Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Odd Mom Out Finale & UnReal Finale



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: 

Show #1: Steve Douglas, Chip Douglas, Robbie Douglas, Ernie Douglas & Uncle Charley
Show#2: Jax Teller, Gemma Teller, Tig, Chibs, Juice, Wayne & Tara
Answer? My Three Sons of Anarchy (GET IT?)
FIRST FIVE:Dave DeSocio, Mike O'Dea, Mitch Klein, Phyllis DiCesare & Bobby Aguilera
HONORABLE MENTION:Elke Raskob 

THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Dateline-NBC 1.0/4.9
20/20-ABC .8/3.7
America's Got Talent-NBC .8/3.6
What Would You Do-ABC .8/3.5
Shark Tank-ABC .7/4.0

Friday's Cable Top 5
Descendants-Disney 1.4/6.5
Alaskan Bush People: Lost-Discovery .8/3.0
Family Guy-Adult Swim .8/2.0
Bunkd-Disney .8/4.2
Family Guy-Adult Swim .6/1.6

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Descendants-Disney Channel 41,000 Tweets
Degrassi-TeenNick 37,000 Tweets
Bring it!-Lifetime 21,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 7,000 Tweets
Bunk'd-Disney Channel 5,000 Tweets
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-BS 1.8/6.2
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 1.1/3.5
60 Minutes-CBS .9/8.3
American Ninja Warrior-NBC .9/3.3
Save My Life-ABC

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Basketball Wives LA-VH1 55,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 54,000 Tweets
Bachelor in Paradise-ABC 36,000 Tweets
True Detective-HBO 22,000 Tweets
I Am Cait-E! 15,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS

Odd Mom Out Finale
A bit of a let down, I really thought the finale would be much better than it was. There were only 2 good moments. 1) Andy and Jill dressed EXACTLY like Andi and Ducky in Pretty in Pink. 2) Jill came to her senses and made up with Vanessa. As I predicted, Jill found out about Lex and his admin (who, for the record is NOT Chinese) and then Brooke found out about Lex and his admin and then Lex and Andy had a huge blow out and Jill and Brooke had a huge blowout and Candice finally revealed that Rinaldo the psychic is her lover. Well, I didn't see the Rinaldo thing coming but I did get the rest right. I did find humor in the name of Jill's charity. NACHO. New Yorkers Against Child HOOD Obesity. Of course she got rid of the "Y" split childhood and named the charity after one of the beloved snack foods of most overweight children. Before Jill left the party, called Brooke out on her charity's ridiculous acronym and for that, I cheered. Hoping the show gets renewed even though the series lacked consistency in its hilarity. Freshman series have kinks sometimes, I have faith in Jill. Bravo, Frances, please give her a second season! 

UnReal Finale 
Unlike Odd Mom Out, UnReal was consistently awesome. What a fun season and what a crazy finale. I don't know if I can even explain what happened.  Adam and Rachel didn't run away together and both ended up alone. At first I thought they'd both end up with someone they didn't really love, but Quinn and Rachel manipulated Enchanted's viewers and the awesome writers manipulated all of us. It was brilliant, but now I have more questions for Season 2: Will Rachel take a shower and invest in some waterproof mascara ? Will Quinn smile? Will either of them find true love? Will Adam and Jeremy be back? Will someone tell me what Jeremy said to Rachel's Mom? My DVR cut the last minute out! Will Chet and the dog be back? Do Quinn and Rachel actually "love" one another or are they both such master manipulators that they need each other to THINK they do? When does Season 2 premiere? I know I keep telling you all, but I really need you to listen. Go binge this series. It's over, you can binge the entire first season. Do it now. It's just like reading a super juicy, trashy novel on vacation. Guilty pleasure!

THE OTHER STUFF


-Got some great submissions for my MISSING EMMY NOMINATION idea yesterday. I'm going to keep the Best Drama category open until Wednesday, so get your picks in. If you were out yesterday, or didn't read the purple section, see below:

I wanted to put my own spin on The Emmy's this year. I'm planning on resurrecting my Emmy Pool, but I wanted to do something different too. Of course Entertainment Weekly had the same idea. Great minds, what can I say? Here's the deal: Submit the names of any Primetime Drama that in your opinion deserved an Emmy Nomination but didn't get one. I'm going to take all your submissions and have you guys vote on a winner . Of course I'll need some participation here. If I don't get enough entries, I'll bag the idea completely. Here are this years Emmy nominated dramas for reference. 
Better Call Saul
Downton Abbey
Game of Thrones
Homeland
House of Cards
Mad Men
Orange is the New Black 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Soooo here's how this week works. I'm giving you the character names of two shows whose titles go together. Here's the example:
Show #1: Annalise Keating, Nate Lahey, Wes Gibbins, Connor Walsh &  Asher Millstone
Show #2: Jessica Fletcher
Answer: How to Get Away With Murder She Wrote...GET IT?
Okay Good...
Here's Tuesday's: 
Show #1:Gloria, Jay, Phil, Claire, Mitchell & Cam 
Show#2: Elyse, Steven,  Alex, Mallory & Jennifer
Answer?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment