Monday, September 28, 2015

The Eclipse, Blood & Oil & Quantico




THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: I accepted any of the following answers to the question: Where does the Pope Live? Apartment, The Vatican, Vatican City, Rome, Italy. I took um all.


FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Alex Nagler, Brian Gould, Bobby Aguilera & Neil Moffatt
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman


THE NUMBERS 
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Thursday Night Football-CBS 6.0/16.8
Scandal-ABC 3.3/10.2
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.8/9.5
How to Get Away with Murder-ABC 2.6/8.3

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NFL Football-NFL Network 1.4/3.2
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Teen Mom-MTV .9/1.5
Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .7/1.5
Project Runway-Lifetime .6/2.1

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 423,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 325,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-289,000 Tweets
Heroes Reborn-NBC 55,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-Syfy 38,000 Tweets

On Thursday night, Jimmy Kimmel beat Stephen Colbert for the first time and nearly tied Jimmy Fallon in RA1849
Fallon delivered a 1.0
Kimmel delivered a .9
Colbert delivered a .7
Did I not tell you the Late Night wars were going to get insane?
Kimmel had the Scandal lead in on his side last week. Lets see what happens this week.  Trevor Noah's premiere is tonight but he doesn't go head to head so it won't have any impact on what I'll call the 11:35'ers. I have no desire at all to watch Trevor Noah, but I take this role seriously, so OF COURSE, I'll check him out tonight. Viacom's taking his premiere pretty seriously...all of Viacom nets will be broadcasting Noah's premiere. Let's see if that help get him some viewers.

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank Premiere-ABC 5.9/1.6
20/20-ABC 1.3/5.4
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/9.9
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.1/6.2
The Amazing Race-CBS 1.1/5.7

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Bring It!-Lifetime 18,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 12,000 Tweets
Bellator MMA Live-Spike 6,000 Tweets
The Amazing Race-6,000 Tweets
Late Show with Stephen Colbert-CBS 2,000 Tweets 

THE SHOWS 

Blood & Oil
Blood and Oil was on before the moon insanity, and for the first time in years, Sunday's for me, are wide open. Loved Nate on Gossip Girl, loved Sonny Crockett on Miami Vice, loved Dallas both times, so why not check this one out? Is it anything new and different? Not really, but it was definitely enjoyable. Had no idea there was so much going on up in North Dakota. Looked like a baby Vegas or something. The scenery was so amazing I had to check to see where the show was filmed. It takes place in North Dakota, but it's filmed in Park City Utah, one of the most beautiful places I've ever been to. This one offers a little bit of everything. We've got rich people, we've got father/son issues, we've got a hot older guy (Don Johnson) and a hot young guy (Chace Crawford), we've got hot girls, we've already got a bun in the oven (because EVERY time a woman throws up in any show...she's pregnant-cut to the EPT test box,) we've got car crashes and explosions, some decent sex scenes, good guys, bad guys and some we're not so sure about yet. We've got unusual names like Hap and Wick and then we back to basics, Billy. The story goes like this. Young couple head to North Dakota to make it rich, of course things start off rocky but this is America and dreamers usually do pretty well in our TV shows. This couple's scrappy and VERY lucky and in episode 1, in the right place at the right time. They get inside info on a land deal and score 100K and now...they're in the oil business. I wouldn't go selling my condo and heading up to North Dakota's to live a less expensive life, 1000 bucks for a trailer, 2000 bucks a month for rent on a tiny 2 room house...pricey. This couple's special though, they made their first million in less than 60 minutes, so I'm sure they'll make the rent and so much more. It's a fun show so far. If nothing better comes along Sunday's at 9pm...I'm in. 

Quantico
Keep in mind, I kept getting called outside for moon updates during this one, it was late, and Pilates side effects were hitting my body big time, but I was a bit confused right off the bat with this show. Grayson from Cougartown as a serious FBI agent didn't help. So much to take in here. I'm hoping some of you guys watched and can confirm if I got it all right:  Present day there was a 911ish explosion in NYC. One of the new FBI recruits was arrested for it but one of her teachers or friends or someone in the FBI knew she was framed so she helped her disappear BUT we also go back to when the recruits first got to Quantico and had to research each other and reveal secrets the FBI already knew about them. One of the dudes really had a secret and thought they'd find out so he blew his brains out. There are twin Muslim recruits and a gay guy who I'm not 100% sure is gay.  Do I need to re-watch? I liked the show, but I think I had Full Moon Fever or something. I couldn't keep things straight. Anyone else feel this way?

I didn't get to the Masters of Sex finale, that's on tonight's agenda.   


THE OTHER STUFF

-Last week on Kimmel, Jimmy spread out the Mean Tweets all week. 3 a day is all he'd give us. He became a bit of a Mean Tweet Tease which pissed me off a bit. Thankfully, someone put them all together in one nice tidy clip. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsKFsF2zpFM

-Mistresses Renewed by ABC for a 4th season

Monday's Trivia Question:  This week is NAME THAT STATE WEEK. What state did the show Northern Exposure take place in? 


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment