Sunday, May 10, 2015

Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, Nurse Jackie & Grace and Frankie



THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Preston and Porter are both Lynette's kids from Desperate Housewives. Of course Carol Brady is Greg, Peter, Bobby, Marcia, Jan & Cindy's Mom

FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Jen Ragusa & Melissa Heller
HONORABLE MENTION: Shaila  Nagarkar


THE NUMBERS 


Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
The Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.7/14.6
Scandal-ABC 2.2/7.4
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.1/7.7
The Odd Couple-CBS 1.8/8.1
The Odd Couple-CBS 1.5/7.0

Thursday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7
Bob's Burgers-Adult Swim .7/1.4
Lip Sync Battle-Spike .7/1.3
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .7/2.5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .6/1.6

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 99,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 62,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 52,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 36,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 6,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.5/6.5
Beyond the Tank-ABC 1.4/5.5
20/20-ABC 1.2/5.0
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.1/8.3
Dateline-NBC 1.1/5.7

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Impact Wrestling-Destination America 14,000 Tweets
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 11,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 8,000 Tweets
Letterman-CBS 3,000 Tweets
Anderson Cooper 360-CNN 1,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS 
Grace & Frankie
I don't know why I feel like I have to defend myself for watching all 13 episodes of Grace & Frankie over the weekend, but I do. So just for the record, I hung out with a friend and watch 50 Shades of Gray (and liked it), worked out, got waxed, took my husband to dinner for his birthday, went to my son's baseball game, did some work, some reading and paid bills. I do have a life, I just don't sleep that much, which I think you know by now. Anyway, I really liked Grace & Frankie. I was surprised to read all of the negative reviews, but I think most of the other reviewers, in order to make a deadline, only watched the first episode. I'll admit, the first episode is the weakest, but I kept going and I'm glad I did. This is a GOOD show. No, it's not for or about Millenials, but that was sort of  what was nice about it. Jane and Lily play two 70+ year old women whose husbands leave them for each other. Jane and Lily are polar opposites but they end up living together and dealing with this shock in a beautiful beach house their families own together. First of all, Jane Fonda is unbelievable for any age, but for 77 she's truly breathtaking. Her hair, her face, her body, just everything. I couldn't take my eyes off her. I loved the clothes she wore, and how she moved, I can't explain it, you just need to watch it and let  me know if you agree. Lily Tomlin's character was a bit too out there at the beginning, but once they toned her down a bit, both Jane and I really appreciated her. Sam Waterson and Martin Sheen also play different, interesting characters and what I did like is that we get to follow each one of these people adjusting to this news, and their new lives. Loved Craig T. Nelson as Jane's boyfriend and also enjoyed whoever that dog guy was. I really hope you guys give this show a chance. Watch more than the first episode and then let me know what you think and DON'T read all of the other lazy reviewers. They're wrong about this one.

The Good Wife Finale
So Peter's going to run for President now? Do we think the fact that Alicia told him she didn't want him to will matter? What if Peter won? That'd be nuts, but no way that happens, The Florick's have way too many skeletons in their closet to make it that far. Glad that Finn came to his senses and bagged working (and sleeping) with Alicia. It took working together to see that won't work. Someone's thinking clearly. Pretty good cliffhanger too. Michael J. Fox was there to partner with Alicia after Finn told her he couldn't. No offense to him, but if she agrees and he is her partner next season, it's going to stress me out. I get anxious when he's in a scene, but I get why he wants to partner up with Alicia and take down her buddies, they made his hot wife cry. Whaaaaa. Do we think NOW Kalinda and her boots are really gone? She showed up to say goodbye to Alicia and to that little troll Mr. Lester, but now…I think she's really gone. Poor Cary. He really loved her. 

Game of Thrones
I'm not sure I'm really getting Dani's plan. Not sure why she would marry the guy she was just about to kill, especially when she has Daario right there next to her at all times. I sort of get it, it'll help with the people of Merine but come on, Daario's just too hot to pass up. The good news...she did feed some of the bad guys to the dragons so they could have a little fun. Some human BBQ. Jon Snow's also being pressed with some hard decisions, but I get what he's trying to do. Get the wildings on his side. Before winter comes. Two more mentions of the coming winter and yet…in 4 years of Game of Thrones, this thing they call winter has yet to arrive. I liked what the old wise guy had to say to Jon…kill the boy inside and let the man be born. I think that's what's going to happen, it actually is happening, isn't it? Stanis and his gang left Jon and the guys and headed to Winterfell to face the Bolton's. I really hope they slaughter them. They're pretty awful people and I want Sansa to end up with someone good, not Ramsey Bolton. I have a feeling Brienne will come in handy during the battle. Doesn't Ramsey Bolton remind you of Rob Thomas from Matchbox 20?  A dooshyier version of  Rob Thomas but Rob Thomas nonetheless. Man I hope he dies a horrific death. I also hope Theon snaps out of his Reek personality soon. I hate that name and I hate seeing him beaten down. I can't take how long it's taking for Jorah and Tyrion to get to Merine. Now we have stone people to deal with? Jorah's going to turn into one? I hope he does AFTER he gets Tyrion to Dani. Is this season going to end with them not meeting? I'm going to be totally pissed off if that's the case. 

Nurse Jackie
Okay so the hospital's closing and Jackie's trying to keep it open. Monk's the new Coop and I'm really not a Tony Shaloub fan. Did we need a replacement for Coop this season? Why get one knowing the shows ending and the hospital's closing. The developers promised Jackie her license back if she convinced the staff not to fight and she went for it, well, I thought she did. Monk threw Coop's going away party at Sammy's Roumanian. Eddie showed up but Jackie didn't. Coop and Carrie did it in the closet during Hava Nagila which I guess made sense.  Coop gave his speech and everyone, including me got a little misty. It was a good speech and I sort of wish it was the final episode of the series. It would have been a nice way to end it. 

THE OTHER STUFF 

It's upfront week! Today is NBC & FOX 

MONDAY
8-10 The Voice, 10-11p Blindspot (Damien Scott from Strike Back is in this one)

TUESDAY
8-9 The Voice, 9-10 Heartbreaker (Medical which I don't do but I enjoy Dave Annable and Melissa George so it will depend what it's up against before I decide,) 10-11 Best Time Ever w/ NPH (trailer's a tease…no idea but it has NPH so had bad could it be?)  & Chicago Fire

WEDNESDAY
8-9 The Mysteries of Laura, 9-10 Law & Order SVU, 10-11 Chicago PD

THURSDAY
8-9 Heroes Reborn, 9-10 The Blacklist, 10-11 The Player (Stonebridge from Strike Back is in this one and I really like the concept, of course…seen it before on Crackle…check out Chosen)

FRIDAY
8-8:30 Undateable, 830-9 People Are Talking (Mark-Paul Gosslear, safe, cute sitcom,) 9-10 Grimm, 10-11 Dateline

SATURDAY
8-10 Dateline, 10-11 SNL Classic

SUNDAY
7-820 Football Night in America, 820-11 Sunday Night Football 

WWTM Comments on NBC: Love that Stonebridge & Scott from Strike Back both got new gigs at the network, now I'll hopefully get to meet them! Goal: A Kristy sandwich photo between them!

Renewal & Cancellation News

ABC Renewed" Last Man Standing
CBS Cancelled: The McCarthy, Battle Creek & Stalker
CBS Renewed: CSI Cyber
FOX Cancelled: The Following & Backstrom
FOX Renewed: Bones
NBC Cancelled: Constantine, State of Affairs, Marry Me, About a Boy  & One Big Happy 
NBC Renewed: The Night Shift, Undateable & The Mysteries of Laura 

Monday's Trivia Question: Martin Sheen, Sam Waterson, Lily Tomlin & Jane Fonda all starred in Aaron Sorkin TV shows. See if you can name the shows.


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment