Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Catching Up on Quantico and Homeland




THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Farrah Fawcett played Kris, Jacklyn Smith played Kelly and Kate Jackson played Sabrina on Charlie's Angels
FIRST FIVE: Mike O'Dea, Neil Moffatt, Elke Raskob, Jo Engel & Dave DeSocio
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman
THE NUMBERS  

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
Shark Tank-ABC 1.6/6.6
20/20-ABC 1.3/5.2
MasterChef Junior-FOX 1.3/4.1
Blue Bloods-CBS 1.2/10.7
Last Man Standing-ABC 1.2/6.8

Friday's Cable Top 5
Gold Rush-Discovery 1.0/3.5
Family Guy-Adult Swim .8/1.8
NBA-ESPN .7/1.3
Girl Meets World-Disney .7/2.5
NBA-ESPN .7/1.4

Friday's Top 5 Primetime Twitter Ratings
First in the South Democratic Candidates Forum-MSNBC 81,000 Tweets
Bellator MMA Live-Spike 19,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 7,000 Tweets
MasterChef-FOX 5,000 Tweets
Dr. Ken-ABC 2,000 Tweets

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 7.6/21.0
Football Night in America-NBC 4.2/11.9
60 Minutes-CBS 3.1/16.3
The Simpsons-FOX 1.8/5.1
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.5/4.8
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 257,000 Tweets
The Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 110,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 52,000 Tweets
The Leftovers-HBO 4,000 Tweets
Homeland-Showtime 3,000 Tweets  

Top 5 Time Shifted Primetime Programs
Empire-FOX From a 4.8 to a 7.2 (+2.4)
Big Bang Theory-CBS From a 3.9 to a 5.9 (+2.0
Modern Family-ABC From a 2.7 to a 4.6 (+1.9)
Blindspot-NBC Frrom a 2.1 to a 4.0 (+1.9)
Quantico-ABC From a 1.5 to a 3.1 (+1.6)   



Shareablee Social Scorecard: Top U.S. Primetime Shows by Engagement
Sunday, November 8, 2015
(includes on air and in production, excluding sports and Hispanic)
Rank
TV Show
Network
Total
Actions
Total
Content
Actions per Post
Fans & Followers

1.
The Walking Dead
AMC
990,654
57
17,380
39,845,681

2.
Once Upon a Time
ABC
88,653
23
3,854
7,920,344

3.
The Simpsons
FOX
19,096
30
637
69,560,542

4.
Bob’s Burgers
FOX
15,798
32
494
1,412,103

5.
Family Guy
FOX
10,469
28
374
53,741,774

6.
Homeland
Showtime
7,657
39
196
2,277,067

7.
Blood & Oil
ABC
6,765
20
338
383,163

8.
Quantico
ABC
6,369
24
265
595,812

9.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
FOX
6,326
37
171
622,782

10.
Alaska: The Last Frontier
Discovery
5,413
3
1,804
396,373


SHAREABLEE SOCIAL TV RATINGS: Top U.S. Streaming Shows Overall by Engagement for the week of November 2, 2015Program, Date, Total Actions (000), Total Content, Actions per Post (000), Fans/Followers (000)
Orange Is the New Black (Netflix) 360, 18, 20, 6828
BoJack Horseman (Netflix) 13425, 5, 499
Trailer Park Boys (Netflix) 52, 11, 5, 1602
Daredevil (Netflix) 44, 13, 3, 1614
Narcos (Netflix) 39, 19, 2, 1777
The Mindy Project (Hulu) 38, 32, 1, 646
Arrested Development (Netflix), 34, 12, 3, 2307
House of Cards (Netflix) 33, 12, 3, 2889
Hemlock Grove (Netflix) 22, 27, 1, 481
Casual (Hulu) 19, 19, 1, 36

THE SHOWS

Quantico
I've never been hooked on such a confusing show in my life. At this point I know going in, that I'll be confused, but I also know going in that I need to see if anyone other than Alex is wearing a low cut V-neck t-shirt during training, that Ryan the hottest bald guy I've ever seen before, that Josh Charles always looks like the sun is in his eyes, that they'll never tell us until the "very special season finale" episode who the real bomber is, and that there will be more things that will confuse me and more secrets revealed which will make things even more complicated and confusing next week. This show's so confusing that I go read other recaps just so I can see if the recappers are as confused as I am or actually can clear things up for me and yet...I'm sticking with it. Must be a good show because normally...I'm OUT! 

Homeland
When will Saul realize that the ONLY person he can ever count on, the ONLY person he can ever really trust is Carrie. Why on earth would he trust Dar or the chick he's sleeping with or anyone else after all these years? Yes, Carrie's bipolar and can be difficult but what are we in Season 5 at this point? Shouldn't Saul know by now that when Carrie is on her meds she is the best there is and knows what she's talking about. Why doubt her Saul? Whyyyyyyyy? Very convenient that the dude that rescued Quinn was a doctor, but if they killed Quinn at this point, I think they'd lose me, so I'm glad the doctor was the one who found him. The doc's having a bad day though...fixed Quinn up and then his own dudes slash him up. Back to work, Doc.  Either way, Saul, Carrie and Quinn need to find their way back together and pretty much take down the Russians, Dar and the red headed double agent chick before the end of the season so Carrie can get home to Frannie now that she's a lot cuter than she was when she was a baby. 
THE OTHER STUFF
-So, I know that you guys know that I TiVO all the late night shows. Not sure if you knew that I also TiVO Kelly & Michael and Ellen everyday too, but I do. Gotta admit, I was pretty psyched about Bieber week. Judge me all you want. I was on the Bieber bandwagon, then off when he was peeing in buckets and throwing eggs, but I think he's gotten his sh*t together, I'm loving the new music and again, he had me smiling watching him with Ellen playing the 5 Second Rule game. So click on the link, don't click on the link, I don't care, I just know that I'd feel guilty not putting this clip up today. It's too cute. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-6tkpnh6j/

-I think it's the 20th anniversary of Alanis Morrisette's "Jagged Little Pill" album and she's been doing the rounds. She was great on Howard but this James Cordon clip's awesome. If you know the song "Ironic" then I strongly suggest checking this one out. Honestly, she should release it, I think it would be a huge hit! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVJpOmaDyU
 
-First BIG winner of the 15/16 TV Season is…Blindspot (and me!!!) A second season has already been ordered. Congratulations to the super hot Sullivan Stapleton. Please don't forget your buddy Phillip Winchester when the writers bring in a special ops guy from the Boise office or something. I have no idea how many total tattoos Jane/Taylor has on her body, but I'm guessing enough to get us through a 2nd Season. If it gets renewed for a 3rd Season, I'm guessing there will be some other hot babe in a duffle bag that's ALSO been tattooed to keep us going. Either way, I'm still into this one, hoping the writers have figured something out to keep us all hooked.
 

-Still shocked that Mysteries of Laura is on the air, let alone getting 3 more episodes. I need to look at the numbers a bit more closely, maybe the NCIS older audiences are into this one? I honestly thought it would be gone already. I'm happy for Debra Messing though, she was on a tough road there for a while. She finally lost some weight, got the hair under control and now it seems like she's doing okay. 

-E!'s got 8 new Digital only shows that all sound pretty good to me. I'm not sure of start dates for all of them yet, but The Royal Hangover starts online on 11/15 after the Season 2 premiere. 
The other shows coming up include:
Hashtaggers - a scripted series, 8 eps, 3-5 minutes each about ghost tweeters 
Glam Squad - a comedy about the beauty team behind a glamorous actress
Ranked - Top 10 lists
TV Scoop -  a team that covers TV…why wasn't I called on this one? I really need an agent!
Fashion Bloggers - follows emerging superstars in fashion
Three to Be - how to be stylish with 3 pieces of fashion
Random Fandom - close up look at fan clubs 

-The Obama Running Wild with Bear Grylls episode airs on 12/17 and yes, I will be watching. I like this show even when it's Kate Hudson or Ed Helms, it has to be cool with POTUS repelling and eating bugs, no?

-Interesting choice. Not sure kids love Blake Shelton as much as Nickelodeon may think they do. The guy's not the greatest role model for kids either, but okay Nick, if you want Blake Shelton to host the Kids Choice Awards on 3/12/16 it's your ratings. Let's see if I'm right about this one.

-Interesting Fact: Snapchat generates 6 billion views per day. In May it only generated 2 billion views per day. Not bad considering Facebook gets 8 billion views a day. I just got a Snapchat, but I've never snapped or chatted anything. Guess I better start figuring it out. I really need to retire, there's just no time for all of this stuff. Commuting, Working, Working Out, Homework, Eating, Sleeping, training my puppy, TV, more TV, Facebook, Twitter, shopping, travelling and now, I need to add Snapchat to my repertoir. When will it ever stop? Someone just put the chip in my brain and lets just send it all right in there.

-I never got into Serial, or The Jinx, but now that Netflix is coming out with one of these real murder case things, I may have to jump in. They're releasing  "Making a Murderer" on 12/18. The only way you guys are allowed to watch it is if you are DONE with Master of None first. This is required viewing for all WWTM readers. 

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Lets see how good you guys are. Name the family in the movie and the TV version of Parenthood. Try not to cheat. I'll give you a clue. They don't have the same name in the TV show as they do in the movie. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment