Thursday, August 13, 2015

Big Brother, Kevin From Work, Flipping Out & Suits

To all my faithful readers, I'd like to make it even easier for you to receive any and all WWTM posts. If you use the SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL box on the right, (you must be on your laptop or desktop and not mobile) you'll be able to get the ratings, program reviews, news and the trivia question the second I post the blog each morning. Also, I really need to move away from using my work email to send out the blog everyday. So please, SUBSCRIBE BY EMAIL! Thanks in advance!!!

(I REALLY NEED A NEW LOGO, don't I?)


THE ANSWER TO WEDNESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 
Show # 1 LL Cool J & Chrissy Teigen
Show #2 Admiral Adama, President Roslin, Number Six & Dr. Baltar
Answer: Lip Sync Battlestar Galactica 

FIRST FIVES: Brian Gould, Brett Blattman, Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea & Dave DeSocio
HONORABLE MENTION: Elke Raskob

THE NUMBERS 

Tuesdays Broadcast Top 5
America's Got Talent-NBC 2.5/11.4
Hollywood Game Night-NBC 1.4/5.0
Zoo-CBS 1.2/6.6
NCIS-CBS 1.0/8.4
NCIS New Orleans-CBS .8/6.0

Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 1.4/3.0
Haves and the Have Nots-OWN 1.0/3.1
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Deadliest Catch-Discovery .8/2.1

Tuesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
Pretty Little Liars-ABC Family 1,614,000 Tweets
Bad Girls Club-Oxygen 94,000 Tweets
America's Got Talent-NBC 42,000 Tweets
Hard Knocks-HBO 39,000 Tweets
E: 60-ESPN 2,000 Tweets


Jon Stewart's final show delivered 5.1 viewers once you add in the Live +3 numbers which was a 48% increase in audience from the live number. Soooo everyone watched Jon say goodbye but nobody watched Jon say goodbye AND the commercials. So much for that encore spot in everyones Daily Show finale packages.

I've told you about my obsession with the Alaskan Bush People, seems I have something in common with a bunch of men. #1 show on TV for men of all ages last Friday with the ABP Special. Nearly 4 million viewers. The Alaskan Bush People are must see TV at this point. I can't explain it, you just need to see them for yourself. 

THE SHOWS 
Big Brother
  • New hat for Vanessa, not loving it
  • BB on WLNY for us New Yorkers tomorrow night. A Geno-less Jet game is on WCBS. 
  • I am constantly feeling the need to remind us all about Becky's face and the train
  • Steve is OUT OF HIS MIND. Are his parents concerned?
  • I really like the mirrored credenza in the house. Do you think I can find that at West Elm?
  • How much eye shadow do we think Vanessa goes through in a week?
  • Jackie's knight outfit is finally gone. Was BB playing stripper music while she stripped it off? YES…yes they were. James was a little TOO excited by it but there were no dollar bills around for him to bestow on her. 
  • Dr. John the Dentist Detective aka Johnny Mac will win this game. I called Seth Meyers and his desk, I'm calling this one too. 
  • Seriously Steve is out of his mind. 
  • Was there a bird sitting on a chair in the living room?
  • Nooooooo Liz is falling for Austin? Really? Julia doesn't look too happy about it. Actually she and I feel the same way. 
  • Veto timeeeee
  • Becky got houseguests choice and chose VANESSA…stupid, stupid move Shelli. STUPID
  • Meg, again, reminds us that she's from New York. I will remind her that there are squirrels in New York. 
  • James walked in on Jackie on the toilet. NOW THAT'S EMBARRASSING
  • We've seen the comic book matching game Tarzan competition before. 
  • Puma and Mr. Perfection, tonight…on FOX starring Clelli
  • Ewwww does Austin have B.O.
  • Vanessa seemed to kick ass at the veto comp. Remember she has to remember cards at the Poker table for a living so she SHOULD be good at this one. 
  • OMG STEVE won the VETO!!! 
  • James + kitty hat = hilarious.
  • Vanessa is GOOD at spotting bullish*t. 
  • Meg's Mrs. Kotter glasses crack me up EVERY time I see them. 
  • Becky's drinking alone? She can actually do whatever she wants…she hit a train with her face. DRINK
  • Loving Becky's game. Thought she was an under the radar floater…NOT
  • Don't you think that Becky looks like Jennifer Garner if Jennifer Garner got hit by a train?
  • Becky's plans went exactly as she had hoped. Steve off…Vanessa on. Buh Bye Vanessa. 
  • Live tomorrow at 9pm double eviction…set your DVR or tune in to WLNY!!!
Kevin From Work 
I'd been seeing the promos for Kevin From Work for a while. I liked the title and the premise a lot. Who hasn't fallen for a guy/girl at work? I watched the first two episodes last night. Nothing SO different or unique really. Kevin's not super hot or anything but he's in love with Audrey who's pretty cute and had no idea Kevin has feelings for her. Audrey has a boyfriend who's a moron. They work in an office together surrounded by a bunch of misfits. Kevin has a weird best friend, lives with his  annoying sister and now thanks to some drunk letter writing, the woman he loves and shares a wall with, now knows his true feelings which makes work super awkward. The show's okay, I didn't give it a season pass because I'm a superficial loser and need eye candy to hold my interest and this show is lacking in the eye candy department.  I will say that Audrey's cute, but she's never going to be naked…it's ABC Family, so I probably won't go back for more. No judging please.

Flipping Out
I haven't hidden the fact that I'm not a Gage fan, and we all know Jeff Lewis's ability to provoke and push buttons, but he really did go over the line with Gage. Gage was PISSED OFF. Can't believe I'm even saying this, but I was on his side this time. In the midst of all the fighting and button pushing, the entire team had to watch their toilet paper usage as the new house has severe plumbing problems. Not sure if it was clever editing or a complete coincidence that at the same time Jeff's house had trouble with the pipes, Brian Austin Green's house did too. Loved Jeff's face when Brian told him the basketball court needed to be purple for the Lakers. Of course that never came to fruition because in the midst of the Megan Fox/Brian Austin Green renovation, Megan decided to sell the house and move elsewhere. Brian wasn't thrilled at all, but he does get to sleep next to Megan Fox so I'm guessing he's not making waves. Did you ever notice that every single meal at Jeff Lewis Design is takeout? 

Suits
Add yet another person to the list of people that know the Mike Ross secret, shall we call them  PTN's or MRG's? The group is so large at this point that it should probably have a name or an acronym or something. Claire, the chick Mike dated before he became a paid fake lawyer was back. In real life, Troian Bellasario and Patrick J. Adam are engaged to be married, in Suits, she's another lawyer who just screwed herself by not revealing to anyone that he's just an ex-bike messenger. She may not have caused so trouble for Mike and the firms business but she definitely had an effect on Mike and his personal life. My prediction: Mike and Rachel break up again, get back together again, break up, get back etc. Jessica was very busy this episode. Managing Louis and Harvey and Jack and Mike and those crazy sleeves that HAVE to get wet in the ladies room or stuck in the keyboard or something. How can anyone NOT say "great sleeves" Jessica or "great dress" or SOMETHING? Harvey told Louis his secret and of course Louis recorded it on his handy dandy Dictaphone thing and OF COURSE Donna listened to it and made Louis fix the situation or she was out. There may be client privilege at Pearson, Spector, Litt but there's definitely not co-worker/friend privilege. However hard to believe, I still love this show and can't wait to watch it every week. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Stephen Colbert's first guest? Jeb Bush…too watch or not to watch, that is the question.

-I don't watch Walking Dead or Chicago Med, so I have no idea who Laurie Holden is, but for some reason the fact that she's leaving Chicago Med  was HUGE news. I wonder if there was 

-Renewals: Sister Wives (TLC)

-Got some great submissions for my MISSING EMMY COMEDY NOMINATIONS yesterday. Now it's time for the Best Actress in a Comedies category.  For anyone who hasn't been reading, or who's just back from vacation, here's the scoop: 

I wanted to put my own spin on The Emmy's this year. I'm planning on resurrecting my Emmy Pool, but I wanted to do something different too.  Here's the deal: Submit the names of an actor that in your opinion deserved an Emmy Nomination for Best Actress in a Comedy but didn't get one. I'm going to take all your submissions and have you guys vote on a winner . Of course I'll need some participation here. If I don't get enough entries, I'll bag the idea completely. Here are this years Emmy nominated Actors for reference:

Lisa Kudrow-The Comeback
Lily Tomlin-Grace & Frankie
Amy Schumer-Inside Amy Schumer
Edie Falco-Nurse Jackie
Amy Poehler-Parks & Recreation
Juliea Louis-Dreyfus-Veep


Thursday's Trivia Question: 
I don't think you need the whole shpeel at this point. Soooo here you go: 
Show #1 Cartman, Kenny, Stan & Kyle
Show #2 Leslie, Ben, Ron, April, Andy, Donna, & Ann
Answer?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment