Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Night Of, Real Housewives of NJ, Vice Principals and The Republican Convention Night Number 1

7/19/16

Trivia Answer: The Sopranos ended with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" in a very controvercial series finale.

First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Mitch Klein, Andrea Jody, Bobby Aguilera & Nicole Zittman

Honorable Mention: Neil Moffatt



THE NUMBERS
Friday's Broadcast Top 5
20/20/ABC .8/4.4
America's Got Talent-NBC .8/3.8
Blue Bloods-CBS .7/5.3
Dateline-NBC .7/3.4
Hawaii Five-0-CBS .6/4.4

Friday's Cable Top 5
Family Guy-Adult Swim .6/1.6
Alaskan Bush People-Discovery .6/2.7
Big Bang Theory-TBS .5/1.5
American Dad-Adult Swim .5/1.2
Anderson Cooper-CNN .5/1.7

Friday's Social Media Top 5
Hannity-FOX News 12,000 Tweets
Real Time With Bill Maher-HBO 10,000 Tweets
Girl Meets World-Disney 7,000 Tweets
O'Reilly Factor-FOX News 3,000 Tweets
Syfy-Dark Matter 3,000 Tweets

Sunday's Broadcast Top 5
Big Brother-CBS 1.8/5.8
Celebrity Family Feud-ABC 1.5/7.4
100,000 Pyramid-ABC 1.4/7.0
Match Game-ABC 1.2/5.8
60 Minutes-CBS .8/7.8

Sunday's Cable Top 5
NA

Sunday's Social Media Top 5
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 220,000 Tweets
Power-Starz 81,000 Tweets
EVO World Championship-ESPN2 69,000 Tweets
Big Brother-CBS 40,000 Tweets
Basketball Wives LA-VH1 34,000 Tweets

THE SHOWS
The Night Of
Episode 2 was a lot less uncomfortable for me but I still felt anxious and nervous for Naz the entire time. We're supposed to though, aren't we That Box dude is good and smart and doesn't have any foot problems like John Turturro does. Gotta say, I hate guys in sandals, let alone guys in sandals, with foot rot, but of course we love John Turturro in anything he does. Now we know he was married to an African American woman and has an African American son. A very interesting development. I feel like Box KNOWS Naz didn't kill the girls, but all the evidence says he did. Those poor parents. I'm sure if god forbid, I every got involved with the legal system, I too wouldn't have a clue. I'd go to the wrong place, I'd be lost too. I feel for the Khans. Okay, so what do we think about the dead girls stepfather? Yes, he slept with Claire from House of Cards and Elvis's great-grandaughter in The Girlfriend Experience. Could HE have done it? He could have. Can't believe our little Naz is in Rikers Island right now hoping that a lawyer who advertises on the subway and has foot rot is his only hope for freedom. 

Real Housewives of NJ
I'm bored and I'm annoyed and I'm really only watching at this point to see Gia. Theresa doesn't seem like she's changed at all. She doesn't seem remorseful or different or nicer or anything. Weird reaction to seeing her parents, brother and sister-in-law. Weird to call Jaqueline out of the blue. It all definitely felt so staged and contrived. Theresa did come clean and admit she needs money. All of her brands died while she was in the slammer and Joe couldn't work much. So they need the show, the Bravo paycheck to sell as many photos as possible to People Magazine to pay the mortgage. Sad but true. America...what's wrong with us all? On a side note, Jaqueline's leather pants were way too tight and her husband should have told her to take them off. Hideous. 
 
Vice Principals
Pretty sure I turned this off after Danny McBride's disgusting vomiting scene. I'm not really a big Danny McBride fan. I had high hopes when I saw Bill Murray, but 5 minutes into this thing, I knew Vice Principals wasn't for me. Season Pass deleted.  One less Sunday night issue to deal with.

Republican Convention Night #1
Keep in mind, I'm not into news or politics, but I had to tune in to the best reality show out there. Who are these people that attend the convention? The crazy signs, the Abraham Lincoln costumes, the kids, the babies? Who are they all? I was looking around the audience for one person who looked cool or dressed cool, and what I saw was really a bit scary. More scary, Rudy Giuliani with is B/D finger motion. Was he trying to rile people up or tell us which side our water glass would be on at the next fundraiser. The Donald made quite an entrance to "We Are the Champions" and introduced his very beautiful wife Melania. I loved the puffy sleeves but the dress as a whole wasn't the greatest. Surprised The Donald let them shoot her from behind. The butt shot wasn't too flattering at all. Shockingly...she did pretty well. Didn't expect it at all, but I'm sure she's been practicing for a while and her coaches should get a raise or maybe a room at Mar-a-lago for a job well done. Nice to see Tiffany Trump in the audience. We rarely get a glimpse of Marla's daughter. Looks like Don Jr. took a nice long vacation killing bears or something. Super tan and super slick hair for the big night. When's Chachi speaking? Can't wait for that one. I flipped over to Odd Mom Out after Melania. That Michael Flynn dude just bored me to death. 


Odd mom out
Didn't care about Lex and Brooke getting back together or not getting back together. Lex needs to bag the man-bun FAST. Didn't care about Jill and her husband's therapy even though Meredith Viera's their therapist. The best part of the entire show was the conversation that Jill and Vanessa had about Game of Thrones. Every single word could have come from an actual conversation I've had with many of my friends and readers. I've said every single word VERBATIM to my friend Kristina and my friend Shari and anyone else who refuses to get on the Game of Thrones bandwagon. The only difference is that Vanessa FINALLY gave in and watched. Loved the Friday Night Lights shout out BTW. I realllllly think with the exception of Jill's amazing fashion sense, we are kindred spirits. I could be her Vanessa if she could get over my leggings and sneakers. I could see us going to dinner and TOTALLY freaking out when the waiter refused to write down our order. Classic episode yet again! Bravo, Bravo and Bravo, Jill!

 
THE OTHER STUFF

-Bad News for all of us Game of Thrones fans, including Jill and Vanessa. Only 13 episodes left in total. We'll have to wait a year for the first 7 episodes and who knows how long for the final 6.

Tuesday's Trivia Question: The Sopranos ended with "Don't Stop Believing" but another series performed this song in it's pilot episode...name the show.

kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com

WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment