Thursday, January 26, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 1/26/12


The answer to Wednesday’s Trivia Question: Jack Bauer worked for CTU (Counter Terrorism Unit)
FIRST FIVES: David Gorin, Tara Dowling, Bobby Aguilera, Larry Goldberg & Brendan Hoey

Tuesday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL (REPEAT) Don’t get nervous that you missed something-FOX 3.3/9.5
THE BIGGEST LOSER-NBC 2.1/6.3
NCIS-CBS 2.0/12.3
STATE OF THE UNION-NBC 2.0/7.1
STATE OF THE UNION-FOX 1.8/5.3

Tuesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
STATE OF THE UNION-Multiple Networks 323,610
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 78,732
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 65,455
NCIS-CBS 32,850
90120-CW 25,697

Tuesday’s Cable Top 5
TEEN MOM 2-MTV 2.2/3.9
STORAGE WARS-A&E 2.0/4.6
THE GAME-BET 1.5/2.8
HARDCORE PAWN-Tru 1.1/2.9
WHITE COLLAR-USA 1.1/3.4

Tuesday’s Cable Top Trendrr Top 5
STATE OF THE UNION-Multiple Networks 323,610
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS-Nick 95,768
TEEN MOM 2-MTV 44,827
DANCE MOMS-Lifetme 39,695
THE GAME-BET 38,980

-Housekeeping note…effective next week, I am only tracking PRIMETIME programming on TRENDRR and  Nielsen…bye bye SPONGEBOB!

-I have always thought that Kristen Chenoweth was talented, especially after seeing her in WICKED on Broadway, but I also know from all of the stories that she is ultra conservative and extremely into god and stuff so I never thought I would like her, plus…that voice…but…she was AMAZING on LIVE WITH KELLY yesterday.  Again…thought the 2 tiny blondes wouldn’t work…it did…and, Kelly and Kristen had great chemistry.  Kristen was great with the interviews too!  I am sure it helped that fellow Broadway actor Alan Cummings was a guest and obvious FOK (Friend of Kristen) but seriously…really enjoyable show.  I am guessing that Kristen was really just helping out for the day though, between her GLEE guest appearances and her new midseason show GOOD CHRISTIAN BELLE’S (Now GCB) I don’t think she is looking for a full time gig…but gotta admit…they were great together.

-IDOL was pretty good last night and honestly…one hour is just so much better to deal with than 2 hours…please people…just think about it…these 2 hour shows are killing me!  I don’t think the bipolar girl, Shelby, was that amazing, but the backstory is so compelling, that I am sure the producers took that into account…especially knowing the audience.  The Lady Gaga girl started out weird and then she really kicked butt with “Blue Bayou” not sure why she decided to go weird rather than just sing…but weirdest of the night was that Magic Cyclops guy…WTH??? (Trying to stay away from the cursing…even in abbreviations!)

-Okay…I NEED to discuss…hope you all checked out TOUCH!  WOW…I am not sure how to describe this show…hard for me to not see Kiefer as Jack Bauer, and he actually could still be Jack Bauer in this show I don’t know…it doesn’t really matter…the concept was just so amazing…again, how did someone think of this one?  It has to be my answer for everything…WEED!  I mean okay this kid doesn’t speak and all he does is write numbers in a book, so of course we think…Autism…but then Jack Bauer (honestly can’t even remember his name on the show) looks online (why he hasn’t done this before-no idea) and finds Danny Glover in some house who apparently has all the answers and tells Jack he needs to pay attention to the signs his son is giving him…when he does…the show all comes together for us and we can’t believe it.  Pretty sure FOX is rerunning it before it airs again on 3/19 so if you haven’t seen it…you must…oh and good cliffhanger…I didn’t realize I had to wait until 3/19 for the next episode…Really cool show…I hope they can sustain it all…

-My son pretty much watches sports, sports center, Spongebob and Pawn Stars… but there ARE some shows we all watch together and I know this is going to sound ridiculous but we LOVE…JOAN AND MELISSA.  The second season premiered on Tuesday (when I was out at the Friars Club) and it was truly laugh out loud hysterically funny.  Joan was helping her 10 year old grandson’s friend Russell work out his stand up routine for open mike night at Lenny’s Deli and was so incredibly giving and smart that it reminded you of her talent and knowledge of the business.  However the best part was when Joan decided to have yet another cosmetic surgery and Melissa was so upset about it that she staged a skintervention…best line in the show was of course from Joan when Melissa was saying she didn’t want her to die during surgery…Joan says “If I die, I want to look good in the coffin...did you see Beth Goldberg in her coffin?  If she had seen how bad she looked, she would have woken up and killed herself”  I guess ya have to see it…ask my son…HILARIOUS!

-Demi Moore hasn’t been on TV since I don’t know the 80’s…maybe she is still stuck there…WHIP ITS??? I didn’t even know you could still buy those…Hollywood gets weirder and weirder...

-Apparently my boyfriend, Jimmy Fallon is being sued for gender bias…by a guy!  Ya know what? I don’t care?  First and foremost, I love Jimmy (and want him to sleepover) and if he wants to only work with women…for once, GOOD! I like that twist!  All these years of it being the other way around…good for a guy to experience gender bias for once…and yeah for Jimmy being pro-women.  I am sure I have it all wrong but I don’t care…I love Jimmy and when he sleeps over…I will get the real story.

-Adele’s 21 album just took over being the top selling album since Whitney Houston’s The Bodyguard…pretty impressive and good for Adele (this story has absolutely nothing to do with TV…I just wanted to report it)

-I don’t know how Simon Cowell and Will Smith have enough time in the day to count all of their money AND work on so many projects but apparently they have carved out some minutes to work on a new DJ competition show together…Ka-Ching

-I read last night that Pat Sajak admitted to drinking during some WHEEL OF FORTUNE tapings…doesn’t surprise me…I’m sure he had to think of ways to make turning letters, turning wheels and dealing with Vanna and all of the contestants fun…alcohol…I get it Pat…I really do

-Big news BIG BROTHER fans (and this may get me back to watching THE AMAZING RACE)…Brennnndon and Rachel are competing in one of the next cycles…That has to bring me back in…where am I going to find the time?  Can you imagine them on the race…classic…brilliant casting CBS!

-Is it true that Dwight Schrutt from THE OFFICE is getting his own show in 2013?  The concept is he is going to run his Bed and Breakfast/Beet Farm…I don’t know about that one…Dwight as part of the amazing ensemble…yes definitely…Dwight alone…don’t think so

-Star Jones is going to be making her first trip back to THE VIEW since leaving in 2006 (after much prayer and counsel).  Star is visiting with her ex-bff’s to talk about heart disease in women.  I wonder if the women of THE VIEW will be happy to see her?  I am guessing NOT!

-The ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS will be stickin around CBS for 10 more years.  For all of you country music fans out there, I thought you’d want to know.  (C’mon…it’s cool to like country music now…you can just admit it)

-When I saw the headline that the History Channel was going to be launching a new hand fishing show called MUDCATS on 2/9 for some reason it made me laugh…but what was funnier was this description:

There’s no rod, reel or bait – just two hands and a whole lot of guts.  If that doesn’t make you want to watch this show…maybe this guy will: SCOOTER" BEVINS The reigning champion of the 2010 Okie Noodling Tournament, Scooter is a man’s man and then some.  OKIE NOODLING!  OKIE NOODLING…what the heck is Okie noodling?  I so need to look that one up!


-THURSDAY’S TRIVIA QUESTION : Since I am dumping SPONGEBOB next week, perhaps a trivia question to send him on his way…Patrick is SPONGEBOB’s BFF..what is he? 

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment