Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Deadliest Catch and Running Wild with Bear Grylls

8/3/16

Trivia Answer: The colors of the Olympic rings represent a color from the flag of every country that competes in the Olympic games

First Fives: Mike O'Dea, Elke Raskob, Nicole Zittman, Eric Schwartz & Dani Jackel

Honorable Mention: Nancy Oboyski

THE NUMBERS
Sunday's Broadcast Top 5Big Brother-CBS 1.6/5.9
Celebrity Family Feud-ABC 1.4/7.2
60 Minutes-CBS 1.2/7.5
$100,000 Pyramid-ABC 1.2/6.4
Match Game-ABC 1.1/5.4

Sunday's Cable Top 5
Harry Potter-Freeform .9/2.0
Family Guy-Adult Swim .9/2.0
Power-Starz .9/1.8
Sharknado-Syfy .8/2.7  Weakest ratings in franchise history
Naked and Afraid-Discovery .8/2.0 

Sunday's Social Media Top 5
Teen Choice Awards-FOX 554,000 Tweets
Sharknado-Syfy 139,000 Tweets
Power-Starz 43,000 Tweets  
Big Brother -CBS 40,000 Tweets
Keeping Up With the Kardashians-E! 23,000 Tweets 

Monday's Broadcast Top 5
The Bachelorette Finale-ABC 2.5/8.5
American Ninja Warrior-NBC 1.6/5.8
Mom-CBS .8/4.5
So You Think You Can Dance-FOX .7/2.6
Supergirl-CW .4/1.2  

Monday's Cable Top 5
Love & Hip Hop Atlanta-VH1 1.4/2.6
WWE-USA 1.2/3.3
Bobs Burgers-Adult Swim .8/1.8
TI and Tiny-VH1 .8/1.6
Family Guy-Adult Swim .8/1.7 

Monday's Social Media Top 5
The Bachelorette-ABC 518,000 Tweets
WWE Monday Night Raw-USA 170,000 Tweets
Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta-VH1 98,000 Tweets
The Fosters-Freeform 17,000 Tweets
You Are the One?-MTV 16,000 Tweets
 
THE SHOWS

Running Wild with Bear Grylls
If you weren't a fan of Nick Jonas's before, you would be after you watched him with Bear Grylls. Bear took Nick on a helicopter into the Sierra Nevada mountains during a snowstorm. They skied, hiked, repelled, and slept in a bed made of tree branches. Bear conveniently found a frozen bird for dinner that he had Nick put in his crotch to defrost. Sure, good to know, but also pretty freaking gross and nasty. What if the bird came back to life after it defrosted?  He didn't and of course, he became dinner along with a side order of bugs and worms. During the schlepping breaks, while sitting around the fire, we learned that Nick has Diabetes, that he was the Jo Bro who wanted to be in show biz and Kevin and Joe were signed sort of by accident. I also learned after Nick and Bear took off everything but their Calvins and crossed an unfrozen part of a lake, that people with Diabetes have issues with circulation. Nick lost the feeling in his feet but...Bear warmed them up by putting them in his armpits, the 2nd warmest place on the body apparently. I'm assuming that the producers returned the rental skis that Bear left on the mountain during the repel, but other than that, another crazy episode. Nick loved every minute, didn't complain once and actually had a smile on his face the entire time. I've always been a Nick fan but now, I love him more than Joe


Deadliest Catch Finale
Well it was a long season...really long, almost too long if you ask me. Finally and I might add, conveniently, Sig Hansen had his heart attack as the boat was heading back to Dutch Harbor.  Really weird to see the entire thing play out during filming. It was a realllllly bad one. The doctor in the Anchorage hospital told Sig and his very blond family that his heart attack was a WIDOWMAKER! Pretty sure they don't say that in most hospitals but they say it in Anchorage. Hilarious when Sig truly can't understand how this could happen to him. The doctor explains the high stress, the MILLIONS of cigarettes really don't help. Sig's fine today but of course not that he's been given a 2nd chance at life, it's all about family and changing his lifestyle. Doubt the producers were around filming Sig quit smoking. I'm sure that wasn't pretty. Super weird moment between Wild Bill and his son. Bill can't understand why Zac isn't that interested in being a captain. He called him up to the wheelhouse and what probably should have been an off camera moment between father and son played out right in front of our eyes. Zac's not a fan of Bill's. Gotta admit, Bill may have the best hair on TV (male or female) but he's pretty much a doosh. The rest of our young captains finished up their seasons a little short on quota but still what I would categorize as a success. All of their families should be proud of them. Sean's Mom was so proud she met him and the Brenna A with the actual Brenna at the dock with hugs and tears. Glad you're all home safe guys. See ya soon.  
THE OTHER STUFF

-NBC chose super sweet, super nice, super safe Jimmy Fallon to host the 2017 Golden Globes. I guess they decided to do a complete 180 from the super sharp, super interesting, yet super risky Ricky Gervais. We haven't talked about Fallon lately. I still DVR his show, but I know longer want to be best friends with him. I can't watch his show straight through. I never watch the monologue and I only watch an interview if it's someone I'm really interested in. I stop and watch, hear Jimmy tell them how awesome they are and how much he loves them, get doosh chills and hit the FF button. There are some games I watch but most of them bore me at this point. I feel guilty saying all of these things because I know in between all of that sugary sweet bs, the guys got talent. There are so many other late night options at this point and the sugary sweet option's just not what I want anymore. 

-I'm pretty sure that it really doesn't matter at all at this point who sits in the AGT judges chairs. The ratings were the same before Howard Stern and after Howard Stern. They were the same with Piers and Simon and Sharon and Howie. NBC already decided to lock in Howie, Simon, Heidi and Mel B for next season, so no big drama, no big news at all. Simon's coming back, they all apparently have nothing better to do, so they'll be spending next Summer together again.

-I knew I'd have to suck it up and fork over the dough for CBS All Access for my husband when the new Star Trek premiered, but now, not only do have I have to fork over the dough, to Les for the app, I have to re-think and re-plan my entire Fall viewing situation because HUGE NEWS GUYS...there will be another season of Big Brother right after the current one ends but the entire season will only be availabe on CBS All Access. Half of me wants to blow it off. Big Brother is a Summer show. It's actually our Summer saviour in a way, but I do love it so much that I couldn't NOT watch it. My heads spinning about this news. I really have to figure it all out once I know more of the details. BB fans...what are you thinking? In?

-Time Warner announced this morning that it has gotten in on the Hulu action with a 10% stake. Joining forces with FOX, Disney and Comcast. I'd say good for all of us Hulu subscribers...more content to choose from, right?  

Wednesday's Trivia Question: Where are the 2018 Winter Olympics being held?

kristy@watchingwaytoomuch.com


WWTM-Kristy
Like me on Facebook at Watching Way Too Much
Follow me on Twitter at tvnme
http://watchingwaytoomuch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment