Thursday, May 7, 2015

Survivor, The Goldbergs, Black-ish & Nashville. NOPE...NOT MODERN FAMILY!






THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: OF COURSE it was Beverly Goldberg! I couldn't let a Mother's Day week go by without paying tribute to my current favorite TV Mom! 
FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Mike O'Dea, Nicole Zittman, Cheryl Lasack & Karen Feldman
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
NCIS-CBS 2.0/14.0
The Voice-NBC 2.0/8.9
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 1.6/13.3
Chicago Fire-NBC 1.6/6.7
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC 1.5/4.4

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.9/4.1
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.2/2.9
19 Kids and Counting-TLC 1.0/2.9
American Dad-Adult Swim 1.0/1.9
Deadliest Catch-Discovery 1.0/2.5

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
The Voice-NBC 897,000 Tweets
The Flash- CW 45,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars- ABC 38,000 Tweets
Undateable-NBC 32,000 Tweets
E: 60-ESPN 8,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS 
Survivor
It sucks that at this point in the game, I could care less who wins the game I love so much. I don't remember there being a season where I didn't care at all who would be the sole survivor. I always care who outwits, outplays and outlasts…not this season. I also don't remember being so annoyed by so many people in the cast. Dan's beard annoys me and who am I kidding, everything about Dan annoys me. Sierra's eyebrows and vanilla-ness annoys me, Rodney's accent, and ego annoys me and any adult that cries like a baby about their birthday needs a one way ticket off the island asap. 
Will's a non-entity, I can't stand "Mama C" and the fact that everyone calls her "Mama C." I guess the person that annoys me the least is Mike but I don't feel the love for him the way I have for Boston Rob, Ozzy, and so many others. The good news for all of us is that WE get to vote for next season's cast. Yep...the entire cast is chosen by US! The nominees are past players who've only played the game one time and who've NEVER won. Gotta admit, I'm not remembering so many of the names and faces, so I have to do my research before making my choices. Also, Mike and "Mama C" are both included, is that a massive spoiler? I'm not taking the power lightly. I'll let you know who I vote for next week. Let me know who you're choosing! http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/second-chance/

The Goldbergs
Love the MTV footage. The VJ's, the Paula Abdul video (name it if you can for bonus) the A-Ha video (name that one too if you can for even more bonus) OMG I loved MTV back in the day. YouTube and Vevo are great but it's JUST NOT THE SAME! I really wouldn't mind my old MTV back again.  I digress...Bev's mission, get Erica into Julliard. Sure it was ridiculous, but you know Bev. She'd do ANYTHING to keep her kids close. Tim Meadows told her that Erica didn't have a shot in hell of getting in, but since when does Beverly Goldberg take no for an answer? Bev got Adam and Dave Kim working on Erica's music video that included horrible animation, Garfield on a stick, fog and a fan. It was an awesome, hot mess. In the mean time, Murray made a friend...Bill, Lainee's Dad. They were loving each other and realized they had so much in common. Food, TV, naps and the ability to spout Caddyshack quotes. (It's an odd phenomenon that almost every man I know can remember every word to Caddyshack but can't remember to pick up milk on their way home.) One problem with Bill, he's a crier, which turned Murray off. Pop's got Murray to think straight, get back on track with his bromance and be a good friend. I SO need to know if Bill/Murray are still together. Adam Goldberg BETTER be at the Upfront next week! 
You know the drill...name that Goldbergs tune! 

Modern Family...I DID IT! I DIDN'T WATCH! Sure I thought about going there, staying with Channel 7 and hate watching, but, I kept myself busy for the half hour. I checked email, played some Candy Crush, checked on my husband and son, emptied the dishwasher, checked to see that everything was out of the dryer, texted a few friends and before I knew it...9:30pm! I DID IT! If it was a good episode, or had an actual laugh out loud moment, or line of brilliance...DON'T TELL ME. I'm going for a clean break. Need your support.

Black-ish
This show is SO damn good. You know how I know? Because no matter how distracting, annoying and ridiculous Rainbow is, it doesn't matter. EVERYTHING else about it is so great that it balances out the Bow Factor. This week, we learned that Dre has a gay sister, Raven Symone. (She must have her agent working double time. First Empire and now Black-ish. Good returning character opportunities...smart move) Of course Dre and his Mom haven't actually discussed it amongst themselves or with her, but when Dre didn't get invited to Rhonda and Sharon's wedding, Rainbow forced him to actually SPEAK to her about the topic. Dre was feeling so good after breaking the ice that he actually outed Rhonda to their Mom. Her reaction was priceless, but that clip isn't available on the ABC website. The best ones need to be there guys!!! Of course my little Lionel Richie Jr. had no idea his Auntie Rhonda or her roommate, Auntie Sharon was gay. Classic. Once he got that, he then got "hamburgler". Of course then, I had to explain "hamburgler" to my 13 year old son who, will probably be using it today at school and have me signing another yellow detention slip tonight.  Some great new vocabulary words in this episode to add to your repertoire: LUG (Lesbian until graduation)  lightskinsylvania (the town Rainbow's from) Also some variations on Lesbian...there's lesbianification and lesbianified. All good. Try using them in a sentence today!   


Nashville 
I know that Post Partum Depression isn't something to make light of and to take seriously, but I'm having a very hard time watching Juliette going through it. I'm not sure the writers are doing the best job in how they're depicting a person going through it. All I know is they better do the intervention next week, get Juliette on some Zoloft or something and move on. I finally got rid of Micah, I still have Teddy to deal with, you can't give me Juliette too. It's just too much in such a short time. Deacon's Cancer news is out. Did you cry your eyes out when Rayna finally lost it? What about when Rayna and Deacon sang at The Bluebird? What about when is sister finally showed up and said she'd save our beloved Deacon? I was breathing a huge sigh of relief until I saw those coming attractions. I think we've all had enough shocking deaths lately. I'm not ready to lose someone else in my imaginary world just yet. I don't even watch Grey's but if some of you out there are still grieving Derek Shepherd, I can't imagine you'll be able to recover from losing Deacon too! Please don't do this to us! He better NOT die next week! 


THE OTHER STUFF

-TV Critics Choice Award Nominees were announced yesterday. Here are the nominees and my comments:
Best Comedy Series: Broad City, Jane the Virgin, Mom, Silicon Valley, Transparent, Veep & Your the Worst WTF??? NO GOLDBERGS, No Black-ish?  Transparent isn't a COMEDY! 
Best Actor in a Comedy: Anthony Anderson (Black-ish) Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) Jeffery Tambor (Transparent) Johnny Galecki (Big Bang Theory) Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) Will Forte (Last Man on Earth) How in the world can you have Jeffery Tambor and Johnny Galecki in the same category? Tambor needs to be in DRAMA not COMEDY!! 
Best Actress in a Comedy: Amy Schumer (Inside Amy Schumer) Constance Wu (Fresh off the Boat) Gina Rodriguez (Jane the Virgin) Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep) Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback) The fact that Wendi McClendon-Covey isn't nominated is making me INSANE! 
Best Limited Series: 24 Live Another Day, American Crime, The Book of Negroes, The Honorable Woman, Olive Kitteridge & Wolf Hall I only watched 24 and one episode of The Honourable Woman sooooo no comment I guess. 
Best Drama: The Americans, Empire, Game of Thrones, The Good Wife, Homeland, Justified & Orange is the New Black This is SO TOUGH! What a crazy category! The Americans is SO underrated but Empire, Game of Thrones and OitNB are all so damn good. OMG I don' know which one I'd choose. Game of Thrones...but I could be EASILY swayed in many directions. 
Best Actor in a Drama: Aden Young (Rectify) Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) Freddie Highmore (Bates Motel) Matthew Rhys (The Americans) Either Charlie or Matt. I'd LOVE Charlie to get it. LOVE to see him in a tux with no bow tie and the top buttons unbuttoned. YUMMY
Best Actress in a Drama: Eva Green (Penny Dreadful) Julianna Marguilles (The Good Wife) Ken Russell (The Americans) Taraji P. Henson (Empire) Vera Famiga (Bates Motel) Viola Davis (How to Get Away With Murder)  HAS TO BE COOKIE!!!! Taraji P. Henson. Slamdunk, no discussion needed. 
Best Reality Show: Anthony Bourdain, Deadliest Catch, Married at First Sight, Mythbusters, Shark Tank and Undercover Boss Either Deadliest or Married at First Sight. Oy tough...I'm currently OBSESSED with MaFS though so I'm going with it. 
Best Reality Competition Show: The Amazing Race, America's Got Talent, Dancing with the Stars, Face Off, Master Chef Jr. & The Voice Uhhhh huge problem here...WHERE THE "F" is Survivor? 
Best Talk Show: Daily Show, Graham Norton, Jimmy Kimmel, Last Week Tonight, Late Late with James Corden and Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon  I'm going to say...John Oliver, but it could go to anyone and I'd be fine with it no matter what.  


-The CW renewed iZombie. Anyone in on this one? You know I don't do zombie's.

-As you know, this blog is a Kardashian free zone. I guess there are other people out there who feel the same way as I do about the K family. These guys took it to a whole new level. I have no idea if this thing works, but I subscribed and hopefully my entire LIFE will now be Kfree. Only one problem. How would I have known about this thing if I had the block on? Who cares, I'm just psyched it exists. Let's see if it works! 
http://www.kardblock.com/

-FOX cancelled The Mindy Project, but it looks like Hulu's picking it up for a few seasons. Syndication makes interesting bedfellows, doesn't it? I sort of think Mindy would do well in syndication. Maybe, people like me would find it and like it. Mindy bugs me. I'm not sure why, but she does.  

Last night, it was Seth Meyers who had the skit of brilliance. I admit, this one isn't for everyone. You have to know who Anna Wintour is and get what she's all about in order to appreciate it, but if you do, it's really awesome. Let me know who she is for some bonus points and then...check out the clip: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFM6APo0h8U 

Thursday's Trivia Question: Who is Eric & Lori's Mom? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment