Friday, April 1, 2016

Scandal, The Catch, Lip Sync Battle & NO NEWS-Happy April Fools Day

April 1 2016

Trivia Answer: James Ford was Sawyer from Lost's real name. Jack Nicholson and Tom Cruise played Jessup and Kaffey.
First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Jim Carter, Monica Caraffa, Karen Feldman & Dani Jackel
Honorable Mention: Kathy Connelly
THE NUMBERS

Wednesday's Broadcast Top 5
Empire-FOX 4.8/12.4
Survivor-CBS 2.0/9.1
Criminal Minds-CBS 1.8/9.1
Chicago PD-NBC 1.5/6.7 
Rosewood-FOX 1.4/5.2 

Wednesday's Cable Top 5
Big Bang Theory-TBS .9/2.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .9/1.9
Cleveland Show-Adult Swim .6/1.3
Property Brothers-HGTV .5/1.7
Bob's Burgers-Adult Swim .5/1.1

Wednesday's Social Media Top 5
Empire-FOX 471,000 Tweets
Trump Town Hall-MSNBC 104,000 Tweets
Criminal Minds-CBS 36,000 Tweets
Arrow-CW 33,000 Tweets
Rachel Maddow-MSNBC 19,000 Tweets 


THE SHOWS

Scandal

Hating Olivia Pope these days. Really. I'm hating her. If you're hating her too but still were curious about that yellow bag she was carrying in last nights episode, I've done the research, it's a Prada bag and you'll need $2650 bucks if you want one of your own. It makes no sense at all that even Susan Ross has a skeleton in her closet and that she too is a liar, like ever single politician out there. Wasn't she supposed to be different? Wasn't she supposed to be the moral compass here? Wasn't she supposed to show how the narrative can be changed? When you watch the news, the debates, Scandal and anything else showcasing Washington and become disgusted, ya know what you need other than Ben & Jerry's Phish Food Ice Cream or Lindt Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt to make you feel better? An episode or 10 of The West Wing. A dose of President Bartlett really does make me feel better. Loved when Marcus ripped into Mellie, loved Mellie doing Mean Tweets, wish Kimmel did show up in the episode, but he's a busy guy. Glad the sticky window was hard at work, betting Scott Foley hasn't really had a piece of fried chicken in years, and glad Olivia's Daddy let Edison have it even though he was right. The guy really does love his daughter, he just has a crazy way of showing it. Question: Did Cyrus Beane have any actual lines last night? Lots of facial expressions and body language but actual syllables, I don't think so. 

Lip Sync Battle

I don't watch The Walking Dead, I had no idea who these people were and I'm going to be honest, I lost interest really fast and switched back over to The Catch about 5 minutes in. Since there are so many of you guys that do watch The Walking Dead, but probably didn't watch LSB last night, I've included the clips JUST for you. One note, There has never been an episode of Lip Sync Battle featuring a pregnant Chrissy Teigen which is bizarre to me. I feel like she's been pregnant for a year already but I've seen every episode of Lip Sync Battle and to date no baby bump ever. The magic of television or was every single episode filmed before she ever started showing? 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDl8rOCkpWY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T4_5nky78U

The Catch
I'm still in. I don't know why I'm still in, but I am. I feel like I need to support Peter Krause but this one's tough. I think he's been miscast. He's cute, but he's not hot enough or suave enough like Matt Bomer was in White Collar to fully believe. I was going to admit this last week, but held back a bit. Mireille Enos, the actress from The Killing who plays Alice Vaughan is hard for me to watch. She's pretty in some shots and not so pretty in others. Her eyes don't match, I don't love her voice and she really could use a little Botox. Also, she gets way too much credit for solving the case. If I were that dude Danny, I would have flipped out when Alice got the boss's pat-on-the-back when he did all the work. I don't know. I guess I'll stick to my 3 strikes rule and make a final decision next week. The fact is that at some point, she is going to have to actually catch her man and send him to prison. Then what? 

THE OTHER STUFF

I've screwed up before on April Fools Day and I've also pulled a few pranks on April Fools Day in this section. There wasn't much TV news at all today, so since I'm assuming you'll be stressed out enough today keeping your April Fools Day guard up I am going completely news free. No jokes, no lies, no fake stories, nada. Giving you all some time back on your calendars. 

Friday's Trivia Question: Ashton Kutscher and Danny Masterson star in a new show on Netflix together called The Ranch. Name the first show they starred in together and both of their categories names. 

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com
kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment