Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grandfathered, The Grinder, Below Deck & Best Time Ever



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Seattle is NOT a state people!!! Grey's Anatomy takes place in the STATE of Washington!!!
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Andrea Jody, He Who Shall Not Be Named & Dave DeSocio
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.6/14.8
The Voice-NBC 3.3/11.8
Blindspot-NBC 2.6/9.0
Life in Pieces-CBS 2.0/8.9
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 1.9/11/7

Monday's Cable Top 5 
NFL Football-ESPN 5.1/13.5
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 1.4/2.4
WWE-USA 1.2/3.4
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.2/2.1
She's Got Game-VH1 .9/1.5

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 137,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood 117,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 54,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 86,000 Tweets
Daily Show with Trevor Noah-Comedy Central 29,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS

Grandfathered & The Grinder 
I'd seen the pilots of both Grandfathered and The Grinder a while ago. I loved The Grinder so much I watched it 3x. Every time I wanted someone else to see it, I watched it with them.  Here's the thing, John Stamos and Rob Lowe on the same night in the same hour on the same channel. Whose brilliant casting and scheduling idea was that? Whoever it was…THANK YOU. Rob Lowe plays an actor who played a lawyer on a hit show. The show's ended and now he's home in Idaho with his brother and father who are both REAL lawyers. Rob takes over his brother's case and decides to become a lawyer too. I did Google it, there are states in which you don't have to go to law school to practice law, unfortunately Idaho isn't one of them but it's TV so we'll worry about that later. Rob's gorgeous and hilarious and while William Devane and Fred Savage aren't even close in the looks department, they're both really funny in the show. Grandfathered's exactly what you'd think it is, John Stamos is a hot 50 year old restaurateur who finds out he's not only got a son, but a granddaughter as well. We already know that John Stamos is great with little girls (NOT IN THAT WAY) and this show is super sweet. It's a good hour. 

Below Deck
I know I keep telling you this, but every time I watch Below Deck I wish more people watched it. If you watch all the other ridiculous reality shows you need to watch this  one too. Eddie, my favorite guy on the Eros, found out his girlfriend cheated on him and he's losing his sh*t big time. He can't concentrate, his hair's a mess, he's losing jet ski's and finally cut the idiot girlfriend loose at the end of last nights episode. I don't know why he's so devastated, now he can sleep with everyone on and off the boat. Girls love Eddie, now he can reap the Below Deck benefits. Chef Leon refused to cook anything the guests, who are paying his salary, wanted. Looks like he's out next week and Ben the crazy chef from Season's 1 & 2 is back. Rocky is truly manic or something, she's just mental. She decided out of the blue to make whipped cream from scratch and paint a bikini on Connie with it. I never think of that when I've got nothing better to do and I guess Connie has no problem with America seeing her naked with pixels on her nipples.  I don't understand where Captain Lee is when all of these shenanigans are going down. He only seems to see the f*ck ups during a charter, but where does he go when he has a day off and why don't we ever see THAT on camera? Also, does he ever call his wife? Everyone else calls their loved ones, not Captain Lee. Hmmmm

Best Time Ever
Still a bit of a train wreck, still some doosh chills but less this week than last week. If you know who this weeks surprise announcer was, let me know and I'll throw you some bonus points. I'm so confused by Nicole Scherzinger. We know she's not dumb from her X-Factor days, so why is she playing dumb? I know why she's there, purely for the eye candy factor, because NPH really doesn't need her for anything else. I have a question though. For the past 2 weeks, family members shock their families with surprise performances or stunts which is fun, but what I want to know is when NPH says that Joe Shmo contacted BTE to pull the prank off, how did he/she do that? Facebook? Twitter? Supposedly the singalong families also reached out. Is there an email or phone number? I want to do the singalong and win the thousand bucks how would I go about that? 

THE OTHER STUFF

-Matt Damon did Roll Call on James Corden last night. Only 3 celebs have done Roll Call so far. Tom Hanks, Arnold Schwarzeneger and Matt Damon. Interestingly enough, Matt and Tom were in the same movie and both performed this movie in the Roll Call. Name the movie for some bonus points. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9A5CG1lISE

-The Daily Show with Trevor Noah reached 7.5 million viewers across alllllll of Viacom's networks . On Comedy Central, ratings for RA18-34 increased 41% and the median age dropped by 6 years to 46.

- E renewed WAGS.  No clue.  Anyone watching it? I knew that WAGS was an acronym for  Wives and Girlfriends of Sports people but never seen it. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question:  NAME THAT STATE WEEK-DAY 3…What state does the new ABC drama, Blood and Oil take place in? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment