Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cablevision, Allergy Medicine and Finally, Married at First Sight




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Silas and Shane will be honoring Nancy Botwin this Sunday. Nancy was matriarch on Weeds. I still miss her.
FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Nicole Zittman, Mike O'Dea, Chuck Chiocco & Dan Realson
HONORABLE MENTION: Jim Carter 

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Secrets & Lies-ABC 1.7/6.3
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.7/5.2
Family Guy-FOX 1.6/3.7
America's Funniest Home Videos-ABC 1.4/.5.6
The Last Man on Earth-FOX 1.4/3.4
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Game of Thrones-HBO 3.6/6.8
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.3/2.8
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.1/2.9
Naked and Afraid-Discovery 1.1/2.5
Silicon Valley-HBO 1.0/1.7

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Game of Thrones-HBO 77,000 Tweets 
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 77,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 60,000 Tweets
Mad Men-AMC 32,000 Tweets
Keeping Up WIth the Kardashians-E! 29,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.3/9.7
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 1.9/12.2
Gotham-FOX 1.7/4.8
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.6/6.4
David Letterman Special-CBS 1.5/8.0

Monday's Cable Top 5 
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.9/4.6
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 1.4/2.6
WWE-USA 1.2/3.5
Teen Mom-MTV 1.1/1.8
Bates Motel-A&E .7/1.7

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-177,000 Tweets
Love and Hip Hop-171,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 86,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-58,000 Tweets
Late Show with David Letterman-CBS 10,000 Tweets


THE SHOWS

We had some major technical difficulties last night in the Carruba home and things are still a bit tentative. Cablevision is supposed to be here between 11 & 2 and they better get things fixed before Wednesday night Primetime or I'm going to freak the F out. After a tough work day, tons of allergy medicine, and Jody from Cablevision's inability to troubleshoot, I was ready to just give up and go to bed, but then I came up with my own solution…the A&E Watch App! So with one hour before lights out, I watched Married at First Sight, live, on my laptop. For once, Cablevision had something I could use!  Funny that Jody didn't offer up this temporary work around, but she didn't realize who she was dealing with. 

Married at First Sight
At this point in the "experiment" I have no idea who's going to stay together and who isn't. All 3 couples have issues. I think Sean and Davina have the best shot at staying together mainly because they're both really good communicators BUT, Davina may want a stronger, tougher, less needy guy than Sean. Pretty sure that Sean did NOT use the word "bully" this week, which means he's made some progress, but he still seems to lack a pair of b@lls and that could, at some point, turn Davina off big time. Jacklyn and Ryan were nesting, and shopping and having a good time together, but Ryan's pretty homesick. He misses his family and doesn't see how he can manage being so far away from them. The funny thing is that someone who was totally turned off,  Jacklyn falling hard for Ryan and seems more than turned on by pretty much everything he does. Buying a shower curtain's hot? Guess if you haven't had a BF in 7 years it could be. Jess and Ryan the Doosh weren't even speaking to each other for most of last nights episode, but before the credits rolled they seemed to have made some headway. Ryan just doesn't seem like a good guy. He's tough on her and seems just immature, impatient and mean.

THE OTHER STUFF

-I got nervous that the Funny or Die people were putting me out of business, but thankfully, even their Game of Thrones recaps are super confusing. I'd almost argue, that my recap could be a TINY bit funnier than theirs, but I don't want to let my ego get the best of me. Check it out: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2dc975f871/gay-of-thrones-s5-ep-4-recap

-Will Gardner, aka Josh Charles, formerly of The Good Wife, is joining Masters of Sex. At first I got totally stoked to see Will/Josh naked or working out his sexual stuff for the sake of science, but he's not one of the participants, he's a salesman or something. Who cares, I'm just happy he got a new gig and I'll get to see him again. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: The kids: Erica, Barry & Adam...name that MOM! 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment