Friday, January 27, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 1/27/12



The answer to Thursday’s Trivia Question: Patrick from SPONGEBOB is a starfish (I would have accepted sea star also)
FIRST FIVES: Jim Wall, Tara Dowling, Stephanie Baxter, Marilyn Wagner, & Alex Nagler

Wednesday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL (CFF)-FOX 6.4/19.5
TOUCH (CFF)-FOX 3.9/11.8
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 3.6/13.7
CSI-CBS 3.3/14.0
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 2.5/6.4

Wednesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL (CFF)-FOX 105,467
CRIMINAL MINDS-CBS 41,339
ONE TREE HILL (KF)-CW 27,317
CSI-CBS 23,558
LAW & ORDER SVU-NBC 22,975

Wednesday’s Cable Top 5
DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER-A&E 1.4/3.1
CHALLENGE-MTV 1.2/1.9
AMERICAN RESTORATION-History 1.0/2.7
THE DAILY SHOW-Comedy Central 1.0/2.0
ROYAL PAINS-USA 1.0/3.3

Wednesday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS-Nick 89,780
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 52,781
DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER-A&E 45,626
TODDLERS & TIARA’S-TLC 27,322
HOT IN CLEVELAND-TV LAND 25,979

-I was truly upset when I read that Robert Hegyes, WELCOME BACK KOTTER’s Juan Epstein had died of a heart attack at the age of 60 in NJ yesterday.  My sister and I had seen him in person at last year’s TV LAND awards and I have to admit, he didn’t look good then.  Juan Epstein always had an excuse in the form of a letter from his mother.  I loved WELCOME BACK KOTTER when I was a kid…this news totally bummed me out.

-Let’s be honest, Candy Spelling couldn’t have been all bad right?  I mean Aaron Spelling was supposedly one of the nicest guys in Hollywood, so how could he be married to such a witch?  I don’t think she really was…or, she’s gotten some life coaching or career coaching or something.  On this season of TORI & DEAN, she is an integral part of the show and a huge part of the McDermott/Spelling’s life.  She show’s up when needed (and when not), she makes grilled cheese sandwiches, gives crazy good presents to her grandchildren and hosts a picnic on the grounds of “The Manor” before moving out (she sold the house for an undisclosed amount but it was originally on the market of 150MM)…I thought I would hate her (maybe because Tori was so hurt by their estrangement?) but I really love her this season.  Next week is the finale, and the arrival of the newest McDermott…Hattie

-These are the things I love about Rob Lowe’s character Chris Traeger on PARKS & REC
1) His hair
2) His pronunciation of the word “literally” (which he pronounces “litrally”)
3) How he always says everyone’s first and last name when greeting them
4) His insane optimism
5) His obsession with health (last night’s probiotic tea break was awesome)
6) His desire to live in an octagon shaped house
7) He is really…ROB LOWE
This week’s episode brilliantly takes place predominantly in a bowling alley when Leslie Knope tries to prove to a potential voter that she is “cool enough to bowl with”. Loved the bowling stylings of Ron vs. Tom, and was so sad that Millicent broke up with Chris Traeger (but now there is hope for me -if I was a character on the show, that is.) Is it my imagination or has Ben (aka Adam Scott) been seriously congested for the past few episodes?

-I don’t watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, so I really had never seen Cat Deeley before yesterday’s LIVE WITH KELLY…she was pretty good, but I don’t think I could deal with the accent 5 days a week…nothing against a British accent but having grown up with one (my stepfather is British) I can tell you that it loses its charm after a while.

-Kathy Griffin was a guest star on WHITNEY…and Denise Richards, James Mardsen and Kelsey Grammar were again on 30 ROCK last night, maybe it was my mood…I don’t know…I didn’t think either episode was that funny…they can’t all be great I guess.  A bit disappointing though, especially when I have SO much to watch.

-What was really good though was BEING HUMAN.  Nora is reeling from her first night as a werewolf and Sally is reeling from her first “rage” where she went inside a life human…Unfortunately for Aidan, he has to deal with a new head vampire for Boston who of course is trouble with a capital T. 

-I am sure that many of you saw the clip of President Obama singing Al Green’s “Let’s Stay Together” the other day…well, sales of the single are up 490%...maybe the Prez has a new calling…I am sure Deborah Harry would love to have sing “Call Me” and get some additional royalties this month!  (Why did I choose that song…who knows, it just flowed out of my fingers this AM)

-Was anyone surprised when it was announced that Jay-Z and Beyonce named of all people…Oprah to be Blue Ivy Carter’s godmother? The article says that the “Z’s” didn’t want to name a blood relative…how about my girl crush Gwyneth Paltrow then? From what I understand Gwyneth and Chris Martin are BFF’s with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Oprah and the Z’s aren’t even friends…are they?

-I just heard about this new free app called VIGGLE that rewards users for checking-in to the TV programs they are watching, with prizes that include movie tickets, music, gift cards and more. Brands have also been brought into the fold as VIGGLE enables them to offer additional points to users who check-in to TV commercials, or interact with the games, videos, polls and quizzes available within the app. I hope this thing is as cool as at sounds…I will be rolling in movie tickets, music and gift cards if it is…let you know on Monday.

-Friday’ Chart of the Day:

-Need to vent about something…when I used to work in the city and take cabs more often…Taxi TV wasn’t really as big as it is now, so I didn’t have to deal with this issue, but I was in the city recently and as I am sure you can imagine…someone like me is happy to have TV any and everywhere…but when a passenger is trying to give directions, talk to the person they are with, or make a business call they need to be able to turn the volume or program off and if I recall, at one point I could do this in a cab…well, I don’t know if it’s intentional or not…but NBC has figured out a way to make sure I watch and hear the entire program they are running whenever I am in a cab...do ratings count even in my Taxi?  Maybe there is a need to insure more viewership?  I don’t know, but it did leave me a bit frustrated…and I LOVE TV!

-WWTM Weekend Movie Rental Suggestion: GOOD WILL HUNTING…another one of those movies I can never turn off once I stumble upon it…How do you like them apples?

-Friday’s Trivia Question: This weekend is the premiere of the new HBO show…LUCK, starring Dustin Hoffman one of my favorite actors…so I think we need a Dustin trivia question: What was the name of the “home” where Raymond, “Ray” Babbitt was taken from by his brother, Charlie in the movie RAINMAN? (Another great pick for the weekend BTW)

-Next week will be a trivia theme week…theme is…SUPERBOWL!

-Have a great weekend guys!  If you meet any people who you think would love (or even like a little bit) this email…let me know…the more the merrier!

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment