Monday, June 1, 2015

Critics Choice TV Awards Because Family Comes First!

Congratulations to Karen Feldman for her BIG win over Monica Caraffa and Mike O'Dea. Karen is May's WWTM Trivia Winner. New month, slates wiped clean, all correct answers counts towards the monthly prize!


THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION:  
1) Murray Goldberg & Bev
2) Maddie Hayes & David Addison
3) Ross Geller & Rachel
4) Eric Taylor & Tami
5) Mr Big & Carrie

FIRST FIVES: Elke Raskob, Karen Heniger, Ed Ziskind, Jen Ragusa & Stephanie Baxter
HONORABLE MENTION: Chuck Chiocco



THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 1.5/7.6
Dateline-NBC 1.2/6.4
Bones-FOX 1.2/5.4
Wayward Pines-FOX 1.2/3.9
500 Questions-ABC1.1/5.0

Thursday's Cable Top 5
Lip Sync Battle-Spike 1.1/2.3
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.7
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/1.9
WWE Smackdown-Syfy .7/2.5
Law & Order SVU-USA .6/1.4

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
NA

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
What Would You Do?-ABC 1.2/4.5
Dateline-NBC 1.1/5.2
20/20-ABC 1.0/4.4
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.0/4.6
Shark Tank-ABC .9/4.3

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Premiere Boxing Champions-Spike 28,000 Tweets
Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars-WE 10,000 Tweets
Impact Wrestling-Destination America 10,000 Tweets
K.C. Undercover-Disney Channel 5,000 Tweets
Nightingale-HBO 2,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 5/11/15-5/15/15
Letterman 1.7/8.6
Fallon .9/3.1
Kimmel .6/2.5
James Corden .5/2.1
Seth Meyers.4/1.3
Conan .3/.6
Carson Daly .2/.7
Daily Show .1/.5
Nightly Show .1/.3

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of  5/11/15-5/15/15
Today 1.5/1.8
GMA 1.5/1.7
CBS This Morning .8/1.0

 
THE SHOWS 


It was my Mother-in-Law's 75th last night up in Westchester and while, according to my husband,  I "drove my ass off" in that crazy rain, I still didn't get home in time to watch much, so I chose the one show I could get through the quickest, The Critics Choice TV Awards. I'll be in a Game of Thrones media blackout all day today, so don't tell me how awesome Tyrion and Dani are, I don't want to know...yet!


5th Annual Critics Choice Television Awards
  • These event planners think of everything, don't they? Let's brand the Beverly Hilton,  pool with hot bikini chicks and some Critics Choice rafts and then after everyone wins their award they can come outside to the pool and grab a drink at the bar. The celebs seemed to enjoy it. I didn't see any hot guys by that pool, but I was on a mission, so I could have missed it. 
  • Kat Deeley hosted.  Nice dress, but she could prob use a pair of boobs or those boob cutlets to make it really pop. Just a thought
  • Loved Kat's shout out to Tom Bergeron as well as the tablets on the tables and the entire "Tweet a Drink" to your favorite celeb. I guess the critics need to get everyone bombed for real and virtually to keep the tension in the room at bay.
  • I don't watch New Girl, but, does Jake Johnson always sport the just-rolled-out-of-bed look? Don't dig it, sorry Jake. 
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Dramatic Series: Jonathan Banks for Better Call Saul. Craig T. Nelson and Ben Mendelsohn were TOTALLY gypped. 
  • Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series: Lorraine Toussaint for Orange is the New Black.  Did her speech get cut off on your TV?
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series: TJ Miller from Silicon Valley shoved food and drink in his mouth and chewed for a good :15 seconds. My Mom (and my husband) would totally disapprove of such behavior. I disapproved of his bling and I guess the censors disapproved of pretty much everything he said with or without his mouth full. All I know is, I hope they changed that foam microphone thing after him, it had to be NASTY! Filled with food goo. Ewwww
  • Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series-Allison Janney for Mom, she looked sad or embarrassed when she was walking up to accept, but then she planted a 10 second smooch on James Corden which was funny and super awkward. James got VERY excited if you know what I mean. Not sure if it was real or not, but he made it all look good. I'm loving James Corden. The guy's hilarious! Look out Colbert, if you can't get the job done at 11:30, James DEFINITELY can!
  • I really think I need to watch Veep
  • Best Guest Performance in a Comedy Series-Bradley Whitford for Transparent. He was awesome in that one, well deserved. Josh Charles didn't look too happy about his own loss in this category. I hated his Amy Schumer/FNL/rape thing, so I'm sort of glad he didn't win.
  • Best Guest Performer in a Drama-Sam Elliot for Justified. That guy has amazing hair and quite a voice, but where were his eyeballs? Did he have any? Odd
  • According to the critics, the Most Exciting New Series will be Lifetime's UnREAL, which premieres tonight and I will be watching!
  • Louis 13 Genius Award went to a very botoxed looking Seth MacFarlane. I'm not  huge Seth fan. The guy bugs me. 
  • Whoa Charlize Theron's dress was prettty sexy but Sherry Applebee's dress was TOTALLY see through and I think I saw full nipplage on both boobs. She's on the show unREAL but I can tell you that hers are REAL (but not that spectacular)
  • Best Reality Show went to Shark Tank. I forgot that Mark Burnett was one of the creators. Of course I respect Mark Burnett, he is behind my favorite reality show of all time, Survivor, but his whole God thing with Roma Downey freaks me out. I was interested to hear that over $66 million dollars has been invested via Shark Tank and over 10,000 jobs have been created. Not sure who vets those facts, but they sound impressive.
  • Best Reality Competition Series-Face Off WOW...that's a shocker. The shows entire table seemed equally as shocked to hear their names as I did. 
  • Best Reality Show Host-HOW IS JEFF PROBST NOT NOMINATED!!!! Kat Deeley won. She is the HOST of the show for God sakes. Kat thanked Dick Clark. He is still dead to the best of my knowledge, right? 
  • Best Actress in a Movie/Limited Series: Frances McDormand for Olive Kitteridge but she wasn't there, so they moved on pretty quickly and then to move on even more quickly a few winners without any fanfare other than some on screen shout outs:
  • Best Actor in a Movie/Limited Series-David Olyelowo/Nightingale
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Movie/Limited Series - Bill Murray/Olive Kitteridge
  • Best Supporting Actress in a Movie/Limited Series-Sarah Paulson/American Horror Story
  • Best Animated Series-Archer
  • Best Talk Show-The Daily Show
  • Terry Crews and Chelsea Peretti-came out giggling and were all over the place. No idea if she was or wasn't on drugs but they joked about it twice. I think they were both on something. I sound like a TV Mom..."are you on something?"
  • Best Movie Made for TV Movie - Bessie 
  • Best Limited Series - Olive Kitteridge. The producer looked like she came from a pool hall to accept her award.
  • Traci Ross Ellis actually had decent hair last night when she presented with Johnny Galecki who ironically had freaky hair...I wonder if she invited him to present with her to make her look good. Good strategy. 
  • Loved the TV Show In Memoriam segment. All the shows we lost this year with the soundtrack of  Boys to Men's "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye to Yesterday" We salute: Boardwalk Empire, How I Met Your Mother, Cougar Town, The Game, True Blood, Hot in Cleveland, The Colbert Report, Justified, Nurse Jackie, Parks and Rec, Glee, Newsroom, Revenge, Parenthood, Sons of Anarchy, Two and a Half Men, Mad Men and of course Letterman. LOVED THAT!
  • Did you see the Interviews by the pool,  were those extras at the bar?  They had to be right? It was so weird, especially that blond chick. She's probably SO pissed off that we didn't see her face, just her hair extensions and butt implants. Nice work though.
  • Angie Harmon's dress...hideous...ponytail awesome
  • Would you call what Josh Holloway was sporting, a mullet?
  • Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Amy Schumer...UGH, hate her. Good news though, she wasn't there to annoy me
  • Best Actor in a Comedy Series (that really isn't a comedy) Jeffery Tambor for Transparent. Good speech
  • Anna Faris is so odd looking. No way she and Chris Pratt stay together forever. No way.
  • Best Actor in a Drama Series-Bob Oedenkirk...REALLY??? No F'ing Way
  • Best Actress in a Drama Series-COOOOKIE!!!!! Taraji B. Henson, super cool dress. Everyone in the room was pretty stoked for her win.
  • Best Comedy Series-Silicon Valley...REALLY? Not happy with that one at all.
  • Best Drama Series-The Americans...WOW...That was a major shocker, but I'm cool with it. Great season this year.
  • Did I miss the award for most bingeworthy show?
THE OTHER STUFF 
-I'm adding two shows to my Bingeworthy list...Empire and Outlander. Both of them just finished their first seasons and both of them are DEFINITELY worthy of your attention. Saturday nights season finale of Outlander was one of the most disturbing, brilliantly acted things I've seen in a while. I'm still reeling from Saturday's finale and I think it will stay with me for a while. DEFINITELY put this one on your radar! 

-Not much juicy TV news over the weekend. One BIG bit of news, Empire's 2nd Season will premiere on 9/23. Write it in pen, put a reminder in your phones, cancel your plans and be ready guys. For anyone who's not up on Empire yet...Summer homework...CATCH UP!

-Great news Nashville fans...Teddy's not coming back! Yeah! His storylines were always ridiculous, now if we can insure that Micah doesn't return either, we're in GREAT shape for next season! 

Monday's Trivia Question: Name the show Roma Downey starred in and her characters name. 

Monday's Bonus Trivia Question: 15 years ago yesterday, the first episode of Survivor aired. Name the winner of Season 1. 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment