Thursday, April 14, 2016

Empire, The Goldbergs, Black-ish & Survivor

April 14,2016

Trivia Answer: Chris Partridge played Jeremy Gelbwaks & Brian Forster. Anyone who answered with the name CHRISTOPHER...I know you looked it up. If you watched The Partridge Family you'd know that NOBODY called the kid Christopher.

First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Dave DeSocio, Monica Caraffa, Jim Carter & Chuck Chiocco

Honorable Mention: Dani Jackel

THE NUMBERS
Tuesday's Broadcast Top 5
The Voice-NBC 2.2/10.7
Game of Silence-NBC 1.5/6.5
NCIS-CBS 1.3/9.9
NCIS New Orleans-CBS 1.2/9.0
New Girl-FOX 1.1/2.6
 
Tuesday's Cable Top 5
Deadliest Catch-Discovery .8/2.4
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.6
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo .7/1.9
Chrisley Knows Best-USA .7/1.4
Big Bang Theory-TBS .7/1.8  

Tuesday's Social Media Top 5
Trump Town Hall-CNN 60,000 Tweets
The Voice-NBC 47,000 Tweets
Bad Girls Club-VH1 39,000 Tweets
iZombie-CW 20,000 Tweets
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills-Bravo 19,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS
Survivor
Okay, I really, really can't stand Scott & Jason. I REALLLLLY wanted them to be voted off last night. Hiding machete's and pouring water on the fire? Is that really psychological warfare? It's definitely sabotage but they were screwing themselves too!  Didn't Scott learn how to win gracefully and be a good sport in the NBA? Unbelievable bullsh*t if you ask me. I'm not sure if Julia's decision to go off with them was a good one or not. In the long run, it could end up being a very smart idea. Tribal was nuts. I had to play it back a 2nd time and I'm still not sure what the heck happened other than the fact that Debbie was blindsided (which I think I'm fine with) and the super idol is now out there for everyone to have to deal with. How you get rid of it is going to be another story. Remember the super idol can be handed over AFTER the votes have been cast and made public. It's gonna get crazy...fast. Love Tai, I think he'll struggle being part of the bad guy team but if he plays it all correctly, he could go all the way. Anyone catch that nasty puss filled volcano waiting to erupt on Aubrey's back? Eweeee. Debbie was looking more and more skeletal by the minute last night. She needed to go just to EAT something! She was grossing me out and pissing me off all at the same time.

The Goldbergs
My husband is the HUGEST Rush fan. Rush is his favorite band of all time. We've been together since 1980 something and he did make me sit and listen to Rush in his car ALL the time. He STILL makes me sit and listen to Rush. So Erica and I have that in common. My husband was (and is) way cuter than Johnny Atkins. He didn't have a ponytail but he did have one of those rat tail braids at one point. Erica may have gotten over Rush in a week and moved on to The Cure but I am still living in the Limelight to this day. While Erica was dealing with Johnny and the JTP, Bev had her own problems. Barry found out that Adam is Bev's favorite child. If he had been watching the show all this time, this would not be a lightbulb moment for him, but okay, he's a little slow. Turns out being Mom's favorite isn't all it's cracked up to be and when Adam needed Bev to get is birthday party back on track, Barry happily handed her over. Of course it's TV and Bev was able to throw a Bar Mitzvah-like celebration complete with Star Wars characters, dry ice and fire eaters all in 24 hours. Love that the writers are STILL throwing lines in about Adam's squeaky voice.

Black-ish
Another show that spoke directly to me last night. I did NOT change my name when I got married. Now for Rainbow and Dre it was a BIT of a different story because they both coincidentally had the same last name...Johnson. Rainbow didn't change her name to Dre's Johnson, she kept her own Johnson. The whole thing was hilarious and the debate over name changing was once again thought provoking and well done. We had Dre's sister and her lesbian fiance debating, we had Dre's Mom explaining why she thought it was an honor to change her name back in the day. Then we had Zoe and Diane throwing their opinion out there. All arguments were good ones and at the end of the Johnson's day, they both kept their names which really meant that the audience was left to question it all. I'm telling you this show is really so incredibly well done and so incredibly underrated that it drives me nuts. Oh and for the record...my husband and I BOTH changed our names when we decided to have a family. Talk amongst yourselves.  

Empire
Super deep episode of Empire last night. More explanations of why Lucious is such a d**sh. Mommy tried to drown him in the tub and then shot herself in the head right in front of her little boy. Tough for Lucious to finally deal with it all, but Cookie made him face it and of course helped him through it. When she premiered the rough cut to the family at her surprise birthday dinner, Andre realized that his grandmother was probably bipolar and freaked out. He and Lucious had a screaming match and of course Lucious admitted he was ashamed of Andre and that was that. So much for a nice night in with the family. Hakeem proposed to his little ex-virgin girlfriend right in front of Tianna, who continued to sing and shake her sexy body this week. If looked like her and could move like her, I'd wear that sparkly bodysuit to the Kings deli counter every Sunday morning and I bet I wouldn't have to take a number and wait for my crunchy veggie salad ever again. 
  
THE OTHER STUFF

-Bravo renewed Girlfriends Guide to Divorce for not 1, not 2 but 3 more seasons. I really need to get on this one. Adding it to my to-do list now. I had issues in Season 1 with Janeane Garofalo but never went back after she was booted off the show. 

-Who knew Stephen Colbert was not only writing and hosting his show but he was also the Showrunner? Way too much for one guy, so now Chris Licht's coming to give the guy a break. Chris has been up early doing the CBS Morning Show for a while so now he'll be able to sleep a little bit later.  

Thursday's Trivia QuestionThis weeks theme is shows where one of the stars was replaced with another. Name the character on The Fresh Prince of Bel Air who was replaced. Name the 2 actresses who played him

Taking tomorrow and Monday off and heading down to Charleston SC for the weekend..See Ya On Tuesday...have a great weekend! (If anyone has any Charleston SC reco's send um my way!)

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment