Monday, June 18, 2012

BRETT BLATTMAN WAS RIGHT! BREAKING BAD IS AWESOME!

HAPPY BELATED FATHER'S DAY TO ALL THE DAD'S OUT THERE!

-The answer to Friday's Dead or Alive Trivia QuestionVincent Gardenia died in 1992
 FIRST FIVES: Phyllis DiCesare, Bob Kaplan, Adam Cohen, Vito Lepore, & Dana Moscato
-The answer to Friday's NBA Trivia Question: The Boston Celtics scored 148 points in an NBA Finals game
FIRST ONE: Neil Moffatt

Thursday's Broadcast Top 5
NBA FINALS-ABC 5.8/13.5
NBA COUNTDOWN-ABC 3.1/7.7
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 2.1/7.8
JIMMY KIMMEL GAME NIGHT-ABC 2.1/6.1
2 BROKE GIRLS-CBS 1.8/6.2

Thursday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
NBA FINALS-ABC 2,381,452
TAKE ME OUT-FOX 46,060
THE BIG BANG THEORY-CBS 43,454
THE VAMPIRE DIARIES (KF)-CW 32,890
BREAKING POINT-CW 24,783

Thursday's Cable Top 5
SWAMP PEOPLE-History 1.3/3.8
BURN NOTICE-1.2/3.8
SUITS-USA 1.1/3.4
MOUNTAIN MEN-History 1.1/3.5
DON'T BE TARDY FOR WEDDING-Bravo 1.0/2.3

Thursday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
EURO 2012 SOCCER-ESPN 750,691
SUITS-USA 75,601
BURN NOTICE-USA 62,187
DON'T BE TARDY FOR THE WEDDING-Bravo 39,129
THE PAULY D PROJECT-MTV 31,325

Friday's Broadcast Top 5
MEGA STUNTS: HIGHWIRE OVER NIAGRA FALLS-ABC 2.5/10/1
COUNTDOWN TO NIAGRA-ABC 1.2/5.7
DATELINE-NBC 1.2/4.7
UNDERCOVER BOSS-CBS .9/4.6
CSI NY-.6/4.3

Friday's Broadcast Trendrr Top 5
MEGASTUNTS: HIGHWIRE OVER NIAGRA FALLS-ABC 431,424
NIKITA-CW 26,998
HOUSE-FOX 19,411
SUPERNATURAL-CW 18,798
DATELINE-NBC 14,492

Friday's Cable Top 5
NA

Friday's Cable Trendrr Top 5
EURO 2012 SOCCER-ESPN2 778,588
EURO 2012 SOCCER-ESPN2 489,783
WWE-Syfy 58,536
LET IT SHINE-Disney 48,982
WHALE-Animal Planet 47,927


-I need to officially say...THANK YOU to WWTM reader (and friend) BRETT BLATTMAN...Brett urged me to start watching BREAKING BAD and this weekend was the perfect opportunity. Saturday my guys were out most of the day and night and since I couldn't really go anywhere,  I figured why not check out BREAKING BAD on DVD.  Well...the next thing I knew, I had Season 1 done!  WOW! What a great show.  I tried to figure out why I didn't watch it when it first aired  and remembered that I hated the show MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE and that's where I knew Bryan Cranston from.  Bryan is unbelievable as Walter White in BREAKING BAD.  For those of you that have never seen it, Walter is a 50 year old chemistry teacher with a pregnant wife, a teenage son who seems to have cerebal palsy, and is in a bit of a financial situation, when he  finds out he has stage 3 lung cancer (and never smoked cigarettes).  He is one of these guys that life sort of just happened to.  He ends up "cooking" and selling crystal meth.  It's really a great show and now I know why Bryan won the Emmy, his acting is unbelievable.  If you aren't watching this one (and I'm sure most of you are) you should...Brett was right!

-While we were watching the Heat beat Oklahoma City, I also watched the NURSE JACKIE season finale. SPOILER ALERT: As usual the writers shoved a lot into the 22 minute episode. Bobby comes down from his asthma episode to find that Jackie has the whole place running perfectly, of course she did bring in 7 unauthorized nurses to help.  When Bobby freaks out, Jackie finally tells Bobby Cruz to F himself, so of course he fires her.  She leaves and goes to hang out with Eddie and Gloria at a bar (she has a shirley temple).  Then...O'Hara goes in to labor a month early.  Jackie sends Coop to help her until she can get there.  Just as she is getting on the elevator, Bobby sees her and they go at it when Jackie sees Bobby's drug addict son on a gurney...pretty much dead on arrival (DOA as they say in the biz).  Bobby Cannavale's son Jake played his son on the show, so the emotions were pretty real and raw...powerful stuff.  Jackie leaves to get to O'Hara and see her with her brand new baby boy bundled up in the same baby blanket every baby ever born gets wrapped in...the end.  Now we know how they will get rid of Cannavale's character...he's gotta be a mess after seeing his son die.

I caught up on two days of LIVE WITH KELLY, but both had Joel McHale as the guest host, so I bagged them since he does nothing for me.


I also caught up on two days of BETHENNY.  This picture pretty much tells you all you need to know.  Skinny Girl cocktails being served via Coco T's booty.  I wish I kept all of this weeks episodes and counted how many references/episodes/conversations there were about sex...pretty sure all 5 episodes focused on sex in some way...these are the topics that were covered that I remember: boobs, bras, pen*s size, sleeping with people for money, butts, sex toys, 50 Shades of Gray, how often one has sex, and I am sure there was more but that's a lot of sex talk in one week.  I think there is a lot of work to do with this show before it goes national and I am betting that some of these topics won't fly in Omaha, Nebraska.


-I abandoned Scrabble on my Iphone and Ipad a while ago when I got hooked on DRAW SOMETHING. Have you guys checked it out at all? DRAW SOMETHING is an app that combines Scrabble and Pictionary...I'm the worst artist and yet, people can still figure out what I'm trying to draw...I love it.  CBS loves it too!  So much so, they won the bidding war for a primetime pilot based on the game.  Sony, Ryan Seacrest (man he has his paws in everything doesn't he?) and Embassy Row are also involved.  While there is no official on air commitment, CBS is supposedly putting this one on the face track.  I'm not sure how it will translate from mobile game to primetime game show, but I am obsessed with the game and will obviously check it out if/when it hits the air.

-As of this moment, GLASS HOUSE is scheduled to air tonight at 10pm on ABC.  For any of you that may have forgotten, this is the show that is a BIG BROTHER rip off and CBS tried, unsuccessfully, to get this taken off the air.  I'm going to check it out and get back to you in the morning.  Keep ya posted.


-No idea numbers wise yet how Oprah's interview with the Kardashian's did last night, but I read that they had already decided that they would expand it to two episodes, so I believe that there will be another episode next Sunday too...smell the desperation?



-Sophie Tweed Simmons, Gene and Shannon's daughter, auditioned yesterday for the X FACTOR.  Not sure if she got sent through or not, but I'm hoping she did. The X FACTOR could use Gene, Shannon and Nick in the audience every week...remember THE VOICE is also airing this Fall...I can see it now, KISS in makeup at the finale!  More X FACTOR news...fired judge, Nicole Scherzinger was rehired for the UK X FACTOR, so I guess Simon Cowell sees something in her...probably the fact that she is dating Lewis Hamilton a British F1 driver, which makes Nicole sort of popular in the UK.  I get it Simon...I do.


Monday's Trivia Question: In honor of the Dad's this week...TV DAD TRIVIA!
Bryan Cranston was Dad on MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE to Reese, Dewey, Francis & Malcolm...what was his name on the show?

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment