Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Deadliest Catch, Tyrant & The Agent


THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 
Show #1 Julie Chen
Show #2 Nora, Kevin, Sarah, Kitty, Tommy & Justin 
Answer: Big Brothers & Sisters

FIRST FIVES: Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Bill McLaughlin, Alex Nagler & Brian Gould
HONORABLE MENTION: Evan Schweitzer 

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 2.1/7.1
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 1.5/5.0
Running Wild with Bear Grylls-NBC 1.4/3.8
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.0/4.8
Scorpion-CBS .9/5.1

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.4/2.9
WWE-USA 1.3/3.9
She's Got Game-VH1 1.0/1.9
Real Housewives of the OC-Bravo .8/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.8 

Tuesday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 174,000 Tweets
Teen Wolf-MTV 169,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta-VH1 87,000 Tweets
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX 86,000 Tweets
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 30,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS

Deadliest Catch
If it's not one thing it's another when it's crab season on the Bering Sea. On the crab, off the crab, great weather or an 800 mile ice pack coming at you. Your boats running great or you're dealing with a fire in the hull or a cracked rotor. Your crew respects you, like captains Sig, Jonathan and Keith. Or, you're a new captain dying for the respect of your crew, like Jake Anderson and Josh Harris. Greenhorns that kick ass, and greenhorns that can't even kick because they lied to you about having a messed up knee. Puss filled fingers, chain smoking, huge ice chunks that need to be smashed with sledge hammers, or a slick deck you can have some fun with. Cigarettes, sleeplessness, lost pots, stolen buoys, and those hovering smelly freaky birds following you everywhere. Sure the money's great but seriously, it's a BRUTAL super smelly super dangerous life. I'm glad these guys do it all so we can watch, but I'm also glad that I'm in my nice warm comfy bed watching them, cause I'd never make it a minute up there.

Tyrant
I'm still into Tyrant. I never write about it because it's rare that I watch it in real time, but last night, I was up and watching live. There's so much going on at this point. Pretty sure everyone but the Abudeen masses know that Barry/Bassam is alive. Sammy found out, Abby found out, all the people that helped BB get out of the desert alive know the truth and I'm pretty sure that even Jamal knows that his brother is the guy he secretly working with on the other end of the phone. I'm surprised that everyone on the streets don't recognize the guy they are all fighting for. There are massive paintings all over the place of the guys face. You can't miss him plus he's the only guy that DOESN'T look middle eastern, so he's easy to spot. It makes no sense, but I love Jamal and Sammy, so I'm still enjoying this one, but as one of my faithful readers always says, "Where is this thing going?"

The Agent
New one on Esquire and it's exactly what you'd think. Reality show following football agents around trying to sign them before they make the big time. Jerry McGuire without Tom Cruise or Cuba Gooding. It's pretty good and definitely interesting but with all the stuff we're hearing about the NFL and all the thugs that play in it, it's hard to to root for these kids when odds ar that most of these kids are ungrateful, irresponsible, idiots who will get arrested, blow their dough and get addicted to drugs. I'm going to keep watching because my son liked the show, but it would help if one of the agents or one of the players was hot. Just saying.

THE OTHER STUFF

If I wasn't so lazy, I'd go back in my archives and find out exactly when I said it, but I know FOR A FACT that when Seth Meyers started his late night talk show a year or so ago, I suggested he start the show at his desk like he did on SNL during his Weekend Update segments. Wellllll again, I had the right idea. On Monday night, Seth changed things up and had Seth start the show off at his desk. Of course I had Monday nights show in my DVR and checked it out last night. Guess what…I LOVE IT! SO MUCH BETTER!!! Seth just seems do much more comfortable and funnier at that desk. I don't want to say I TOLD YOU SO, NBC, but I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT SOMETIMES!!! I'm hoping someone out there starts to take me and my ideas WAY more seriously.

-Well, glad Showtime delivered the news of her shows cancellation to Lisa Kudrow AFTER Jen & Justin's wedding. No need to mess up a fun night out with good friends, good food and Howard Stern. Showtime canceled Lisa's show Web Therapy, but she's still nominated for an Emmy for The Comeback so all's not lost. Plus she just partied with Orlando Bloom, Jimmy Kimmel and Howard. Life definitely doesn't suck. 

Renewals: Whose Line is it Anyway (CW) Penn & Teller: Fool Us (CW) & The Last Ship (TBS) Ray Donovan (Showtime) and Masters of Sex (Showtime) This one should have been cancelled. Still trying to find a format I'm comfortable with to report these every day. I'm not loving any of um. Anyone have a good idea? 

-Got some great submissions for my MISSING EMMY COMEDY NOMINATIONS yesterday. This week we're still focusing on the Best Actor and Actress in a Comedies and Dramas.  For anyone who hasn't been reading, or who's just back from vacation, here's the scoop: 

I wanted to put my own spin on The Emmy's this year. I'm planning on resurrecting my Emmy Pool, but I wanted to do something different too.  Here's the deal: Submit the names of an actor that in your opinion deserved an Emmy Nomination for Best Actor in a Comedy but didn't get one. Today is THE LAST DAY for this one, tomorrow we will do Actress. I'm going to take all your submissions and have you guys vote on a winner . Of course I'll need some participation here. If I don't get enough entries, I'll bag the idea completely. Here are this years Emmy nominated Actors for reference:

Anthony Anderson - Black-ish
Louis CK-Louis
Don Cheadle-House of Lies
Will Forte-Last Man on Earth
Matt LeBlanc-Episodes
William H. Macy-Shameless
Jeffrey Tambor-Transparent 

Wednesday's Trivia Question
Thanks for all the great feedback on this month's theme.  For anyone NOT paying attention or who has been on vacation last week, here's how this works. I'm giving you the character names of two shows whose titles go together. Here's the example:
Show #1: Annalise Keating, Nate Lahey, Wes Gibbins, Connor Walsh &  Asher Millstone
Show #2: Jessica Fletcher
Answer: How to Get Away With Murder She Wrote...GET IT?
Okay Good

Show # 1 LL Cool J & Chrissy Teigen
Show #2 Admiral Adama, President Roslin, Number Six & Dr. Baltar
Answer: 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment