Friday, March 9, 2012

WATCHING WAY TOO MUCH 3/9/12


The answer to the EASY Trivia Question: TIME OF YOUR LIFE was spun-off from PARTY OF FIVE
FIRST FIVES: Jennifer Rosoff, Shawn Chekmayan, Gerald Piscopo, Mike D, & Brett Blattman

The answer to the HARD Trivia Question: CHEERS was the show that THE TORTELLI’s spun-off from.
FIRST FIVES: Ed Ziskind, Vincent Mondano, Mike D, Brendan Hoey, &  Brett Blattman
Starting next week, only on the blog will the answers and winners for the hard trivia question’s be available

Wednesday’s Broadcast Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 5.6/18.4
SURVIVOR (CFF)-CBS 3.2/10.6
MODERN FAMILY (CFF)-ABC 2.4/6.1
HAPPY ENDINGS-ABC 2.0/4.5
CSI-CBS 1.8/8.3

Wednesday’s Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
AMERICAN IDOL-FOX 207,658
ONE TREE HILL (KF?)-CW 35,972
AMERICA’S NEXT TOP MODEL-CW 32,159
SURVIVOR (CFF)-CBS 29,765
LAW & ORDER SVU-CBS 20,536

Wednesday’s Cable Top 5
SONS OF GUNS-Discovery 1.2/2.5
CHALLENGE BATTLE OF THE EXES-MTV 1.1/1.8
THE BIG BANG THEORY-TBS 1.0/2.1
FACE OFF-Syfy 1.0/2.2
FAMILY GUY-TBS 1.0/1.8

Wednesday’s Cable Trendrr Top 5
SOUTH PARK-Comedy Central 44,368
MY CRAZY OBSESSION-TLC 24,081
PSYCH-USA 22,873
THE COLBERT REPORT-Comedy Central 16,975
FACE OFF-Syfy 9950

-Martin Short was Kelly’s co-host on LIVE WITH KELLY yesterday.  Martin is really funny and comfortable whenever he is on the show, I just think that I wouldn’t be able to take him every day.  He is very over the top and “on” all the time.  I liked him last night, but I don’t think he should be a finalist.  Not sure if it was the hideous necklace’s fault or not, but Kelly had hurt her neck and seemed very uncomfortable…so she wasn’t wearing it yesterday.  I wish you guys could hear me when I am watching the opening segment, as soon as she walks out with her co-host, I shout NO NECKLACE…yeah!  Kelly had her hair up, which I liked, I just didn’t like the gray dress at all. It looked like it was on cockeyed or something. 

-Sean Hayes made a guest appearance on PARKS & REC as another great named reporter…Gaylord Felcher.  This is a family blog, so I am not going down that road at all, but anyone who is familiar with Urban Dictionary, can look that up in their spare time. I hate to admit this, but as a Howard Stern fan, I know what it means.  The show as always was amazing.  Leslie, Ann Perkins and Tom, after a long day of campaigning go and get drunk and then Leslie finds out she has an interview with Felcher (look it up…not telling). In addition, Andy was studying for his Women’s studies final, and Rob Lowe (looking awesome as always) ends up hanging with Andy’s professor.  For me though, the funniest part was Jerry’s obsession stuffing the envelopes and Donna’s obsession with his obsession…Jerry…I feel ya dude…I really do.

-30 ROCK, also a great episode…They are really handling Avery’s hostage situation so well, I mean the show sort of stumbled when Jack got married and had a kid, so they course corrected and we are okay with it.  Kenneth in charge of standards & practices…hilarious.  Kenneth has to be on of the most underrated characters ever. 

-I had a bit of an epiphany (one of my favorite words) while watching WHITNEY which I keep thinking I need to cut from my roster…my favorite person on the show is Roxanne and I finally came up with why…she wears amazing clothes…but since I am not really into fashion, I couldn’t figure out why this kept me tuning in week after week and then…I got it…if Kelly Ripa wore Roxanne’s wardrobe, LIVE WITH KELLY would be perfect.  So here is what I am thinking…Gelman needs to call Whitney and find out who her stylist is and steal her.  Since nobody on the show called my friend as I suggested, this is my next subtle hint.  Please listen to me Gelman if you are reading this.  I know I am right here…I can feel it.

-So, you need a little background as to why I tuned in to a new favorite show on the Travel Channel, called A SLICE OF BROOKLYN.  My son is trying to find the best pizza ever.  Wherever we go, he must try a pizzeria, so when I read about this show, of course I had to TiVo it.  Seriously you guys…you need two check it out.  Tony (of course) owns a tour bus company that only does pizza tours of Brooklyn, but he is so busy he needs to expand.  He has a bunch of real life “consigliere’s” named “Uncle Louie” (not sure if he is really Tony’s uncle or not) Cousin Paula, (definitely a cousin), Fat Sal (best guy on the entire show) and Frankie Pancakes (who didn’t eat a pancake on the 2 episodes I watched but ate everything else).  In the first episode, Tony had to find a new tour guide so we saw him interviewing and learned what some of his criteria as to who would be the perfect candidate would be? So in case need a job… You have to be FROM Brooklyn, you have to know what DUMBO stands for and you have to know the name of the club that Tony Manero danced in from SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.  Michelle fit the bill and was hired.  Oy…you need to see her to appreciate her. Brooklyn’s finest.  There is so much pizza and food in this show that if you are watching on an empty stomach, you are in trouble.  Loved this one…I will be adding a season pass and if I ever get back to Brooklyn, I will be trying L&B’s Spumoni Garden, Tommaso’s and Mona Lisa restaurants.

-Andy Cohen and Giuliana Rancic will be hosting this year’s Miss USA pageant on 6/3. Two great choices, but I still won’t watch. (I don’t do pageants…better add that to the “Some Things You Should Know” post on my blog…I know I forgot to include that in the WWTM rules.

-CBS renewed THE TALK with Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Sheryl Underwood and Aisha Taylor.  I am guessing the meeting goes something like this: Julie Chen and Les Moonves are hanging out at the pool in their home, and Julie is probably wearing a tiny bikini or something and says to Les…”ya know, if the girls are in…I am in for another season…whatta ya think babe?” and Les says, “well…it is number 1 with women who own cats and it’s number 1 with all people who don’t work and watch BIG BROTHER, it’s making money, so if you want to keep doing it hon, fine by me”.  Done.

-Is there really a reason to have yet another singing competition show?  This one of course “has a twist” and is like “no other singing competition out there”…it may not have super cool chairs but DUETS does have Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke. The show will debut this summer on ABC. DUETS  takes the Superstars out from behind the judges’ panel and onto the stage, where they will individually set out on a journey across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy of being their protégés. Ultimately, each star will choose two singers to be his/her duet partners. Together they will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts, and the winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records. For me it will all depend when it’s on…between a million nights of BIG BROTHER and a million nights of AMERICA’S GOT TALENT with Howard…I could be booked…but I of course will check it out.

-A&E hired the craziest SURVIVOR ever (but that was before Colton), Russell Hantz for a new show that centers on the world of house flipping.  I don’t know if I will watch this one or not…I am loyal and my favorite house flipper is Jeff Lewis on FLIPPING OUT.  I am sort of annoyed that this show is called FLIPPED OFF.  What to do, what to do?

-I had seen a few clips of the show TANKED which is back on Animal Planet and not only set my Tivo for its return, but recommended it to a few friends.  The new season starts 4/14.  I have a tiny tank with one black fish in it named Blacky…but the tanks that Wayde and his team create are insane.  I am not a huge fish lover…but still this show is pretty good.

-Check out how much more time US mobile internet users are spending with Mobile vs. everything else…this is going to continue to grow exponentially as we know, and look how fast it has grown already. 

-WWTM’s Weekend Movie Suggestion: THINGS TO DO IN DENVER WHEN YOU’RE DEAD: IMDB description: 5 different criminals face imminent death after botching a job quite badly.  I liked this one…it stars Andy Garcia, Christopher Walken and Christopher Lloyd, plus a ton of other familiar faces.

-Friday’s final EASY SPIN-OFF trivia question: Name the 2 shows that spun-off from BEVERLY HILLS 90210 (The original)
Friday’s final HARD SPIN-OFF trivia question: What was the name of the spin-off from FAMILY TIES?

Have a great weekend, check the blog, the Facebook page and Twitter over the weekend…I may post stuff if there is anything good to post…and maybe even continue the trivia…check and see…

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment