Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Making of a Murderer...You Really Need to Watch It



THE ANSWER TO MONDAY'S TRIVIA QUESTION: George Segal played  Jack Gallo  on Just Shot Me and he now stars in The Goldbergs.
Bonus Trivia: Pernell Roberts played Trapper John MD  
FIRST FIVE: Mike O'Dea, Mitch Klein, Nicole Zittman, Bobby Aguilera & Caryn Vitolo
HONORABLE MENTION:Brett Blattman

THE NUMBERS  

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Sunday Night Football-NBC 7.0/21.4
Football Night in America-NBC 3.5/11.3
60 Minutes-CBS 2.4/13.4
The Simpsons-FOX 2.0/4.4
Family Guy-FOX 1.7/3.2 
 
Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Top 5 Nielsen Twitter Ratings
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 55,000 Tweets
Downton Abbey-PBS 47,000 Tweets
Keeping Up with the Kardashians-43,000 Tweets
Galavant-ABC 18,000 Tweets
Family Guy-FOX 7,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS
A lot going on in the Carruba household last night and shockingly, not much linear TV for me to watch. I honestly tried The Bachelor but I just couldn't do it. So it was back to Netflix and 2 more episodes of this super crazy documentary series The Making of a Murderer. I heard from a few of you guys yesterday who are either still watching or finished with the series. I'm doing my best to get through it as quickly as I can, but I am in New Years Resolution mode and MUST exercise before I hit the couch so if all goes according to plan, I'll be done before Wildcard Weekend. Anyway, if you aren't watching this show, I'm begging you to. It is the craziest story ever. And of course, a story none of us knew anything about as it was actually happening. Don't Google Steven Avery, don't read the Facebook posts or the Tweets, just get home, exercise, have a sensible dinner and START WATCHING TONIGHT. It's true. Reality is MUCH stranger than fiction and this series is truly incredible, compelling television.

THE OTHER STUFF

-I know what you're thinking…Kristy…it's been a really long time…don't you have any new Millennial information? Well…I'm glad you asked! There's so much Millennial information out there on a daily basis now,  that I could theoretically write something about Millennials every day at this point. I just don't love all the info or it's not relevant etc. I did stumble on this Nielsen information that fits the bill though mainly because it supports the fact that Millennial do watch TV and do listen to the radio. 2 of my faves.

Millenials spend their time as follows:
Live +DVR/Time Shifted TV - 21 hours per week
App/Web on a Smartphone - 12 hours per week
AM/FM Radio - 11 hours per week
Internet on a PC - 6  hours a week
Game Console - 4 hours a week
DVR/Time Shifted TV- 3 hours per week
Video on a PC - 3 hours a week 
Multimedia Device - 2 hours week 
DVD/Blue Ray - 1 hour a week

-Meredith Viera's show has officially been cancelled after 2 seasons. I feel bad for Meredith as I really enjoy her, but I don't watch or blog about daytime TV so there wasn't much I could do for her. I have a feeling she'll be just fine though. SUGGESTION…The View should BEG her to come back!!! BEG! 

-Speaking of begging, do you think Sam Champion's begging his old pals at GMA for his job back? Since his morning Weather Channel show was a bust, Sam's doing Primetime on the network. Who watches that? Who watches The Weather Channel when there's no big snowstorm or hurricane? Sam's filling in for Ginger Zee on GMA for the next couple of weeks while she's on maternity leave. Hmmmm Ginger better find a nanny quick and get back to the set or Sam may just weasel his way back in there. I'm sure he's DYING to get back and get some actual viewers to check out his buff arms and perfectly tailored custom suits. 

-Animal Planet renewed Treehouse Masters and Yankee Jungle. I have NO idea what Yankee Jungle is but I've been known to watch a Treehouse Master here and there. I don't enjoy it as much as I enjoy Tanked but some of those treehouses are crazy. I seem to judge the people who want crazy over-the-top treehouses differently than people who want crazy over-the-top fishtanks. Treehouse people are a bit odd in my book, but again, who am I to really judge?

-Yahoo Screen which is where you would have gone to watch Community, that NFL game from London and any of Yahoo's other original series, has decided to change direction. They're shutting this service down and moving all their original series and video content over to their digital magazine properties. I'm a Yahoo person and I always have trouble finding content on Yahoo and I think I know where to look. Maybe this will help. Who knows? It's getting really confusing figuring out where to go to watch what you want these days. Isn't there an App for that yet? 

-No brainer on this one: Ellen DeGeneres Show has been renewed through 2020. I love Ellen. She rocks. 

-John Oliver's still on hiatus, but he posted this hilarious New Years Eve Resolutions clip that I thought I'd share. He doesn't come back to work until 2/7. Great gig, right? I need to negotiate a new deal coming back to work yesterday was TOUGH!
http://www.thewrap.com/new-years-resolutions-john-oliver-hbo-exercise-last-week-tonight/

Tuesday's Trivia Question: Tonight The Grinder is back on the air on FOX. So how about a Rob Lowe trivia question What was Rob Lowe's characters name on Parks & Recreation?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at watchingwaytoomuch@tvnme
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment