Friday, January 15, 2016

Lip Sync Battle and Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee-Not Great Editions of Either or This Blog

THE ANSWER TO THURSDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: Mr. Belvedere claimed to have worked for Winston Churchill.
FIRST FIVES: Nicole Zittman, Larry Price, Mike O'Dea, Bobby Aguilera & James Gabriele
HONORABLE MENTION: Brett Blattman



THE NUMBERS 

Wednesdays Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 2.6/8.1
American Idol-FOX 2.5/9.7
Criminal Minds-CBS 2.0/9.2
Chicago PD-NBC 2.0/7.9
Law & Order SVU-NBC 2.0/7.9
 
Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Horror Story: Hotel-FX 1.1/2.2
Big Bang Theory-TBS 1.0/2.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .7/1.6
Duck Dynasty-A&E .7/2.0
Mob Wives 6-VH1 .7/1.3

Wednesday's Twitter Top 5 Primetime Ratings 
American Horror Story: Hotel-FX 65,000 Tweets
Law & Order SVU-NBC 33,000 Tweets
American Idol-FOX 28,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 9,000 Tweets
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia-FXX 4,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 1/4/16-1/8/16
Fallon .9/3.5
Colbert .5/2.6
Kimmel .5/2.2
Seth Meyers .4/1.6
James Corden .3/1.3
Trevor Noah .3/.8
Conan .3/.7
Carson Daly .2/.9
Larry Wilmore-.2/.5

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 1/4/16-1//16
GMA 1.5/1.7
Today Show 1.6/1.8
CBS This Morning 1.0/1.1 (This is a bit of an increase!)

THE SHOWS

Didn't watch the debates, actually ended up re-watching the Justin Bieber roast on Comedy Central. Martha Stewart really killed that night, I forgot how good she was. 

Lip Sync Battle
Gotta admit it, I didn't care THAT much about this episode. Kevin Hart went up against Olivia Munn. Other than "Bad Blood" song choices were weak and once again it was tough to tell if the celebrities were doing a good job because the camera was SO far away from their actual lips or it was on Chrissy. Come on guys, just take it a TINY bit more seriously. You can feel that Jimmy Fallon is behind this show because he doesn't let the rest of the producers take things just a tiny step further. From this clip you can see that Kevin and Olivia did know the words, and honestly if they didn't they don't deserve the belt. Super annoying guys. 
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
I've never heard of Kathleen Madigan or Chuck Martin before this episode of CiCGC. I didn't know their names, I'm not familiar with their comedy, their faces didn't ring a bell. Nada. After seeing this episode, I now have zero interest to see them anywhere so not sure I'd call this episode a winner. I will say that the show did make me want to visit the Alfred Coffee Kitchen next time I'm in LA.  The place looks pretty cool and I don't even drink coffee. There was a LOT of coffee shots in this episode though. I love that one shot that makes the cappuccino foam look pretty. They should include that one in every episode. There was also a great Acura product placement worth mentioning. You know that if I'm commenting on cappuccino shots and product placements that the overall episode wasn't that strong. I guess they can't ALL be winners. Sorry Jer. http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/kathleen-madigan-chuck-martin-stroked-out-on-a-hot-machine

THE OTHER STUFF

-Of all the former FRIENDS, it's Matthew Perry who now can't make the big Friends reunion on the James Burrows tribute show? Apparently he'll be in London rehearsing for a show. Sorry, I call bullish*t on that excuse. Fly in and fly out.  I'm sure you have FRIENDS with a private jet who can do you a favor. Anniston has private jet money, I'm sure. Whatever happened to "I'll Be There For You?" You can make it work dude. If you try hard it enough you can totally make this reunion happen. What kind of FRIEND are you?

-USA renewed Playing House for a 3rd Season. Who's a fan?

Friday's Trivia Question: What was Suzanne Somers characters name on Step by Step? 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme

No comments:

Post a Comment