Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Grinder and Below Deck


THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Patrick Stewart played Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek: Next Generation, he also is on the show Blunt Talk on Starz
FIRST FIVES: Mike O'Dea, Jo Engel, Phyllis DiCesare, Neil Moffatt & Elke Raskob
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 7.2/20.0
World Series Game 5-FOX 4.8/16.2
Football Night in America-NBC 3.8/11.5
60 Minutes-CBS 1.5/10.8
Once Upon a Time-ABC 1.5/4.8  
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead-AMC 6.8/13.3
Talking Dead-AMC 2.3/4.6
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.3
Family Guy-Adult Swim .7/1.6
Real Housewives of the OC-Bravo .7/1.8

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
The Walking Dead-AMC 306,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 46,000 Tweets
Talking Dead-AMC 35,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 12,000 Tweets 
Homeland-Showtime 3,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 3.2/11.8
Supergirl-CBS 2.2/8.8
Blindspot-NBC 2.2/7.9
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 2.0/12.4
Scorpion-CBS 1.9/9.3

Monday's Cable Top 5
Monday Night Football-ESPN 4.6/12.4
Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood 1.4/2.6
WWE-USA 1.1/3.2
Black Ink Crew-VH1 1.0/1.8
Street Outlaws-Discovery .8/1.9

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 142,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood-VH1 69,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 63,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 57,000 Tweets
Supergirl-CBS 30,000 Tweets

Monday's Shareablee Social Scorecard: 

Rank
TV Show
Network
Total
Actions
 
Total
Content
 
Actions per Post
 
Fans & Followers

1.
Dancing with the Stars
ABC
356,912
38
9,392
7,742,791

2.
The Voice
NBC
100,457
79
1,272
18,068,143

3.
Gotham
FOX
49,823
52
958
3,525,274

4.
NCIS: Los Angeles

32,071
13
2,467
4,849,671

5.
Supergirl
CBS
29,149
31
940
527,591

6.
Awkward
MTV
25,116
15
1,674
5,063,113

7.
Street Outlaws
Discovery
21,376
8
2,672
1,735,044

8.
Major Crimes
TNT
19,979
13
1,537
572,729

9.
Faking It
MTV
15,991
33
485
906,849

10.
Blindspot
NBC
12,442
48
259
281,393 


THE SHOWS
The Grinder
Sometimes when I talk to people about the shows I watch, and hear their opinions it seems to influence how I look at the show the next time I watch it. Over the past few weeks I've heard from a lot about this show from quite a few people, and I've read a lot about the show on some other blogs (yes there are OTHER blogs, but none as good as WWTM!) A lob of people seem to feel that the problem with The Grinder is that Rob Lowe comes across as too wacky and slapsticky. While I can definitely understand this opinion, I just don't care. Dean Sanderson's wacky slap stickiness "thing" works for me. I consider The Grinder to be a cross between a parody and a satire so Rob can get away with the wacky slapstick stuff. What it can't get away with is the combination of the floral headboard fabric in Deb and Stu's bedroom with that hideous plaid wallpaper. If you're one of those readers who has a problem with Dean, take a look at the rest of the cast, and the writing. All top notch. Last nights episode was well written. I was a bit influenced by the wacky slapsticky comments, and for a second I thought the story was predictable and started to get down about the show, but the show is GOOD. It wasn't as predictable as I thought. Sure, I knew Ethan would be the one with the moves and not his sister, and yes,  I knew Gail Butnick was a secret fan of Dean's, but I honestly had no idea that Toby, Gail's son, would turn out to be a full grown man. So, I'm standing by this one, and I really think you naysayers, should give it another shot.


Below Deck
Next week is the last charter. I don't get it, if the weather's always gorgeous somewhere, can't our awesome cast just find a boat wherever that is and keep filming? Now that a lot of the old crew is back together, I definitely don't want the season to be over. Dave, the super cute gay dude from the first season was back, Ben's back, Kate and Amy are still with us, Emile and Connie are cool additions and while Rocky's a wacko with some serious issues, we sort of need her for the drama. This week, Cynthia Bailey from Real Housewives of Atlanta and Claudia Jordan were on board with their friends and family and they were pretty easy guests. They pissed Ben off a bit but I'm pretty sure that's just Ben. He's a diva. Leon was a diva too, but Ben's a likable diva and Leon was a d**sh. Highlights of the episode for me: Eddie's bed head and the perfect use of the word kerfuffle. Goal for the day, get that sucker into a real life conversation. 

THE OTHER STUFF

-The 2016 Peoples Choice Award Nominations were revealed last night. Man there are now SO many categories. 60 by my count. I'm betting only 10-15 make it to the broadcast this year. Maybe they'll broadcast the other 45-50 winners online? I'll look into this and get back to you. If you feel like voting, here's the link: http://vote.peopleschoice.com/#!/home/all

-Check it out guys….The O.C. is now available to binge on CW Seed http://cwseed.com. Doesn't it seem like yesterday when Sandy, Seth and Summer were a part of our lives? Bonus Trivia Question: Where did they all live? The TOWN, obviously we know it was in Orange County. 

-NBC added additional episodes to Blindspot, SVU, Chicago Fire and Chicago PD bringing their season episode totals to 23 episodes. The only one of that bunch that I watch is Blindspot. I am LOVING it big time, although I'm not sure how long it can all go on. I mean eventually, all the tattoo clues will be used up right?  The chemistry between Kurt and Jane/Taylor is awesome, but I'm still keeping hope alive that NBC will turn Phillip Winchester's frown upside down and give him a gig with his Strike Back bud for a great two way male/female love triangle thing. 

-Guess Jon Stewart's already getting antsy saving animals with his wife on that farm of his. He just signed a 4 year first look production deal with HBO.  His first project already has peaked my interest. He's going to produce short form digital content for HBOGO that will be refreshed multiple times each day. Not sure how soon the first one will be posted,  but I'll be ready when it is. 

-They say that "rising tides raise all boats" or something like that. I'm not sure if everyone in late night is just getting better and Fallon's getting worse or what, but on Monday Jimmy did a skit with Bryan Cranston that I thought was way too stupid to post for you. Was hoping last night he'd make up for it but I don't know...I think it was actually worse. Here are both. You tell me, am I crazy? These two skits seem horrible to me: 
 http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/suspended-suspense-with-bryan-cranston/2930311
http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/jimmy-fallon-alanis-morissette-meghan-trainor-cluck-ironic/2931076 

-Now, Jimmy Kimmel, followed up his Halloween kid prank with a pretty good Halloween adult prank. Check this out and tell me if you agree with me on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggMNWji6WzA 

-Also last night over on Stephen Colbert's show, Reed Hastings, the CEO and Co-Founder of Netflix was on. To be honest, he wasn't that great of a guest. He was Stephen's 9th billionaire though. One more and he can redeem his billionaire card for a Foot Long Sub. Anyway, Reed didn't say much, he rarely reveals any actual numbers, but Stephen stated that during the primetime hours of 9-11pm Netflix is responsible for 37% of all Internet traffic. I found that pretty amazing. I really wish Reed would just reveal numbers or rankers or something. I bet he has so much great information on his laptop. SHARE IT READ...we are dying for it.

-Speaking of Netflix, I cannot wait for the new Aziz Ansari show going live this Friday. I've already cleared my schedule with hopes to knock out all of it before Monday's blog post.

-I'm not a news person, but I have seen a few episodes of Vice and I'm a bit intrigued by their entire "thing" now they'll finally have a linear channel. A&E's turning over their H2 channel to Spike Jonze and the Vice team. I'm pretty excited about this one. First time in a while I've felt intrigued at the possibility of something new and different hitting the ground running.   

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Name the holiday Seth Cohen from the O.C. created for all of us to enjoy 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment