Friday, March 4, 2016

The GOP DEBATE…Yes You're Reading That Right

March 4th 2016

Trivia Answer: Frances and Lisa Houseman were the Dirty Dancing sisters.

First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Jim Carter, Kathy Connelly, Andrea Jody & Alex Nagler


THE NUMBERS

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Modern Family-ABC 2.6/8.1
Survivor-CBS 2.2/9.1
The Goldbergs-ABC 2.0/7.0
Criminal Minds-CBS 1.9/9.2
The Real O'Neals-ABC 1.9/6.0

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Big Bang Theory-TBS .8/2.2
Little Women Atlanta-Lifetime .6/1.5
NBA-ESPN .6/1.4
Duck Dynasty-A&E .6/1.7   

Wednesday's Social Media Top 5
A Year in Space-PBS 29,000 Tweets
Criminal Minds-CBS 25,000 Tweets
Law & Order SVU-NBC 22,000 Tweets 
Catfish-MTV 20,000 Tweets
The Real O'Neals-ABC 5,000 Tweets


Late Night Ratings for the Week of 2/15/16-2/19/16
Fallon-.9/3.5
Colbert-.5/2.7
Kimmel- .5/2.2
Seth-.4/1.5
Corden-.3/1.4
Carson Daly .2/.8
Trevor Noah-.1/.4
Larry Wilmore-.1/.3

Early Morning Ratings for the Week of 2/22/16-2/26/16
Today Show 1.6/1.9
GMA 1.4/1.7
CBS This Morning 1.0/1.1
THE SHOWS

There was literally NOTHING on last night. No, I didn't go for the new ABC show The Family,  Scandal wasn't on, no Lip Sync Battle and House of Cards starts today. When this happens, and it's RARE…I actually hand my husband the remote and say, "here…watch whatever you want." Of course last night that meant the Republican Debate. As you all know, I never watch the news or anything political, but as I watched these maniacs I realized something. I've been thinking about the debates and the election allllllll wrong. This is reality TV at it's finest. I had the same running commentary during the debate as I do when I watch any of my Real Housewives shows. "HE'S LYING!" "Look at that nose!" "Why'd he wear THAT tie?" "Doesn't he know he's on TV?" "Who would marry that guy?" "This guy's a sh*tstirrer" "They need Donald Trump he's the star of the whole thing!" "Megyn Kelly really is pretty, I wonder if she's had a lot of work done?" Now I get it. Now I feel like I have to go back and binge watch all the previous episodes because when it was over, I wanted more. There was drama, a little comedy and tons of utter stupidity. Now THAT IS  entertainment…THAT IS REALITY TV.  I'm betting that if the election was over and these guys all still got together once a month to stand up on podiums, wear navy blue suits and scream at each other, we'd all continue to watch. (Well, only if the Donald signed on for the entire Season, that is)


THE OTHER STUFF


Lots of renewals announced yesterday. I love Channing Dungey's strategy for a smooth transition. Renew just about EVERYTHING and give her sister a job!  Bet she can save the company a fortune by not having an upfront presentation now. 
The following ABC shows have all been given another season: 
Once Upon a Time
America's Funniest Home Videos 
The Bachelor 
Fresh off the Boat
The Goldbergs
Quantico
Grey's Anatomy 
How to Get Away with Murder 
Scandal 
Shark Tank 
Black-ish 
Dancing with the Stars 
Marvel's Agents of SHIELD 
The Middle 
Modern Family 

Uhhhh Channing…there is one show missing from this list. What happened to Nashville? Is it over? Do Rayna and Deacon get married and live happily ever  after on a tour bus with their girls as their opening act? Is this season the last season? I don't really care about Castle or Dr. Ken or Last Man Standing, but I do care about Nashville. Please don't leave us all in limbo, Channing. 

Friday's Trivia Question: You guys all seem to be enjoying the Dirty Dancing trivia and with the announcement that Billy Dee Williams was added to the cast I felt why NOT finish the week with some final DDT.
1. What fruit is famous from Dirty Dancing?
2. What was the name of Johnny's cousin who carried said fruit?
3. What was the name of Mr. Kellerman's annoying grandson?
4. What dance did he want Johnny to finish the season with? 
5. What was the name of the little old couple that actually did take the wallet?

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment