Monday, May 4, 2015

It must be allergies...all I got for you today is some Botched and Madam Secretary. I'm a Sunday Night LOSER!

Congratulations to Monica Caraffa on another win! May's a new month, slates wiped clean. Get your answers in to be eligible for the monthly prize. 



THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: There was actually 2 correct answers to Friday's Trivia Question. Laurie Metcalf and Johnny Galecki both connect Roseanne and Big Bang. Credit was given for both. 

FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Karen Feldman & Kelly Rogers
HONORABLE MENTION: Caryn Vitolo

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.2/13.4
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.6/8.6
The Odd Couple-CBS 2.0/9.2
Big Bang Theory (R)-CBS 1.7/7.6
Elementary-CBS 1.2/6.9

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NFL Draft-ESPN 3.0/7.0
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.7/3.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Sportscenter Special-ESPN .9/1.8
NBA Playoffs-TNT .7/1.7

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
NFL Draft-ESPN/NFL Network 2,720,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 230,000 Tweets
Premios Billboard de La Musica-Telemundo 181,00 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 47,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 45,000 Tweets

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.6/6.9
Beyond the Tank-ABC 1.5/6.3
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.3/11.0
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.2/8.4
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.0/5.5

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
NFL Draft-ESPN2-987,000 Tweets
Grace Helbig Show-E! 10,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 8,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 4,000 Tweets
The Amazing Race-CBS 3,000 Tweets

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 4/20/15-4/24/15
Today1.5/1.7
GMA 1.5/1.6
CBS This AM .9/1.0

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 4/20/15-4/24/15
Fallon .9/3.2
Kimmel .6/2.5
Letterman .5/2.9
Nightline .4/1.6
Seth Meyers .4/1.3
Daily Show .4/1.0
James Cordan .3/1.2
Carson Daly .2/.7
Nightly Show .2/.5
Conan .2/.6

THE SHOWS 


Botched
Of course I had heard about Botched, but I'd never seen it until yesterday. I had an empty DVR, no Candy Crush lives left and about an hour to kill before dinner. Scrolling through the channels, I recognized Paul Nassif, Adrien Malouf's ex from Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and a MUCH older, heavier Nicole Eggert from Baywatch. She wanted new boobs and Dr. Paul and Dr. Dubrow were there to help. To be honest, the boobs were the least of Nicole's issues.  She's had so much work done that she was barely recognizable and she desperately needed to get to a gym and stop eating Ben & Jerry's.  The doctors were nice and helpful and of course did a great job. Why is it that you can show ALL of the boob but the nipple has to be pixeled out? There were a bunch of other patients, some crackpots who were obviously addicted to cosmetic surgery and some who really needed help. One lunatic walked in with a blow-up doll and explained that he/she wanted to look just like it. The doctors turned her/him away. The doctors do great work, no doubt about that, but I really fell for Dr. Dubrow and enjoyed how he busted on Dr. Paul. I feel bad for Paul though, Adrien was SO tough on him when they were married, Dr. Dubrow shouldn't bust him too much. Am I now hooked on Botched? I think I might be, but I didn't give it a Season Pass. I'm sure I can find it if I need it. 

Madam Secretary
I don't know what happened to me last night. I was exhausted and felt like I was getting sick or having an allergy attack or something. I started watching Madam Secretary and next thing I knew it was 3am.  Woke up in the middle of the night missing all of my Sunday night shows. I went back this AM and finished the Season Finale, but I feel like I need to re-watch. I was lost as to why Elizabeth was testifying and I really wasn't sure I understood Juliette's reasons for treason. I did get that she decided to talk and stay alive. I did notice that Daisy's skirt seemed really short. Is above the knee appropriate dress for the State Department?  I also saw that Stevie hooked up with the President's son in the back of the limo. Probably a BAD idea. Totally got that nobody wanted Marshall's portrait. Not sure if Elizabeth took the gig as Bagdad Station Chief or not. Wasn't that what Carrie was on Homeland? They should have lunch.  Poor recap, I know, I know. Like I said, I'm not feeling great. Must be allergies. Now the DVR is full again, ugh! 

THE OTHER STUFF 

-I always love a good study, especially one that doesn't spell doom and gloom for TV. This new one says that streaming devices aren't taking viewers away from TV. After a year of owning new technology, smart TV's actually got families and friends together and increased their consumption of both streamed and live content. It's not about the device. It's about the content. We keep getting back to this, don't we? If it's GOOD, COMPELLING content, people will watch it regardless of the platform, the network or the device.

-Just curious how many of you guys watched the Derby and the Fight on Saturday.  We  went to a Derby party and did buy the fight but I fell asleep and watched portions of it Sunday  morning. My son watched the entire fight and like many people, was very disappointed. I just liked seeing all the celebs in attendance. What is UP with Tom Brady's hair?

-Discovery renewed Naked & Afraid no real surprise there. Any show with the word Naked in the title will probably be around for awhile.

-Matt LeBlanc was on The Graham Norton Show the other day. Hard to believe he can remember the words to a song he sang on Friends in Season 1. I thought I remembered everything about Friends, but I didn't remember "Freud" http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/friends_matt_leblanc_still_remembers_joeys_identical_hand_twin_song-2015-05

Monday's Trivia Question: This week, it's all about the Mom's! I'll give you the TV kids, you give me the TV Mom. We'll start with an easy one: Alex, Mallory, Jennifer & Andy


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment