Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Billions & Blindspot

March 29, 2016

Trivia Answer: CeeLo Green, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine and Xtina Aguilera were the ORIGINAL judges on The Voice. 
First Five: Mike O'Dea, Brian Gould, Jim Carter, Bill McLaughlin & Nicole Zittman
Honorable Mention: He Who Shall Not Be Named



THE NUMBERS
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
NCAA-CBS 1.8/5.9
NCAA-CBS 1.3/5.1
Dateline-NBC 1.0/4.9
Shark Tank-ABC .9/4.4
Grimm-NBC .9/4.3

Friday's Cable Top 5
NCAA-TBS 1.7/4.9
NCAA-TBS 1.3/4.7
Family Guy-Adult Swim .7/1.6
American Dad-Adult Swim .6/1.4
Bobs Burgers-Adult Swim .5/1.1

Friday's Social Media Top 5
Sleepy Hollow-FOX 12,000 Tweets
Real Time with Bill Maher-HBO 5,000 Tweets
All in With Chris Hayes-MSNBC 5,000 Tweets
Tonight Show-NBC 4,000 Tweets
New Japan Pro Wrestling-AXS TV 3,000 Tweets

Live +7 for the week of 3/7/16-3/13/16
BIg Bang Theory- From a 3.5 to a 5.5 (+2.0)
Grey's Anatomy-From a 2.1 to a 3.7 (+1.6)
How to Get Away With Murder-From a 1.4 to a 2.9 (+1.5)
Scandal-From a 1.7 to a 3.2 (+1.5)
Blindspot-From a 1.7 to a 3.2 (+1.5)

Top 5 Shareable Social TV Ranking for the Week of 3/7/16
Ellen
Walking Dead
Good Morning America
Shadowhunters
Today Show 
 

THE SHOWS
Billions

Well, at least I know for sure now that there really aren't any good guys in this show. I knew Axe was ruthless but I thought he was like Darth Vader and still had some good in him. No I'm pretty there's nothing good about him. Problem is, I still like him. Sort like how we all felt about Tony Soprano in a way, I guess. This week there were flashbacks to give us the behind the scenes workings of Donny's undercover assignment. Sure Axe used a dying man and yes, Donny did get $40 million bucks and set up his family for life, but there was a possibility that Donny could have lived or at least not died so quickly but Axe needed Donny to die and had a doctor on his payroll so Donny never knew that living was an option. Pretty ruthless stuff, no? The reason we don't hate Axe as much as we want to is because of things like his Ionosphere slapdown.  Axe is quick. Wish I could think on feet like that. The second Bill Stern was free of all charges, he headed back to work and Axe came up with a fake fight another undercover scheme and a takeover all in a matter of moments. I mean that fake fight was awesome. Wait til Chuck finds out about that one, if he ever does. Chuck wasn't having the best day either. His wife slapped him down pretty hard at the funeral, his boss reallocated the Axe investigation to another office and Daddy stopped by for a smackdown, what's a guy to do? Couldn't get to the S&M club so he screwed over Goose pretty badly and enjoyed every minute of it.

Blindspot
Ya know why I'm still watching this thing? Because Sullivan Stapleton is hot, and Jaimie Alexander is hot and I just want them to be together. That's really it. The story gets a bit more ridiculous each week. It makes no sense at all that the week they figure out one tattoo is the exact week that the crime goes down. They've stopped even showing the tattoos on Jane's body at this point, she's always dressed and now which means that as long as there are ratings Patterson can just make up tattoos that we never even see. Does Patterson have a first name? Don't think so. Oh and my new theory, Patterson's in on it. That's the only possible way this all works. She's gotta be in on it. The shows good and stupid all at the same time. 


THE OTHER STUFF

-Tonight's the night, James Corden's Primetime Car Karaoke Special. Shout out to Masud Karim for sending me this clip. Can't believe I missed this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtvglx1IX_4

-I was trying to remember which show was FIRST to have an after show? The Bachelor? Not sure. Anyway, Orphan Black is now another Primetimer to join the after show club. "After the Black" will air right after the new episodes starting on 4/14. I'm psyched about this. The show had gotten a little confusing by the end of last season and nobody I know watches this one so now I'll have the help I need. Thanks BBC

-This year TVLand is honoring Norman Lear and John Stamos for its Icon Award. Does John Stamos deserve pop icon status? I love the guy, don't get me wrong but a pop icon? Bet Bob Saget's pissed. I don't know maybe TVLand couldn't think of anyone else? If they gave me some time maybe I could have come up with a better idea. Uncle Jessie was a big deal but other than that what else has he done that merits these accolades? ER? Nahhh he got there at the end of the party.  Chicago the Musical? Nahhhh he got there midway through the party.  Grandfathered? Nahhhhh it's barely making it.  Beach Boys drummer sometimes? Nahhh, he's no Dennis Wilson. Thoughts? 

-Now this I will be watching. Todd Chrisley will be doing Red Carpet coverage for Access Hollywood Monday night for the ACMA's. Todd's a huge country music fan, and I'm sure he'd be cool with me describing him as a fashionista as well. I think this could be pretty good. Good Luck, Todd!  

-I love Periscope. I don't use it all the time, but when my husband couldn't be at my sons baseball game I Periscoped it to him and a bunch of Russians tuned in to the game. Pretty cool stuff. Anyway, some interesting Periscope stats:  
  • Periscope has been used for over 200 million broadcasts since its March 2015 launch. (That number has doubled since January, when Periscope streams were added to Twitter timelines.) 
  • Users of Periscope’s iOS and Android apps watch about one million hours worth of live-streams (which equals about 110 years) daily. 
Tuesday's Trivia Question: Two Primetime TV shows had characters named SOOKIE. Name the shows. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment