Monday, October 12, 2015

Happy Columbus Day! Real Housewives of NJ and Madam Secretary Last Night...Weird Choices...I Know!





THE ANSWER TO FRIDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Jim Walsh was an accountant. One of his clients...Dylan McKay! 

FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera, Neil Moffatt, Jo Engel & Monica Caraffa
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman 

THE NUMBERS 

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NFL Football-CBS 3.4/11.2
Scandal-ABC 2.6/8.7
NFL Pregame-CBS 2.2/8.5
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.1/8.0
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 2.1/7.2

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NFL Thursday Night Football-ESPN 1.3/2.8
MLB AL Division Series-FS1 1.0/3.3
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/1.9
FOX Sports Live-FS1 .7/1.7
Project Runway-Lifetime .7/2.1

Thursday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Scandal-ABC 204,000 Tweets
The Vampire Diaries-CW 104,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 100,000 Tweets
How to Get Away With Murder-ABC 100,000 Tweets
The Originals-CW 28,000 Tweets 

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.5/5.7
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.3/6.3
Dr. Ken-ABC 1.3/5.7
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.4
Hawaii Five-0-CBS 1.1/8.9

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
Undateable-NBC 15,000 Tweets
Shark Tank-ABC 7,000 Tweets
Dateline NBC-7,000 Tweets
The Jacksons-Lifetime 5,000 Tweets
A Football Life-NFL Network 4,000 Tweets

I was surprised to see Jay Leno's Garage in my DVR, but my husband's a huge car guy, so I guess it makes sense. Interestingly enough, Jay's show delivered some big numbers for CNBC. It was the most watched original series in the networks history. The premiere episode last week was a top 10 show for the night on cable and top 5 for men. I hate Jay, but I'm sort of happy for him too. 

THE SHOWS 

Real Housewives of NJ - Theresa Checks in
Yes, I will admit it, it's probably super lame, and I'm not proud of myself at all, but I own it. I could have watched The Good Wife, Homeland or Quantico...but...I didn't. I didn't watch the Giants either.  I went over to Bravo to see how Joe and the kids and the entire Giudice/Gorga family have been doing since Teresa has been locked up. Again, not proud, but I did actually shed some tears. Sure I could go off on the insanity that is Milania and the shrine Joe built for his dead father,  the chisel he was using to free up some sausages and that the entire 8th grade did pre-prom at Gia's house (who paid for that party?) and sure Joe really only has a few sentences in his repertoire..."Whatever" "What'ya Gonna Do?" and "Know What I Mean?" but the guy is actually doing his best. Keep in mind, in addition to his wife being in the slammer, he also doesn't have a drivers license, so there are a lot of people helping the guy out. He seems to be crying a lot, which made me cry too.  A few major observations. Gia...wow, she turned out to be a pretty incredible kid. She totally knows what's going on and she's doing her best to handle it all and keep her sisters in line. The biggest revelation though, has to be how much Teresa is able to continue to do even though she's technically behind bars. She speaks to her family every day, she has unlimited email, and she "has ways" to send flowers and gifts to her kids. She's still spending tons of dough even though she's behind bars. The cameras were not allowed into the prison, but we heard every word she said on every call they filmed. She apparently can cater events, arrange hair and makeup appointments, and watch Bravo all from her cell. She even has spin and yoga classes in the big house. (I've been trying to think of every word for jail I can so I don't repeat myself-who knew there were so many to choose from?) Of course I got upset when Teresa couldn't be there to see how beautiful her daughter looked for her prom, and her graduation day, but apparently she's been an exemplary prisoner so she'll be home for Christmas and I'm sure Bravo, Andy, and all the cameras will be there too. Ya know who else will be there watching? ME! 

Madam Secretary
Ya know what I was thinking about while watching Madam Secretary last night? Yes, of course I was on sleeve patrol, and of course I am always obsessing over Daisy's RSF (Resting Sleepy Face) and yes I did take note of yet another silk blouse with the tie attached for Elizabeth, but really what I was thinking about was that John Kerry, Hilary Clinton and Madeline Albright all did a TON of travelling as Secretary of State. I'd say the entire job is all about travelling and making and keeping relationships abroad. Elizabeth McCord rarely goes anywhere but her office, her townhouse or the "sit room." She seems to do her connecting via video conference and by the looks of things, she really should switch over to Verizon. Her connections aren't great there in DC. Last night she had a guy in Kabul needing her help big time, but she dealt with it over broadband. The President's sending a ton of mixed singles Bess's way. First he hires someone she hates, then he overrides some of her decisions, but then he is eternally grateful for her help when his kid came clean about the heroine he was found with. I like the Prez, I hope he doesn't turn out to be a jerk. I loved seeing Elizabeth walking with Madeline Albright and asking for work advice. They should Periscope their next get-together with "Condie" I'd love to see the three of them talk George Clooney and Isis over a Kale Salad. Anyone recognize the Colonel who helped negotiate with the Kabul guys? He was Cyrus's dude on Scandal if it was driving you crazy. Stevie secretly took the LSAT's even though she's never opened a book and studied for them, I'm sure she'll get in to Georgetown Law School. Henry's plans to "handle" Demetri aren't going to well, but knowing him, he'll turn it all around and have the best spy ever. I think I'm starting to have a little crush on Henry. Every week Tim Daly looks better and better to me.

THE OTHER STUFF 

-I'm really, REALLY enjoying Stephen Colbert. I know I keep saying this, but I just didn't expect him to be doing SO well at all. The gap between the late night players is narrowing and I'm loving it. On Friday night, Stephen had James Corden on. Check this out: 

-Joy Behar's beating Chelsea Handler to the air in late night. Joy's going to shoot the sh*t with her friends at 11pm from her apartment starting 11/4 over on TLC. I think I'll add that one to the DVR. I actually hope she does well. Would love to see a woman succeed in late night. 
 
-Now that NBC gave Blindspot a full season order, I'm guessing there will be all sorts of tattoos we've yet to see on Taylor/Jane's body. Just like James Spader's never ending Blacklist, the tattoos will never end either. Not until NBC cancels the show. That's just my theory. They could think they've solved them all and then OMG there's one on the bottom of her foot or underneath her hair. You get the idea. As long as their are ratings, the mystery will never be solved. I guess for now I'm good with that, but not sure how long I will be. I get bored easily.


-CBS cancelled the Halle Berry Summer series, Extant.
-FOX cut Minority Report down to 10 episodes.

Monday's Trivia Question: Today is Columbus Day. Many of you are lucky enough to be home and still under the covers, so in keeping with the theme of the day. Here are four famous Christopher's. Name the shows they starred in:
Christopher Knight
Christopher Meloni
Chris Pratt
Christopher Lloyd


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment