Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Scream Queens, The Muppets, The Best Time Ever and The Fast Begins



THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Chuck Woolery was the host of many game shows back in the day. Surprised at how many you guys knew. Of course there was Love Connection, The Dating Game, Wheel of Fortune, Scrabble & Slingo
FIRST FIVES: Bill McLaughlin, Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Ryan Smith & Nicole Zittman
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 4.5/17.8
The Voice Premiere-NBC 3.5/12.1
Blindspot-NBC 3.1/10.6
Life in Pieces-CBS 2.7/11.5
Scorpion-CBS 2.2/10.9

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Monday Night Football-ESPN 4.7/12.4
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 1.4/2.5
WWE-USA 1.2/3.3
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.1/2.0
Real Housewives of O-1.1/2.0

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 161,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 143,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 94,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 92,000 Tweets
Minority Report-FOX 27,000 Tweets

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 8.5/22.9
Football Night in America-NBC 7.0/19.8
NFL Overrun-FOX 6.8/19.1
Primetime Emmy Awards-FOX 3.2/10.3
Big Brother-CBS 1.8/6.7

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Fear the Walking Dead-AMC 3.3/6.6
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/1.9
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.7
Basketball Wives-VH1 .6/1.3
Strain-FX .6/1.4
Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Emmy Awards-FOX 1,063, 000 Tweets
WWE Night of Champions-PPV 267,000 Tweets
Fear the Walking Dead-AMC 46,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 22,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 22,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS
Scream Queens
I realllllly wanted to like Scream Queens. I never got in on Pretty Little Liars and from what I'd seen and read I thought this would be the new Pretty Little Liars and I wasn't going to screw up again. So, I sat down and watched. In general, I'm a fan of Ryan Murphy but this show made me feel my age. I don't know if it's just that I don't love scary stuff, especially ANYTHING with the devil in it or what ,but I didn't love Scream Queens. There were things I did like. The outfits (did anyone get a Clueless vibe from some of those outfits?), the sets, the music, Nick Jonas (anyone notice that he seems to be playing secretly gay characters lately) and Arianna Grande, but that's really all I liked. The writing is a lot like Glee. It's fast paced and has a lot of nasty undertones like calling people the deaf Taylor Swift, the Predatory Lez, and White Mammy. Lea Michele was just called "neckbrace." She did wear a hilarious ice cream cone sweater where the ice cream was strategically placed by the boobs. That was funny to me. The cast is solid, especially Jamie Lee Curtis, but honestly, I don't think I'll be watching this one. The hot guy's not hot enough, and something just feels off to me. It's too much of a hybrid maybe. It's not super scary, or super funny. I already feel like I might have a FOMO attack each week by not committing to this one but with so much on my plate TV wise, a freshman in high school AND A NEW PUPPY, hard choices must be made. I'm curious to see the ratings, but either way, I think I'm out on this one guys. Oh…one last note, if you watched and were wondering what Bien Fait meant, it is French for well made. 

The Muppets
I think I'm showing my age when I enjoyed The Muppets more than Scream Queens. I liked the premise. Kermit and all of our old friends produce Miss Piggy's late night talk show. The humor's right up my ally, it's documentary style, has fun cameos and now with Kermit and Piggy broken up, a bit of a new dynamic between the two of them. Interesting that the only female in late night is a puppet. Not sure, but there seemed to be a new/different voice for Piggy. She sounded like a guy to me. Anyone notice? I wonder why Imagine Dragons agreed to perform. That did feel strange to me. I don't know if I'd say The Muppets are  MUST see TV and I didn't give it a Season Pass, but if it works when I make my final decisions, I'd definitely watch it again. 

Best Time Ever
I had to go back again. It's the NPH factor. I'm loyal, I love him and I will probably stick by him for all 8 weeks of his show. I like that he moved his family to NYC and I really want him to stick around. Maybe one day, I'll end up at dinner with him and David,  Kelly and Mark and Andy and Anderson. Now THAT would be the Best Time Ever!  There's still some awkward moments in BTE and I finally figured out why they need Nicole Scherzinger. She's not just the eye candy but she can sing when the guest performers can't. Oy Vey with Bonnie Tyler. Why on earth did she agree to perform? She can't sing "Total Eclipse of the Heart" anymore at all. Thank god Nicole was there. The best part of both weeks episodes was the finale performance. NPH was unbelievable. Not sure how long he practiced that trampoline thing, but he looked like he could go on a trampoline tour when BTE goes on hiatus. He's the best.

THE OTHER STUFF

-Fun fact. I've only watched 1 episode of Law & Order ever.  The one I did watch was the first one my friend Pete directed, but since it freaked me out, I never watched again. I've never watched any other Law & Orders. Not the regular one, SVU, or Criminal Intent. If you're into all of those shows though, the ION network will be your favorite channel. They bought all 3 series and will be running marathons starting today. So if you're home fasting, now you can binge some Law & Order to take your mind off the hunger pangs until the bagels and lox arrive. 

-I saw this bit on Seth Meyers the other day and forgot to post it. I wonder if Seth and Jimmy and Justin were having beers together out at Jimmy's place in the Hamptons and Seth was like "can I borrow Justin for my show, Jimmy?" and Jimmy was like "of course bro, your the best, your my pal, I love you dude. What'd ya say, Just?" and of course Justin said, "No Problem dude, whatever you want me to do…I'm in" Yes this is how my brain works. Anyway…here's the clip.
http://www.nbc.com/late-night-with-seth-meyers/video/justin-timberlakes-new-late-night-theme-songs/2910007?onid=147636#vc147636=1

-Another hilarious bit was on last night's James Cordon show. I'm sure the fact that I have a new puppy made this all funnier but ya gotta admit, this guy's good! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhI3BVxXvG0

-Tonight is BRUTAL. We have The Goldbergs, Black-ish and Nashville. We have Empire and we have Survivor Premiere and Big Brother Finale. I'm going to do my best to watch Empire, Survivor, BB and Goldbergs and watch everything else tomorrow. What will you be watching?

-Anyone fasting…Here's to an easy fast! 


Wednesday's Trivia Question: Who was last nights guest announcer on Best Time Ever? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment