Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Donny Deutsch & Married at First Sight




THE ANSWER TO TUESDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: LL Cool J was last years Grammy host and The Weekend's song "I Can't Feel My Face" is about cocaine.
FIRST FIVES: Ed Ziskind, Bobby Aguilera, Andrew Werts, Brian Gould & Alex Nagler
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS 
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 6.0/16.9
The OT-FOX 7.1/21.6
Presidential Address-FOX 3.0/8.2
Simpsons/Brooklyn Nine-Nine-FOX 2.0/4.5
Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Family Guy-FOX 1.7/3.6 
  
Sunday's Cable Top 5
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.4/2.9
Keeping Up with the Kardashians-E! 1.1/2.3
Into the Badlands-AMC 1.1/2.4
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.3
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/1.8

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Once Upon a Time-ABC 91,000 Tweets
Sinatra 100-CBS 83,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 22,000 Tweets
The Leftovers-HBO 19,000 Tweets
Homeland-Showtime 5,000 Tweets

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.8/12.1
Scorpion-CBS 1.7/9.2
Supergirl-CBS 1.5/7.7
NCIS Los Angeles-CBS 1.4/9.4
Telenovela-NBC 1.4/5.3

Monday's Cable Top 5 
Monday Night Football-ESPN 4.8/14.1
Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood-VH1 1.3/2.5
Street Outlaws-Discovery 1.3/2.9
WWE-USA 1.1/3.2
Big Screen Movie-ABC Family .9/2.1

Monday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings 
Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood-VH1 163,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 131,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 127,000 Tweets
VH1 Big in 2015 with Ent. Weekly-VH1 22,000 Tweets
U2 Innocence & Experience-HBO 15,000 Tweets

Shareable Social TV Ratings for Streaming Shows for the Week of 11/30/15
Orange is the New Black (Netflix)
Arrested Development (Netflix)
Trailer Park Boys (Netflix)
House of Cards
Daredevil
The Mindy Project (Hulu)
Transparent (Amazon)
The Fall (Netflix)
Maste of None (Netflix)
Bojack Horseman (Netflix)

ListenFirst TVI for All Series for the Week of 11/30/15
Jessica Jones (Netflix)
The Walking Dead (AMC)
Arrow (CW)
Supernatural (CW)
The man in the High Castle (Amazon Prime)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
Gotham (FOX)
Supergirl (CBS)
The Flash (CW)
Quantico (ABC)

THE SHOWS

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
The reason we all enjoy Real Housewives of Beverly Hills so much is the crazy, crazy wealth. Kyle, Mauricio and their kids spent 3 weeks on a yacht in Italy and then a week at a villa in Tuscany and then headed to London for some shopping and MAYBE, just maybe, Nicki Hilton's wedding at Kensington Palace. All sorts of drama as to whether Kyle and 2 of her girls would actually go. Turns out Mauricio has some major issues with Kathy and Rick Hilton, so he definitely wasn't attending the wedding. Would love to know more about that! I never noticed before, but the floors in Lisa's crazy mansion all look like one giant sheet of shiny white marble or something. Must be very slippery around that house. I'm assuming it's a shoe free zone. Also, I didn't realize that the V-Pumps now have 8 dogs! Only that crazy Jiggy's in the spotlight. What do you buy Jiggy's Dad, Ken, the guy who has everything for his 70th birthday? A tiny horse to add to his small dog collection. Bizarre, but that's what Lisa is planning on doing next week when she gets back from Italy. Heading to Columbus OH to pick up a mini horse for her man. I know this is probably mean for me to say and of course, I'm not a doctor, but I think that maybe Yolanda's issues are more than medical. I think they could be sort of psychological too. Is she seeing a therapist? Maybe she's freaking out that her kids are all gone and on their own and it's making her physically sick. Now she's having the metal taken out of her teeth too? Maybe David Foster couldn't take it anymore. Did you see that massive closet filled with nothing but pills? That can't be normal. How much does one pay a "health advocate?" This woman just goes everywhere with Yolanda and what does she do that a nurse doesn't? I was sort of getting a sense of crazy rather than Lyme's Disease, but again, I'm SO NOT a doctor. 


Married at First Sight
Who are the editors of this show? They must, must be on overtime or something. The drama is all in the editing and the cliffhanger/emotional music. When Trey left Vanessa at the alter last week, and then we saw it again this week, he wasn't LEAVING, he was getting a thing to put on her wrist to actually propose to her. Awwwww. When Ashley left to go to the ladies room and freak out for a minute, the editors made us think she was gone forever. David was looking at his watch and music was playing and guess what she came back and did okay for a chick that just married a stranger. Samantha and Neil are both pretty odd. Neil's an odd looking dude and Samantha's just plain odd. Maybe their super quirky thing will work for them. Not sure. Either way...it's all good TV. 

Donny
Gotta admit, I really enjoy this show. Donny's hilarious and he's quite the marketing guru. In addition to the fact that I really wanted to hate him, I now am a bit obsessed with him. He also builds his advertisers right into his show an a crazy non-organic disruptive way. Last night, he was sleeping with his woman-of-th-moment and stopped for a second to tell us all to use Overstock.com. Guess what? It worked. A) I totally remembered it and B) I actually went on the website. (I'm looking for a dresser for my sons room) He's constantly making up sayings that stick too. Remember last weeks "gay...yay?" This week it was "brain bang" which is who  you are thinking about when you are sleeping with someone else. I've never heard of that before, have you? Donny wanted everyone to tell their partners who they were brain banging as part of his sharing is caring Man-Up Quiz. Of course as is always this case, it totally backfired, couples all over the country were breaking up and Donny had to go on Hoda and Kathie to apologize and tell the world that his brain bang was Martha Stewart. Did I mention that after Donny has sex he eats fresh muffins? Better than a cigarette I suppose. While the bracelet count was still hovering at about an 8 I was noticing that Donny has some super weird nipples. Anyone else notice? I won't go into it here but if you want to talk about it, send me a note. LOL.

THE OTHER STUFF

-You know I'm really into the Late Night "wars." I've always been into them.  Now that Stephen Colbert's 3 months in with just about a quarter behind him here's how he's doing so far:
Average L+7 RA18-49 .8 with 3.5 million total viewers
The demo rating is up 72% year over year
The viewer number is up 30% year over year

Fallon's average L+7 RA18-49 rating for the same time period is a 1.1 and 4 million viewers which is actually down 4% and 3% year over year.

Kimmel's average L+7 RA18-49 rating for the same time period is a .5 and 2.5 million viewers which is down way too much than it should be,  11% and 9%

The story is different when you look at the live numbers that I report daily. It's a lot closer  between Kimmel and Colbert but Fallon's still leading which is ridiculous at this point. 

-Not loving the idea of a Dirty Dancing remake at all. Definitely NOT loving the casting of Abigail Breslin as Baby either. Do we need to remake this one guys? I didn't watch the About Last Night Remake, and I don't think I'll watch this one either. 

-Of course Blacklist was renewed for a 4th Season. I'm not watching but my guess is that the list just never ends at this point, right? 

-If I'm understanding this new Amazon Prime thing right, I can now watch Showtime, Starz and some other networks programming via my Amazon Prime App too, right? Of course I have all of these networks Apps, but maybe there will be some I don't have that I can now watch? Hmmm I'll have to check that out when I have a minute. 

Wednesday's Trivia Question: I swear...I woke up thinking about Dr. Johnny Fever, Les Nessman and Herb. What show was I thinking of? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment