Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SPECIAL REPORT: GIRLS...I hate it and yet I can't stop watching it.



When I first read about the show Girls on HBO, I was really excited for it.  It had a ton of buzz, a lot of great people involved, and of course it IS HBO.

I was really uncomfortable and disappointed after watching the first episode and didn't give it my Season Pass reward...I was done...or so I thought.

But, everyone kept talking about it.  The buzz continued and still I didn't give in.  Some of you guys suggested I go back and give it another try, Kelly Ripa couldn't stop raving about it and you know how much her opinion matters.  Still I didn't want any part of the show...until...Howard Stern got on the bandwagon.

I listen to Howard every day and admit, I'm a disciple.  Howard got me hooked on Snapple, Sons of Anarchy and no, I didn't sign up with Ashley Madison, but you get the point.  Anyway, Howard was like me, he hated Girls at first. He called Lena Dunham fat and said she looked like Jonah Hill.  Then, Beth, Howard's wife, made him watch more episodes and he supposedly had a change of heart and felt the need to have Lena on his show and apologize for his comments.  Sure this pissed me off, but I figured if HE changed his mind, maybe I should give the show another chance.  
So this past weekend in between everything else I had to do, I watched all of Season 1 and not only did I catch up, but thanks to HBOGO, I've already seen this coming Sunday's episode too...and yet...I STILL HATE THE SHOW...I HATE IT. 
  • I hate the way they speak
  • Other than Allison Williams, none of the girls are enjoyable to look at (I know that sounds bad, but I gotta be honest)
  • I hated the way Adam treated Hannah and then I hated that Hannah liked him anyway
  • Too much bad naked
  • Maybe things have changed, but I've never taken a bath with my friends, not even my BFF's, not ever, it's WEIRD (and I hate baths)
  • Too much talk about Hannah's weight
  • Too much bad eating after talking weight
  • All of the clothes are hideous, especially Hannah's.
  • Nobody seems to be able to walk gracefully in their shoes.
  • Nobody really works but they all seem to be able to go out, eat and drink.
  • Every single guy that these women invite into their lives is a hot mess.
  • Too many instances of people peeing and all of us being forced to watch
  • I don't like anyone on the show...at all
So the problem is...I am now heavily invested and have every intention of finishing the season, and I don't know why.  I think, I'm only doing it so that I can listen to Howard and know what he's talking about.  That's idiotic and I know and can't wait for Season 2 to end and put me out of my sick, twisted OCD need to complete a task.

I need help...I know it.

WWTM-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment