accarino
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter
Bonus Trivia Question: In the United Healthcare commercial, the dance is obviously a re-enactment of Johnny and Baby's dance where he says "NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!" 
THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 2.1/16.3
The Voice-NBC 1.9/8.3
Undateable-NBC 1.4/5.0
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.LD.- 1.4/4.1
Fresh of the Boat-ABC 1.3/4.8
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
19 Kids and Counting-TLC 1.2/3.5
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.1/2.3
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.5
Real Housewives-Bravo .9/2.2
Being Mary Jane-BET .8/1.5

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Finding Carter-MTV 142,000 Tweets
The Flash-CW 71,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 20,000 Tweets
Younger-TV Land 11,000 Tweets
New Girl-FOX 6,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS 

I was out pretty late last night, only got to see one show...
The Goldbergs
Two separate Goldberg battles went on last night. First, Erica's battle with her parents to be the next Tiffany. Remember Tiffany? Pretty sure she put Mall Tours on the map. Erica, and everyone else in Jenkintown wanted to see her and get their demo cassette in her hands big time. Remember cassettes? Remember Rocky 3, Wham, Starlight Express, Garbage Pail Kids & Sam Goody's? I do. Of course Erica wasn't successful, but once Bev heard the word Momanger, she was in. It was really Murray with the awwww moment though last night. Being there for his little girl. Adam and Barry were in one of those April Fools battles that just got out of control.Barry won the battle, when he took apart Adam's video camera and pulled the most embarrassing photo of his brother out of the archives and made a zillion copies. Of course in the end, the brothers made up. They always do. Kudos to the real Adam Goldberg for posting the real photo at the end of the episode, I guess only in the script did the two brothers burn it. I'm betting the real Bev would NEVER let that thing go. Classic pic!  

Cougar Town-Series Finale (I forgot to post this in Wednesday's edition)
Cougar Town...the little series that could. When all was said and done, this show was on the air for 6, yes...6 seasons. Sure it bounced all over the place and finally landed a home on TBS on the same night/time for 3 seasons. If it wasn't for TiVO, I'd have given up on it, but I quietly stayed with it all this time. If you're a reader, you know that once I give something a Season Pass, it's hard for me to let it go even when I know I should (aka Glee). In 6 seasons, Cougar Town never really changed. It started out as a just a few friends drinking wine without ever getting drunk. That's how it started and that's also how it ended. In the final episode, The gang pranked Jewels into believing they were all leaving for one reason or another which gave them the opportunity to say goodbye and tell her how much she's meant to all of them. Of course she was devastated until Grayson filled her in on the prank and realize that it wasn't really a prank but more of a dream come true. She wanted to attend her own funeral to hear what everyone would say and that's sort of what she got. It was done really well, but nobody really left. They're all still living in the Cul De Sac, drinking and laughing forever.  
THE OTHER STUFF
-Two great April Fools Day Pranks last night. I loved the Jimmy Kimmel one, but the James Corden one was good too. Check um both out here:
-I wasn't really sure what was real news yesterday and what wasn't, so rather than try and figure it out, I bagged additional news items today. Hey, it was a late night and I'm exhausted. I did see this ranker of all of the Comedy Central Roasts that I thought was fun.

Thursday's Trivia Question: Name the actor or actress who was in both The OC and Hart of Dixie

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment