Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Game of Thrones, Nurse Jackie and of course...unREAL!

THE ANSWER TO BOTH OF MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTIONS: Roma Downey played Monica on Touched by an Angel and Richard Hatch was the first winner of Survivor.
FIRST FIVE:Mike O'Dea, Bill McLaughlin, Bob Kaplan, Karen Feldman & Dan Realson
HONORABLE MENTION: Helen Morales

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
What Would You Do?-ABC 1.2/4.5
Dateline-NBC 1.1/5.2
20/20-ABC 1.0/4.4
America's Got Talent-NBC 1.0/4.6
Shark Tank-ABC .9/4.3

Friday's Cable Top 5
NHL Playoffs-NBC Sports 1.2/3.2
Alaskan Bush People-Discovery 1.1/3.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .6/1.5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .6/1.7
Bob's Burgers-Adult Swim .5/1.2

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Premiere Boxing Champions-Spike 28,000 Tweets
Marriage Boot Camp: Reality Stars-WE 10,000 Tweets
Impact Wrestling-Destination America 10,000 Tweets
K.C. Undercover-Disney Channel 5,000 Tweets
Nightingale-HBO 2,000 Tweets

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Dateline-NBC 1.0/6.1
A.D.: The Bible Continues-NBC .9/4.8
America's Funniest Home Videos-ABC .9/4.5
Family Guy-FOX .9/2.1
60 Minutes-CBS .8/7.9

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Game of Thrones-HBO 170,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 48,000 Tweets
The Critics Choice Television Awards-A&E 45,000 Tweets
Marilyn: The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe-Lifetime 12,000 Tweets
Golan the Insatiable-FOX 1,000 Tweets

Top 5 DVR'ed Programs for the Week of 5/11/15-5/17/15
Modern Family-ABC from a 2.7 to a 4.6 (+70%)
Scandal-ABC from a 2.3 to a 3.9 (+70%)
Grey's Anatomy-ABC from a 2.2 to a 3.6 (+64%)
Blacklist-NBC from a 1.6 to a 2.9 (+81%)
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D-ABC from a 1.3 to a 2.5 (+92%)

THE SHOWS


Game of Thrones
I don't know about you, but I HATE the entire white walker storyline and quite frankly, unless there's a mega secret stash of dragon glass somewhere, the white walkers just win and that super creepy dude is the Iron King. The white walkers are way too scary for me, so from here on in, I'm refusing to watch any white walker parts of the show. No judging, I'm just not going to do it. I sleep so little as it is, do you want me on Ambien too? Now...I do LOVE Tyrion and Dani. I knew I would and they really need their own spin off. Danaryion. Sounds good, doesn't it. Just the two of them together chatting, drinking wine forever. You know you'd watch. Tyrion came up with the best option for Jorah. Dani spared him but also banished him. He'll be back. Dani's keeping Tyrion alive and close. Smart move, but we knew they couldn't have her kill him. So, how is it that I felt bad for Cersei when she had to lick the water off the floor? Karma's a b*tch and she deserves it all but seeing her looking so gross and assuming she stinks and is sitting in her own pee and licking water off the floor, I did...I felt bad for her. I didn't understand any of the Aya stuff, did you? Sansa finally got a bit of good news...Bran's alive. Reek/Theon didn't kill him, but we knew that even though we haven't seen him in a while. Now Sansa's got her second or third wind and she'll figure something out that hopefully involves the ripping out of Ramsey Bolton's eyeballs and manparts. I think you can live without all of those. 

Nurse Jackie
I'm officially bored with Nurse Jackie and want it to be over. Now Grace has disappeared, Thor got married, Zoey and Carrie went to Soul Cycle, Monk's dying of brain cancer, and the hospital is officially closing. Come on, let's end it already and if possible can we end it on a good note, please. I really need Jackie to save the hospital and for Akalidis to forgive her.  The Norwegian dude spilled the beans about his deal with Jackie so things are going to still get worse before they get better.

unREAL
Okay...who watched and who's already hooked on this one? I don't even watch The Bachelor or The Bachelorette, but this shows awesome.  I knew it would be. Quinn's already one of those truly, truly love to hate characters. Do you remember her from Entourage? She and Ari Gold went AT it! Rachel's from a show I loved on the CW called Life Unexpected, glad to see her again and loving her character already. If you aren't hooked yet, you need to be. The show takes a look at what goes on behind the scenes and during the scenes on a dating competition show, but this is a scripted drama that pulls the curtains back on these types of shows. I wonder how many of my Bachelor/Bachelorette lovers are in shock this AM after seeing what really goes on during the making of these shows. I wonder if it will in any way impact ratings and viewership in general for the genre. I'm SO in. I DVR'ed Bear Grylls The Island and I'll catch up on that one when I can. Of course the only interesting Monday night shows are both on at the same time.
THE OTHER STUFF

-Nielsen released the Biggest TV Moments on Twitter yesterday: 
Top Sports Event: Super Bowl-NBC 25.1 MM Tweets
Top Special Event: Grammy Awards-CBS 13.4MM Tweets
Top Series Episode: SNL 40th Anniversary-NBC 1.3MM Tweets
Top Series Premiere: Walking Dead-AMC 1.3MM Tweets
Most Tweeted Series Episode:Empire-FOX 2.4MM Tweets
Highest Average Impressions Per Series Episode-The Bachelor-ABC 32MM impressions
Highest Tweets Per Author During a Special Event-Kids Choice Awards-NICK17 Tweets Per Author

-Well, when I'm wrong, I own it. She went with Caitlyn, not Brittany which was my pick for Bruce Jenner's transformed self. Interesting that she went with the sound but used a "C" instead of a "K" I wonder what that's about? I haven't read any of the articles, but of course I've been staring at all the photos all night. ESPN and the ESPY's will be honoring Caitlyn with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award on 7/15. More gold for Bruce/Caitlyn...this time...RATINGS GOLD

-Yesterday, I read that FOX and Howard Gordon were working on a 24 spin off with some other male lead. WHAT? 24 is and will always be JACK BAUER. Highly unlikely anyone else could ever save the universe without eating, sleeping or peeing like our boy Jack. Jack is bulletproof. Jack can do unimaginable things with a cellphone and his super emotionless pal, Chloe. The thought of trying to find a new Jack Bauer is ludicrous. I know you need ratings, FOX. I know you're trying to come up with something, but this isn't it. Call me, I'm sure I can think of some ideas for you guys if you get desperate.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Entourage, the movie premieres on Friday. How about some Entourage trivia? Name Eric's on again/off again love.

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment