Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, People vs. OJ & Yes...the Chrisley's

March 23, 2016

Trivia Answer: The 4 main characters from Desperate Housewives were: 
Eva Longoria-Gabrielle Solis
Marcia Cross-Bree Van De Kamp
Felicity Huffman-Lynette Scavo
Teri Hatcher-Susan Mayer

First Fives: Bobby Aguilera, Mike O'Dea, Jim Carter, Phyllis DiCesare & Andrea Jody
Honorable Mention: Priscilla Paez


THE NUMBERS
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
NCAA-CBS 3.0/11.8
LIttle Big Shots-NBC 2.6/13.1
60 Minutes-CBS 1.7/10.1
The Passion-FOX 2 1.6/6.6
The Carmichael Show-NBC 1.4/5.4

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Walking Dead-AMC 6.0/12.6
Talking Dead-AMC 2.4/5.3
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 1.4/3.0
NCAA-TBS 1.1/2.7
NCAA-TNT 1.1/3.0
NCAA-TBS 1.1/2.8

Sunday's Social Media Top 5
The Walking Dead-AMC 294,000 Tweets
The Passion-FOX 133,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of Atlanta-Bravo 82,000 Tweets
Once Upon a Time-ABC 45,000 Tweets
Talking Dead-AMC 30,000 Tweets  

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.8/11.2
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 1.8/12.4
Scorpion-CBS 1.5/8.6
Blindspot-NBC 1.5/5.8
Supergirl-CBS 1.3/6.0

Monday's Cable Top 5
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 1.3/2.4
WWE-USA 1.2/3.3
Teen Mom-MTV 1.0/1.7
Stevie J. & Joseline-VH1 1.0/1.8
K Michelle: My Life-VH1 .9/1.7

Monday's Social Media Top 5
Final Five Candidates-CNN 443,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop-VH1 206,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 158,000 Tweets
Dancing with the Stars-ABC 93,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 48,000 Tweets
THE SHOWS

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee

Are you guys watching Full Frontal with Samantha Bee? If you were a The Daily Show fan (Jon Stewart not Trevor Noah) or you're currently into Last Week Tonight and John Oliver, then you NEED to check out Full Frontal. Samantha Bee is awesome. I love that there's a woman throwing her hat in the ring and killing it. I wonder what her friends call her. Sam? Sammy? Sam B? No way is she Samantha over Margaritas and Guac. I need to know, I don't want to get it wrong if I ever meet her. Anyway, I hate to do this, because i know the last thing she'd want anyone to comment on after 2 awesome stories about the Supreme Court justices and untested rape kits, but I feel the need to give her props on two way less important and extremely superficial elements of her show. I LOVE the opening theme music and her outfits. I'm sure if she's even reading this, she's cringing and cursing me out right now because rape kits and Supreme Court Justice appointments are important and the focus of the week,  but I couldn't help it. I'm guessing she'd take my Feminist Club Card away. Sorrrrry Sam! You can check the stories, the outfits and the theme song right here. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA3PpLs-t54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrxTrR5_8Zo

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Before we get into the masssssive Lyme Disease benefit or the insane trip to Dubai...let's go to the numbers according to Yolanda. 
NO MAKEUP FOR 11 MONTHS
NO BOTOX FOR 3 YEARS
1 BATHROBE FOR 14 MONTHS
$19.4 MILLION for her Malibu estate. Glass fridge and fruit included.
Let's break the rest of the episode down. 
Budget moment of the episode: Lisa Vanderpump bought her son Max a JEEP. Not a Lamborghini, or a Bentley or even a BMW...a JEEP! GASPPPPPP!!!! 
Okay now...the Lyme Disease benefit in NYC. There were a TON of people there. Thank goodness Yo, Gigi & Joe Jonas were in attendance the only other famous Lyme disease speaker was Tommy Hilfigers daughter. Booooring! Finally Gigi got up in front of a ton of people and had everyone, myself included, in tears about her Mom. Even Joe wiped a tear away. I caught that Joe! It's okay to cry. Did you start to believe that Yo and the kids actually have Lyme Disease? I mean now she's the face of the disease so I have to think the Lyme Disease people believe she and the kids have it but I'm still in the Rinna camp. I think there's more to it all of it. Okay, I can't take it anymore, I can't. We NEED to get to the Dubai trip. I need to just let it rip:
Erika snuck the glam squad to Dubai? How much does that cost?
How much does Erika's "Look Book" cost to produce and who does that sort of thing? Does she make one every time she goes on a trip? Who dresses like these women for a 24 hour plane ride? Did they stop at hair and makeup before they got off the plane? Porsche's from one plane to the other at the Atlanta airport? $40,000 a night for those crazy hotel rooms? Those hotel rooms were INSANE! 10,000 square feet for 2 people? Did Bravo foot the bill? This trip is off the hook! Oh...forgot, about Brandi's nasty appearance. Do we believe she's really using Tinder or is Tinder using her?  Can't wait for part 2 of the Dubai trip. Can't WAIT! 

People vs OJ

I'd forgotten so much about the AW. Totally forgot just how long the trial went on and I'm not sure I knew the jury was going insane or that they were sequestered to such a degree, or that so many jurors were dismissed, or that the DNA guy shook hands with everyone after he testified. Of course I did remember those Dancing Ito's. The OJ case was seriously CRAYYYYYYYZYYYYY! Re-watching it all and KNOWING he was found innocent is just unbelievable. Even Kim and Kourtney's Daddy thought his BFF was guilty! I'm going to miss this one when it ends. Courtney B. Vance and Sarah Paulson need Emmy nominations. They're both sooooo good in this. 

Chrisley Knows Best 
I've been keeping the fact that I've been watching Chrisley Knows Best on the down low. Pretty sure I declared last season would be my last, but I just couldn't stay away. I was a little embarrassed that I couldn't keep my promise to myself, but this season's actually pretty good so far. Last nights episode was a winner in my book. Down low daughter Lindsey made an appearance and had her 3 year old son's birthday party filmed. Wondering if that means USA picked up the tab. Chase has been dying for a condo of his own since Todd bought his favorite child, Savannah one rather than have her actually live in the dorms. GASP! Of course it was the perfect time to get Todd on board as Savannah actually did something wrong. GASP again! His favorite girl got a tiny puppy which freaked Todd the F out! I'm not sure if he's afraid of dogs or just thinks they're filthy or both but he ran around like a b*tch trying to stay away from her pocket pup. Of course Savannah named her tiny condo cuddler, "Dior." Okay anyone notice the glass jar filled with Oreos in Savannah's apartment? It had to take hours stacking them so perfectly into that giant cylinder. No wonder why she's failing Bible Class, she's busy stacking cookies instead of studying. Of course Todd bought the condo Chase found but, psych, Chase, he's not giving it to you! He's going to rent it out and make more dough to pay for the extra botox he needed from his doggy freak out. That episode did some serious facial damage. 

THE OTHER STUFF


-Hickory Dickory Dock...the Dice Man is back on the clock...Showtime's going to release all 6 episodes of his new show on demand and on their streaming app on 4/10 the same day Episode One is set to make its linear TV premiere. I'll remind you again in a couple of weeks but if you're a Dice person, I know your rooting for him and hoping this time, he's got a winner on his hands. Fingers crossed Dice. 

-Dateline's jumping on the Making of a Murderer bandwagon with their own digital only documentary series called CONVICTION. There's is a 10 episode show about a a NY man convicted of a murder he swears he didn't commit. You can watch it right the first 4 episodes right now on datelinenbc.com . The Bronx DA is currently trying to overturn this guys conviction. All 10 episodes of the show were supposed to run on Dateline every Friday night for 10 weeks,  but now all episodes will be ready to stream on NBCNEWS.com tomorrow. 

-I gotta admit, I'm rooting for anyone who wants to go up against Nielsen. So if that's ComScore...I'm in. ComScore and Adobe  are partnering up to provide multi-screen video content measurement. Nielsen says they'll have a product that does the same thing. Let's see who has the product ready first. I really really want it to be ComScore. Nielsen has been the bane of my existence my entire career. I'm ready for somebody to give them a run for their money. Go ComScore. Wonder if the two companies are going to have a fun new name like Comdobe or Adore. 

-I didn't get in to Top of the Lake and for some reason, I thought it was just a one-and-done thing, but Elizabeth Moss and the lake are coming back for a 2nd Season on Sundance. Pretty sure a bunch of you guys were into this one so congrats to all of you lake fans. 

I'm sure you've noticed that I'm pretty much off the Jimmy Fallon bandwagon. Sure I feel guilty about fake breaking up with my fake best friend but I just couldn't take it the adjective overload anymore. Everyone can't be the best, he can't love EVERY thing and EVERY one all the time. Of course I still Tivo the show and I still check on it every day with hope for a nugget of gold. Found one yesterday. This is why I'll never delete the Season Pass, and never completely give up on our fake friendship.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OcHOBenPFc

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Of course we all know that Lauren Graham will be reprising her role as Lorelei Gilmore on Netflix's upcoming Gilmore Girls 4 episode event. I cannot wait for it. Huge Gilmore Girl fan. (The show IS on my Binge List of course) Lauren was a Mom on Parenthood (another binge worthy show) also. Both of her TV daughters will appear in the Gilmore Girls event. Name both of her TV daughters characters names. 

WWTM-Kristy

Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment