Monday, April 25, 2016

Orphan Black, Outlander, Game of Thrones, Madam Secretary & The Good Wife

Monday April 25, 2016

Trivia Answer: Prince's estate is called Paisley Park and it's located in Minnesota
First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Kathy Connelly, Shari Dabby, Rachel Snyder & Michele Mullings
Honorable Mention: Karen Feldman



THE NUMBERS
Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Bang Theory-CBS 3.2/14.1
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 2.0/7.6
The Odd Couple-CBS 1.7/8.6
2 Broke Girls-CBS 1.7/6.9
Scandal-ABC 1.5/6.0

Thursday's Cable Top 5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 2.0/4.5
NBA Playoffs-TNT 1.0/2.5
60 Days In-A&E .9/1.8
American Dad-Adult Swim .8/1.9
WWE Smackdown-USA .7/2.4

Thursday's Social Media Top 5
Scandal-ABC 62,000 Tweets
Grey's Anatomy-ABC 60,000 Tweets
WWE Smackdown-USA 44,000 Tweets
The 100-CW 29,000 Tweets
Hannity-FOX News 16,000 Tweets

Late Night Ratings for the Week of 4/11/16-4/15/16
Fallon.8/3.2
Kimmel.5/2.2
Colbert .4/2.1
Seth .4/1.4
Trevor .3/.8
James Corden .2/1.1
Carson .2/.8
Larry .2/.5
Conan .2/.4
THE SHOWS

Orphan Black 
Orphan Black's confusing. Well...the first Season wasn't really THAT confusing, but it did get more and more confusing as the seasons went on. You really needed to pay attention when you watched. No multi-tasking, Candy Crushing, email checking etc. I thought I was doing pretty well, now I think I either missed a season or didn't pay close enough attention. I tuned in to Season 4 Episode 1 and was completely lost. I watched the new After Show thinking maybe there'd be some help there, but no, still lost. I think I might have to go back and rewatch Season 3 again. This has never happened to me before. Maybe it's a sign to just give it up completely? Maybe add it to the Summer To Do List? I don't know. Have any of you guys stuck with it? What should I do?

Outlander
I've said this before, but I think I need to say it again. All the history and politics in Outlander are fine and dandy but if Claire and Jamie aren't doing the nasty, it's hard for me. I waited, and I waited and nada. Jamie was caught up in changing history, getting secrets, blah, blah, blah. Sure he's hot in his French garb but I need it off his body and I need him over his Jack Randall hallucinations and back to Claire and her Brazillian nether region. That's all there is to it.

Madam Secretary
I never understand all the politics in this show. There's always a country pulling some sort of cr@p and now it's not just Liz involved but Henry too. Glad Liz convinced Henry to see her shrink and talk about everything going on. The homework she gave them was pretty much impossible though...no work talk? No way! Did you ever notice that everyone in this show is always drinking a beverage? First we had the scarves, then all the Chinese food and now the drinks. Also, again, Henry's on assignment and in danger and Liz doesn't know if he's dead of alive. Just another day at the office? I didn't like Henry lying about having to work late, but I did like the drunk Henry admitting he lied. I also enjoyed Matt's attempt at giving his Powerpoint presentation. I feel his pain. We never get to everything we need to cover in any of our meetings either. Doesn't matter how much work he put in or how many awesome slides he prepared. There's always a fire drill! 
 
The Girlfriend ExperienceI'm still watching and I have no idea why. I don't know if I wrote it or not, but we KNEW that Christine would sleep with her boss, didn't we? The question is did she actually enjoy it? I think she might have. The show is boring and weird but Riley Keough's intriguing. She also has the most bizarre hairline or widows peak or whatever that thing is in the middle of her forehead. I'd think the director wouldn't want her hair pulled back into a ponytail but maybe he's as obsessed with it as I am. For some reason I'm still watching this thing. I really shouldn't be. 

Game of Thrones
Wasn't it good to hear the music, see the cool computer animated maps and all of our friends from Westeros? I'd say Jon Snow is truly, truly dead, wouldn't you? At least JS is at peace. No longer freezing up there in the North. The women in the show, on the other hand, aren't doing so well these days. They all seem to need a day at the spa big time. Dani was captured and whipped and looking pretty worn. Her captors were very curious as to whether the carpet matched the drapes or if she accepts visitors at the backdoor, if you know what I mean. Luckily she has a huge set of b@lls and doesn't scare easily. When she got to the Dothraki dude and told him who she was, he had to put his raping plans aside and send her to live with all the other Khal widows. Doesn't sound that great to me, hope Jorah and the other dude find her in time. What were the chances that Jorah would find her ring the second he stopped and got off his horse? I can't find a pair of glasses in my bedroom, but this guy finds a ring in the middle of nowhere? Come on, a bit ridiculous. Sansa had to cross a freezing river to escape her captors. Glad to see Theon coming back to life a little bit. Just as things looked bleak for these two dun dun dunnnnnnn, Brienne of Tarth to the rescue. LOVED that she saved the day. She's the best. Cersai's mourning the loss of her daughter but she did get her brolover back. He didn't say a word about her new short hairdo, that's love if you ask me. Arya's still blind and some chick came to beat the crap out of her and teach her how to fight without seeing. Use the FORCE Arya, you don't need to see, remember how Luke Skywalker trained?  Okay so I totally thought the crazy red haired witch could possibly bring back Jon Snow from the dead. That didn't happen but ya know what did? She took off her clothes, including her necklace and she turned into a realllllllly old, wrinkly naked woman that honestly, I could have lived without seeing. TMI if ya know what I mean. 

The Good WifeI'm not sure why it was Alicia who threw Jackie and Howard's catuba signing party. I'm not sure people even have catuba signing parties at all. First time I ever heard of one. I'd think Peter has a home somewhere he could use, but okay Alicia's still playing her part. Lots of insanity going on in and out of the apartment throughout the night. Funeral flowers, an RIP cake, Jason's gift of Mars real estate, some major Diane and Kurt PDA and Zac showed up engaged to a wacky chick named Hannah. He's dropping out of college, moving to Paris and writing his memoirs. Pretty small task since the kid's only 19. Alicia's Mom, like her daughter, like's her wine, and dropped the divorce bomb on Jackie and the kids. Not sure how she knew about it, but she did, and just couldn't keep it to herself. I thought Cary was heading to the islands to put his toes in the water and ass in the sand, but all he seems to be doing is hanging out drinking while waiting to testify in Peter's trial. The beach would be more fun. Especially if he is sitting in his chair and Kalinda shows up with her boots on. Only 2 episodes left
 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Over the weekend, Kelly Ripa sent an email to her bosses and her staff letting them all know that she'll be back from Turks & Caicos and back to work on Tuesday. No idea who leaked it to all of us. See, when the network wants to keep secrets they can and when they don't they don't. Anyone want to take a guess at the ratings for tomorrow's show? Bet they're huge! Which could be what Iger was trying to do all along. Get us all talking, get us all paying attention and get us all to watch! It worked!

-Anyone watch SNL's tribute to Prince over the weekend? Lorne had Jimmy Fallon host this thing and it was just a mess. Jimmy just rambled on and on and seemed either unprepared or just too emotional or something. Obviously they had to throw the tribute together fast, but for a show known for cue cards, maybe they should have written a few for Fallon

-If you're already plotting your Summer reading, bingeing etc. I have two suggestions. I'm listening to the audio book of "The Rainbow Comes & Goes." The Anderson Cooper/Gloria Vanderbilt book and it's fascinating. I recommend the audio book as Anderson and his Mom narrate the entire thing. Sooooo juicy!  My other suggestion is to either watch for the first time or re-watch The West Wing. If you do, then, listen to Joshua Malina's West Wing Podcast after each episode. Great guests who talk about the show and lots of interesting trivia and info. 

-Congrats to Transparent, Master of None, Black-ish, Unreal and Mr. Robot for their Peabody wins. There were a bunch more but these were the ones I cared about. 

-Quantico is moving to NYC. Yep, they were filming in Toronto and pretending to be in NYC but now they really will be here to film. Hope I bump into Priyanka Chopra. She's awesome. 

-These numbers sound about right to me:
  • Heavy binge watchers consume 12.3 hours of linear TV a week
  • Lighter bingers only consume 11.8 hours a week
  • Binge watching is down 4% from 2014 to 2015
  • 65% of US homes have a connected TV which is WAY up from 5 years ago when we were at 44%       
Monday's Trivia Question: With the premiere of Game of Thrones last night, I feel it's my duty to throw in a Game of Thrones trivia question so...here goes. Name all of the Stark children. Bonus points if you can tell me which ones are dead and which ones are alive.


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment